Evo or bom hairbases non existent??

Derf Fairport

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I will probably get shot down for asking this, as I have done in various SL groups when I have enquired about it.. ‘just use an evox skin’, ‘update your av’ etc 

I wear a Lel head using the evo option as I have a character avatar that uses a unique skin that I do not change, the creator of it has now left SL so it will never be updated.  I would really like to buy and use some of new/current male hairbases out there but cannot because they’re all evox!  I would try to create one for myself but I don’t have those skills. 

Are there any out there at all or do I just give up? 
Many thanks 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Derf Fairport said:

I will probably get shot down for asking this, as I have done in various SL groups when I have enquired about it.. ‘just use an evox skin’, ‘update your av’ etc 

I wear a Lel head using the evo option as I have a character avatar that uses a unique skin that I do not change, the creator of it has now left SL so it will never be updated.  I would really like to buy and use some of new/current male hairbases out there but cannot because they’re all evox!  I would try to create one for myself but I don’t have those skills. 

Many thanks 

Have you tried any of the hairbases that are included with the Evo line of heads?    If I recall, any BOM hairbase NOT for EvoX should work on the Evo mode.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I've got the opposite problem...old flexi hair whose hairbases don't work with EvoX.

But switching back to Evo lets you use them.

I use the ones that come with the head quite often.  Even some of the men's styles.

I know Stealthic has a nice Evo hairbase for men.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Derf Fairport said:

Many thanks 

What you're going to look for is hairbases for the SL UV. They might be branded for Catwa men's heads, or for the classic SL avatar. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I've got the opposite problem...old flexi hair whose hairbases don't work with EvoX.

But switching back to Evo lets you use them.

Thanks for the reply, yes I tried those along time ago. They’re all samey and have no style to them. Specifically looking for styled ones. 

• Like 1

Hairbases are usually pretty inexpensive, but for something big like a skin, this is really not a good time to buy texture-based avatar enhancements. Skin creators are still charging full price for stuff that will look very old in a few months, as products with PBR ("Physically Based Rendering") materials start to dominate. I'm saving up for what I expect to be pricy update purchases for all my avatars. (This may not matter so much anyway for a "character avatar" with a "unique skin" that's, I dunno, like metallic or zombie or something that current materials are adequate to represent. And obviously won't matter at all to folks who don't use Advanced Lighting.)

I sorta don't get the whole Hairbase product category, though. They don't seem to come with any materials maps. Have I been buying from the wrong creators? I've had to create my own specularmap (for both SLUV/Evo and EvoX) to remove the shine completely from the buzzcut I usually wear under and around mesh hair so I can add a hint of shine to the skin elsewhere. I see a lot of hairbases painted on freakishly shiny scalps out there, but I can't believe I'm the only one to be bothered by this. (If I were wearing some of these other hairbases representing longer styles than a buzzcut, I'd be even more puzzled by lack of normalmap. How do people even use those?)

18 hours ago, Derf Fairport said:

Many thanks 

NeXus still has BOM hairbases for Evo.  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/CheerNo/115/99/1693

ba9bb38d6d9124dbd6035102467c49b6.thumb.jpg.9bee69853eac007288f21a8d5c890a82.jpg

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.