Belleza Announcing New Gen.X Body and Event

Lysistrata Szapira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 271 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The hud is clear, concise, and easy to use. And what body that has managed to keep and hold any kind of market share has launched without alpha cuts? The flop that was the original slink redux tells you everything you need to know about people's desire to make their own. Most clothing creators are just throwing something from a full perm pack in a box with the clothes for the one  that don't doesn't do alphas anyways.

Edited by Blaise Glendevon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

45 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Does anyone have any feedback on the new body's HUD?  My partner really loathed the Jake HUD.

The hud is sleek, nicely designed and simple, definitely an improvement on the original. It minimises down very small. 

Alpha cuts look very similar to, if not exactly the same as, the orignal. Only differense I've noticed is left and right feet can be alpha'ed separately now.

• Thanks 1

Well I was interested in trying it but looking at the pictures here I doubt it's for me, I wear Lara Petite and don't get the impression there's any reason to consider switching.

Surprised they're going for what seems like a very saturated market of curvier bodies but I guess they figure it's worth it and of course it's on trend.

Price is too high imo I'm not marketer but I'd have assumed a $2kish introductory deal would be a good idea for any new body.  Undercut the competition early, get people out and wearing it and then bring the price up if necessary.

I'll drop by in a week or so when things chill out and give it a try to see how it looks in a more petite size but looking at that picture of Maitreya and it side by side... don't think I'll be buying it.

edit: and if the stuff about 500k tris is true... that's just anti-social and totally unnecessary.

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm really surprised at people who are put out over the price. For all of the development, scripting, not to mention the partnerships with other brands and setting up the fair to market the launch of the body - this is a totally reasonably priced body.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok, not gonna lie. I was kinda starting to think Freya and Curvy was the same thing and I was a little scared to compare. If they were, that would've irked the hell out of me.

They're not! I'm happy to report...curvy is noticeably different. I'm wearing GenX clothes, same shape, so you can see the difference. So someone asked for a side by side comparison (well...I don't feel like photoshopping them together) here ya go!

The breasts are fuller on Curvy, the legs and butt are thicker. I had to double check to make sure I wasn't wearing Isis by mistake.

Freya side_001.png

GenX side_001.png

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

I'm really surprised at people who are put out over the price. For all of the development, scripting, not to mention the partnerships with other brands and setting up the fair to market the launch of the body - this is a totally reasonably priced body.

If the upper arms weren't so thin, I would have been happy to pay this price for the Classic one, in, say, six months time, and providing it gets enough traction with clothing makers.

But having given it some thought, I think those arms are a dealbreaker. I'd rather stick with Freya.

1 minute ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

I'm really surprised that people who are put out over the price.

1. It's the most expensive body in sl. Or does Cinnamon&Chai cost the same? Not sure, but it's still on the more expensive side.

2. People who bought Freya and didn't get a discount are probably disappointed.

3. There are other good bodies that are cheaper, have had a lot of "development and scripting" and more content.

To put it into perspective, Ebody also had partnerships from the start, plus a mod version, a discount for previous users, and it costs less. 

• Like 2

Just now, Sissi Slacker said:

1. It's the most expensive body in sl. Or does Cinnamon&Chai cost the same? Not sure, but it's still on the more expensive side.

3. There are other good bodies that are cheaper, have had a lot of "development and scripting" and more content.

To put it into perspective, Ebody also had partnerships from the start, plus a mod version, a discount for previous users, and it costs less. 

Legacy, the current #2 in the mesh body world, costs exactly the same and only goes on sale once a year and DID NOT go on sale in the first year or two of its production and did not offer a substantial discount to the people who bought the TMP beta body that never got a full launch. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sissi Slacker said:

It's not the most expensive. Legacy is, and so far has always been. Cinnamon & Chai was pretty much dead before it even came out compared to most bodies.
Belleza's biggest issue here is the price. They're essentially shooting themselves in the foot as 90% of those of us passing are because of the price. You get nothing better than most other bodies for the price. As usual for Belleza these days, they're late to the race and trying to shove a high price in to an oversaturated market when equally nice bodies recently were less. Ebody reborn is 3500L, which is less than even Kupra was when it flashed up.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You can't compare the price of Ebody Reborn with this body, because Ebody was in the "who that" tier of bodies, with Signature Alice and the Tonic bodies. Any edge they might have had was from offering a free version of the body at The Free Dove - and that still wasn't enough to get them widespread clothing and skin coverage. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CalypsoJewel said:

Belleza's biggest issue here is the price. They're essentially shooting themselves in the foot as 90% of those of us passing are because of the price. You get nothing better than most other bodies for the price.

