Discrimination rules to be added to TOS?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:
4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I have known a lot of child avatars over the last almost 20 years, and I know what they are experiencing now.  Do you?

OH ok...you're the expert I guess. We can stop the discussion now.

You should listen to the other side instead of only voicing your own concerns.

9 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Reread your post -- are you trying to say you think I am the OP, or that I'm overstepping my assumptions as to what child avatars experience?

I'm not accusing you of anything, merely observing that you are derailing the OP's intentions in order to grandstand about child avatars rights.  Child avatars don't have rights.  The adults behind the child avatars do but their rights do not go beyond anyone else's.  They can't force others to RP with them any more than anyone else can.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, EliseAnne85 said:

Some things were mentioned in this thread about "pedo stuff", "FBI"...I don't know anything about that and have only heard this just recently here on the forums

There was a kind of pedo-hysteria and I can understand how LL needed to crack down on this as it had legal ramifications for them.

Unfortunately the innocent residents who value playing as child avatars got trapped in the cross-fire, and the whole fiasco has not abated completely. I'm hoping with time some of this prejudice against child avatars will fade.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:
21 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Reread your post -- are you trying to say you think I am the OP, or that I'm overstepping my assumptions as to what child avatars experience?

I'm not accusing you of anything, merely observing that you are derailing the OP's intentions in order to grandstand about child avatars rights.  Child avatars don't have rights.  The adults behind the child avatars do but their rights do not go beyond anyone else's.  They can't force others to RP with them any more than anyone else can.

You seem to be thinking I'm meaning stuff I'm not.

I'm championing the right of anybody in SL to be whatever they want to be, as long as its legal. That includes every facet of existence and kink we can imagine.

Child avatars don't have more rights, nor am I saying anyone should be forced to roleplay with them.

I'm saying they are being discriminated against more than many other avatars -- I'm bringing this to people's attention -- and that it would be good if we showed some kindness due to this injustice.  That's all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Possibly it's time to ask the mods to retitle this "The Child Avatar Advocacy Thread"?

It would never have been needed had you not butted into the thread in response to Elise, only taking into account your concerns on the matter and so distorting issues.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Possibly it's time to ask the mods to retitle this "The Child Avatar Advocacy Thread"?

The thing is Scylla, that's a tiny not a child avatar.  When certain sims say they are tiny-friendly, they are talking about the cartoon style avatars that are talking animals that wear clothes.  There is absolutely nothing sexual about tinies, nor Raglan Shire which is simply and mostly cute and/or leans to the absurd.  The absurd is fun not kink.  

It's a shame the person never found Raglan Shire plus all the other groups associated with the tinies (again, not human child avatars)...but animals which are tiny.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EliseAnne85 said:

The thing is Scylla, that's a tiny not a child avatar.  When certain sims say they are tiny-friendly, they are talking about the cartoon style avatars that are talking animals that wear clothes.  There is absolutely nothing sexual about tinies, nor Raglan Shire which is simply and mostly cute and/or leans to the absurd.  The absurd is fun not kink.  

It's a shame the person never found Raglan Shire plus all the other groups associated with the tinies (again, not human child avatars)...but animals which are tiny.

I'm actually referencing the turn that this thread has taken, rather than the OP.

29 minutes ago, EliseAnne85 said:

And, that is NOT a child avatar.  That is what is known as a tiny; a tiny is small animal/human type of avatar; animals that talk and wear clothes like in many cartoons.

The image I posted is from a children's movie, it's not an SL avatar. The character is a toddler who still uses a pacifier, that's the context for their choice of naming their account. We don't know what their avatar looks like, but I'm like 97% sure it's a child avatar of some sort. They could be a tiny, but now we're stretching.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ahah! Either I detect sarcasm, or maybe..just maybe..mayyyyybeeee you agree just the tiniest bit that the thread is just a leeeetle bit..off topic?

I mean, I'm not trying to get you to "agree" with me or anything. Just trying to find what people used to call a "common ground"! 

It (the thread) has just gone way past the point of ridiculous to, I don't know, maybe "bonkers"?

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

My personal sense is that this thread has now likely been derailed beyond all hope of redemption, and is now relying largely upon personal abuse to keep it going.

Which, yeah . . . no. I have better things to do.

Ahah!!! J'accuse! (So to speak, I mean, and all that rot.)

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/j'accuse

The game is afoot! 

Personally, I tried to exit this thread train days ago, but after the derail and subsequent wreck, all exits were blocked.

Then, it got even worse. People posted about "abuse". People posted about "capture". Many many posts about BDSM.  None of which were relevant to the topic, at all.

