Mount Campion National Forest

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am one of those people who never really explored mainland much. I had been on Rhoda back when it was mostly a dog park and then became private lots. For the first few years Rhoda was lovely, but over time it sort of degraded. I moved on and had the misfortune of finding regions with people putting up anything anywhere... and it wasnt pretty. I walked away (to Bellisseria) with the impression that mainland was an ugly mess to be avoided if at all possible.

Recently the BBB started some Embassies which have been exposing me to some of the beauty that is on the mainlands. It turns out there is some amazing stuff on the mainland.

I did a tour of Mount Campion National Forest last Saturday, and it took my breath away. There are multiple regions of beautifully decorated forest with trails, lovely meadows, waterfalls, lakes and rivers. There is also a massive cave system to explore. I was astonished at how scenic and serene it is here. And there is SO MUCH to see here... amazing stuff!

The area surrounding their Headquarters building http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Campion/109/107/285 is particularly lovely and motivated me to snap a few photos. I would like to share them with you.

Trail near office_006 (1).jpg

waterfall 2_001 k.jpg

• Like 13

A Belli friend and I had done the tour Saturday morning. We were so excited about it (so much breathtaking stuff to see in this park) that we both rented campsites in the park so that we could have a home base to explore from.

Pretty much all I have done the last two days is set up my campsite and explore this park --for about 12 hours each day. I still get lost here, especially in the massive cave system, but it is great fun.

I just wanted to share this wonderful find with you all.

It turns out there is a nice self-guided tour of the park.. it covers only a portion of the park but takes about 90 minutes to do... there is so much to see here. There are tour signs that look like arrows (50 stops worth). If you touch the sign, it talks to you (in local chat). Some of it is just directions on how to get to the next spot on the tour, but others have a lot of fun and informative information.

If you would like to enjoy this self-guided tour, here is the starting point: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Highflyer/32/219/130

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

A Belli friend and I had done the tour Saturday morning. We were so excited about it (so much breathtaking stuff to see in this park) that we both rented campsites in the park so that we could have a home base to explore from.

Pretty much all I have done the last two days is set up my campsite and explore this park --for about 12 hours each day. I still get lost here, especially in the massive cave system, but it is great fun.

I just wanted to share this wonderful find with you all.

It turns out there is a nice self-guided tour of the park.. it covers only a portion of the park but takes about 90 minutes to do... there is so much to see here. There are tour signs that look like arrows (50 stops worth). If you touch the sign, it talks to you (in local chat). Some of it is just directions on how to get to the next spot on the tour, but others have a lot of fun and informative information.

If you would like to enjoy this self-guided tour, here is the starting point: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Highflyer/32/219/130

Its a lovely place indeed! I was on a tour with Drivers of SL But ofc We used horses and not cars  on the mountain. 🤣 It was  so much fun But gosh I got lost a lot! As soon as I didnt keep up with the others i was toast 😅 and when we eventually reached the top we used the hang glider to get down again. Very worthy to visit ❤️

Edited by Always Incognito
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

There are dozens of other places just like this. You need to walk down mainland roads to find them.

Belli is boring compared to the mainland if you walk and explore instead of teleporting everywhere.

Belli has cool places to discover too, but I absolutely recommend people to explore mainland! There are amazing creations out there on the grid.

• Like 4

I love Campion, I run around there as a wolf a ton. Getting lost there is very calming.

Infact, these two pics I've posted before in the Avatar forum section were snapped there! I think it's quite a hidden gem, more people should do a little hike through it.

DFSFEGFFDG_007.thumb.png.e7cecf87728767661d22340b1aa3b87e.png

heuhuerhr_001_0092.thumb.png.884b6b2ecc8d0c2533463e4c178c31fd.png

Edited by cariboustag
  • Like 11

8 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

So MissB, did you bring those critters with you? or are they squatters who you have to negotiate with in order to live there with them?

((very cute setup the way you are doing your yard))

Thank you Teresa!

I have lots of marshmallows in my pantry.  They followed the scent!  I got this cute set up at Potamac Signature Homes -- http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Potomac Signature Homes/157/152/26

So many nice creations here for cabin or living in the woods and more. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

Since we are showing homes, I thought I would show my campsite as well. Most people pitch a tent, but I put up a tiny shed-home instead. Love it here.. all nature and beautiful

my campsite_002 k2.jpg

my campsite_003 k2.jpg

I love how you decorated your site! Did you know there is a outhouse and a shower across the road for your house? lol

I just moved ... a new campsite opened up that was so amazingly beautiful. It has a wooded entrance and a short stretch of river access and is surrounded by beautiful trees, flowers and ferns. I love my old place, but this one is even prettier... 

... oh the good news, the park is no longer sold out (at least at the time of my writing this post). There are two camping spots available atm (just in case anyone has been wanting one).

I havent figured out how ot decorate it yet, other than putting my little shed camping shed and a waterfall. But I did want to show this place off... more decorations to come later when I figure out what I want to do....

Teresa's new campsite undecorated #2 (small).jpg

Teresa's new campsite undecorated #3 (small).jpg

Teresa's new campsite undecorated #1 (Small).jpg

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I just moved ... a new campsite opened up that was so amazingly beautiful. It has a wooded entrance and a short stretch of river access and is surrounded by beautiful trees, flowers and ferns. I love my old place, but this one is even prettier... 

... oh the good news, the park is no longer sold out (at least at the time of my writing this post). There are two camping spots available atm (just in case anyone has been wanting one).

I havent figured out how ot decorate it yet, other than putting my little shed camping shed and a waterfall. But I did want to show this place off... more decorations to come later when I figure out what I want to do....

Teresa's new campsite undecorated #2 (small).jpg

Teresa's new campsite undecorated #3 (small).jpg

Teresa's new campsite undecorated #1 (Small).jpg

That little waterfall is nice. What about a campfire with s'mores or hotdogs?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Exciting news!! There will be a Ranger-Guided Tour of Mount Campion on Saturday Oct 1. The tour will commence at 9 AM SLT, led by Head Ranger Hex Shining North Star. Hex will be assisted by some of the other park rangers. The tour takes about 90 minutes and covers about 1/4 of the park, including scenic and beautiful forest trails/areas, glimpses of some of the Mountain's wildlife, a brief tour of the caves and a visit to two BBB Stamp Dispensers.  (Please try to arrive 10 minutes early if possible).

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Highflyer/33/220/130

MtCampionTour Poster 512.jpg

• Like 2

in case you cant get to the park to get an info card, here is the information about Saturday's Tour (Oct 1 at 9 AM SLT):

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ranger Hex Shinging North Star will lead a tour of Mount Campion National Forest. (This is not to be confused with the Bear Paw Tour that was offered a couple of weeks ago, it is a separate tour that goes mostly different places.)

Date:       Sat Oct 1, 2022
Time:       9:00 AM SLT
Duration:  90 minutes

Where:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Highflyer/32/219/130

This is the park’s Main Tour. It takes you to 50 locations in the park, including serene trails, scenic lakes, streams, waterfalls, etc. It also ventures briefly into Mt Campion’s massive underground cave system. It addition, for BBB and CPCB passport holders, there are two stamps you can collect during this tour.

Wear comfortable shoes, because you will be doing a lot of walking.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.