I think if they can quickly achieve decent market penetration, with a good number of clothing makers incorporating it into their standard set of bodies, the price won't be that much of a hurdle.

That's why I think they should jump-start maket penetration. Do one quick update, then put these on deep discount for one weekend before Christmas.  If the skins that come with it aren't good enough, get a good skin maker - I see Glam Affair is working with them - to provide a good discount skin in Lelutka-compatible tones at the same time.  I'm rooting for Belleza here, I've always liked them, but they need to quickly jump into the top tier of bodies with this release.

16 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

Legacy, the current #2 in the mesh body world, costs exactly the same

12 minutes ago, CalypsoJewel said:

It's not the most expensive. Legacy is,

If I'm not mistaken, Legacy costs 5000 (inworld, not mp) and Gen X is 5500. People still complained about Legacy pricing just as much back then, and it only managed to become #2 because of 50% off sales, and the included deformers did help as well. I got both female and male one during one of those sales, otherwise probably wouldn't.

Cinnamon&Chai was mentioned mostly for a comedic effect - everyone knows it failed. And it costs around the same.

Edit: I feel like comparing Gen X to both Reborn and Legacy is absolutely reasonable.

Edited by Sissi Slacker
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sissi Slacker said:

If I'm not mistaken, Legacy costs 5000 (inworld, not mp) and Gen X is 5500. People still complained about Legacy pricing just as much back then, and it only managed to become #2 because of 50% off sales, and the included deformers did help as well. I got both female and male one during one of those sales, otherwise probably wouldn't.

Cinnamon&Chai was mentioned mostly for a comedic effect - everyone knows it failed. And it costs around the same.

Legacy was #2 even before they did the annual sales. Maybe it only caught on with the cheap side of the grid because it went half-off, but it launched strong and a combination of the partnerships with clothing brands, Belleza giving up their market share due to infrequent updates at the time, Slink falling off for much the same reason, had it securely in a top spot pretty quickly. 

23 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

Legacy, the current #2 in the mesh body world, costs exactly the same and only goes on sale once a year and DID NOT go on sale in the first year or two of its production and did not offer a substantial discount to the people who bought the TMP beta body that never got a full launch. 

Meh, people that don't want the body are going to find a reason not to like the body no matter what you say. I guess its more fun to point out things (even if it's logically or factually flawed) than to say "Not for me" and go about their day. Whatever you come up with, someone's going to come along and say "But does it bake cookies? Not interested!"

It's good, but not without flaws (but no body is perfect) people on the discord like it. It will be successful, this forum gon do it's forum thing anyway.

Edited by Janet Voxel
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

That's why I think they should jump-start maket penetration. Do one quick update, then put these on deep discount for one weekend before Christmas.

An update is coming already, it'll have the MOD body and a lighter version. I can confirm!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, colleen Criss said:

What is the price? Why is no one talking about the new Prima release?

Nobody's talking about the new Prima release because there are literally no new clothes for it. Some brands nobody ever heard of updated their old Tonic fits for Prima, but Fameshed - the event where the body is being launched - has not one scrap of fabric or smudge of makeup for it. 

The Belleza body is $L5500 for either Classic or Curvy, or $L8800 for both. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Sissi Slacker said:

Well then it's even worse than I thought lmao. When Legacy first came out in-world it was also 5500(a friend bought it when it was and was very angry that she'd spent so much). I will wait for it to eventually go on sale before I even bother because screw that

• Like 2

I saw earlier in this thread that it does not offer a BOM mode.  Is that true?  Has anyone heard anything about that being a future feature?

I really love having that available.  I've been known to quickly make an alpha for old mesh dresses I love, use old fantasy system skins when putting together a costume, even wear an old flexi dress when going dancing now and then.  Simple old system tattoos still look fine (of course depending on the mesh body).

Just now, Nika Talaj said:

I saw earlier in this thread that it does not offer a BOM mode.  Is that true?  Has anyone heard anything about that being a future feature?

BOM is right on the hud above the pre-set skin textures. I think you mistook the posts where there isn't currently a modify privilege enabled copy of the body for that, maybe. Maitreya seems to work best if you haven't bought the new skins, with some smudging at the toes. 

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 271 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.