Maybe we can hope that more people request the thread to be closed.

23 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Child avatars don't have more rights, nor am I saying anyone should be forced to roleplay with them.

I think human child avatars and tinies are two completely different scenes.  The tiny scene happens to be booming right now where there are tinies who are Dj's and some who are live performers or are presenting their art in personal art show gatherings.  And, there is a cross over with tinies and humans on many sims.  If this is what the FBI was called in about - this word "tiny-friendly" it means animals that wear clothes and talk.  Oh my God, what a misunderstanding. 

Again, if a sim says it's tiny-friendly, it is not talking about human child avatars...but what is shown in the link I will post below.  Tinies are animals that act human, like a cartoon character.  Many sims allow tinies but they are not human child avatars.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dinkie+boutique&hl=en&tbm=isch&sxsrf=ALiCzsZM7UqwH3AN5dY5m6yhEmzLKcCkiw%3A1661373090682&source=hp&biw=1120&bih=626&ei=oooGY-nhIvGqqtsPrc2YkAc&iflsig=AJiK0e8AAAAAYwaYss4Mk5vs23U6ZH8h0CGT5Z_Vsrwj&ved=0ahUKEwjpupyHqeD5AhVxlWoFHa0mBnIQ4dUDCAc&uact=5&oq=dinkie+boutique&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQAzoECCMQJzoFCAAQgAQ6CAgAEIAEELEDUABY-BpgyB9oAHAAeACAAcMGiAHgJZIBCTMtNi4xLjEuMpgBAKABAaoBC2d3cy13aXotaW1n&sclient=img

Edited by EliseAnne85

21 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

The image I posted is from a children's movie, it's not an SL avatar. The character is a toddler who still uses a pacifier, that's the context for their choice of naming their account. We don't know what their avatar looks like, but I'm like 97% sure it's a child avatar of some sort. They could be a tiny, but now we're stretching.

Okay, now I'm confused.  I didn't think that was an avatar in SL but by the user's name it said TINY to me the way you presented your post I responded to.

And, I believe the wording "tiny-friendly" in the directory freaks people out but, it's unfortunately, a complete misunderstanding of the whole tiny scene in which tinies have been around in SL since it's inception, I've heard but am not an expert.   And, also the tiny scene is simply fun and many tinies and humans are friends.  Good friends.  Many started as builders together.  

Edited by EliseAnne85

43 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

Are you at all surprised, though?  Is anyone?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

This doesn't change what I believe to be the crux of the matter though -- people need to have a good reason to exclude others.

Do not. I again reference my rule, because it's the perfect example- not only entirely allowed but doesn't have a particularly good reason for it other than to troll feminists a little. @Scylla Rhiadra knows what I'm talking about.

42 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Sorry, but I believe a lot of people's stuff (their own considerations/bias) is being projected without looking at the 'other side' or taking it much into consideration. And projection is a type of delusion.

That's sort of the point. In this particular case, considering "the other side" doesn't matter. Virtually every parcel in Second Life is personally owned, and very expensive to maintain. The person paying, their only consideration is, and should be, "Am I getting what I'm paying for?"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:
47 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

Are you at all surprised, though?  Is anyone?

One explanation is, a disassociation that prevents people from understanding "this is not real".

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

In this particular case, considering "the other side" doesn't matter. Virtually every parcel in Second Life is personally owned, and very expensive to maintain. The person paying, their only consideration is, and should be, "Am I getting what I'm paying for?"

Oh I'm not condemning any parcel owner who feels child avatars should not belong due to a mismatch with their goals. They indeed have that right and at times this is very necessary.

I'd just like to see everyone be more inclusive....when they can.

It's gotten kind of bad for child avatars due to all the hysteria from times past, and I don't like to see them be labeled as sexual deviants or excluded more than is necessary.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:
2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

This doesn't change what I believe to be the crux of the matter though -- people need to have a good reason to exclude others.

Do not. I again reference my rule, because it's the perfect example- not only entirely allowed but doesn't have a particularly good reason for it other than to troll feminists a little.

Well I differ from you here. I like to include others as much as possible. I think of us as a community and I don't like anybody to be left out due to hating them or accusing them of being a sexual deviant, even if we're just having fun in a game and roleplaying.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NevaehHeartstrings said:

I prefer to discriminant against others, its one of my favorite pastimes. 

Trying to find someone to discriminate against. Lookin' at my cats.  Yeah, picked up one of them while I laughed like crazy at the one with big eyes peering up at me, looking all sad and left out.

Oh the power!  lol   😉

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.