How to get people to visit your land?

Cristin McGregor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Maybe folks who are interested in places like yours also find places the same way you do, so maybe think about what draws you to a place and arrange to be visible to folks looking the same way. For example, if you find places to visit using Search, maybe emulate your favorite search terms for your own land. (Probably you already do that, though, huh? If I thought it worked, I'd suggest investing in some classified ads for search, but you say you've already tried placing "ads" and I'm pretty skeptical about their value anyway, but others may know differently.)

If there's a pre-existing community of interest to which the place would appeal, there's no substitute for plugging in to that community (organically, like through natural word-of-mouth, definitely not by spamming group chat which is certain doom).

You can also submit the place to be considered for the Destination Guide.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MoiraKathleen said:

If you have Flickr you might start an album* and then at your location's landing point have a sign with the Flickr album info suggesting people add their pictures there. 

* not sure if "album" is the correct Flickr terminology, but hopefully you understand the idea

Flickr group, and that is a good idea!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

but keep in mind others need to post your place there, it's no section to advertise own venues/regions

Oh, interesting. It's not a section I read, but I did glance there before commenting here, and I saw people promoting their own venues. 

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Oh, interesting. It's not a section I read, but I did glance there before commenting here, and I saw people promoting their own venues. 

i didn't even check if there were new rules since the recent forum changes, but it , perhaps still, wasn't meant for owners  to post (advertising) their venues/regions but as recommendation by visitors. ( a bit like the roleplay section, also not meant for promotion of own places)

This is the rental place in your picks? That's one of the issues here, as it's a lot easier to get people into regions that are arty, look pretty, have a unique theme and stuff like that. People are only likely to visit a standard rental area if they want to rent.

What you can do is use the rental area of the forum to advertise and add it to your signature here. Also take a new picture for your picks, showing one of the rentals up close.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.