Big neck.

xxxplatinumxxx Belgar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!

So, here I come again with some neck problems. Not the line this time, albeit it is a bit visible. Now I've been noticing that the neck looks a bit big for the body but only in the front (Pictures below) while also twisting weirdly in some sitting or poses, either AO, leaning his head to the side, etc.

I've tried editing the appearance so the neck gets smaller but nothing, it will always have a bump on the sides while looking small from behind.

Here's how it looks in the front (and doesn't look like it blends naturally with the body, actually look like a doll with the head of another toy in it.

unknown.png

Here is how he looks in some sitting poses or any pose that makes him bend the neck a little.

unknown.png

Thanks in advance!

Edited by xxxplatinumxxx Belgar
  • Like 1

To begin, you should say what body and head you are wearing in order for someone to help you better in this situation, I saw on your post history that you're using the Belleza Body and a Lelutka Head, is this still the case?

Also, have you tried to contact the costumer support team from Lelutka and Belleza to help you on this problem?

Edited by IGarrett
  • Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 7:40 PM, IGarrett said:

To begin, you should say what body and head you are wearing in order for someone to help you better in this situation, I saw on your post history that you're using the Belleza Body and a Lelutka Head, is this still the case?

Also, have you tried to contact the costumer support team from Lelutka and Belleza to help you on this problem?

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, I messaged them but have not received an answer. Also yes, the body is Belleza Jake V3 and Lelutka Evox Devon.

I've never tried to message the owner of Lelutka, so I don't know how responsive they are. The owner of Belleza is sometimes slow to respond, but they do respond eventually if it's something they can fix. 

I have Belleza Jake and Lelutka Logan for my guy alt. I don't see this neck problem on him. I think I read in another thread somewhere that one needs to have the neck size be not too small or too big, so maybe 40 to 50 for neck width?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I think I read in another thread somewhere that one needs to have the neck size be not too small or too big, so maybe 40 to 50 for neck width?

This is what the issue is in my experience using Lelutka heads and Belleza Jake.

If it's not middle-ranged on the slider the neck bulges. Some angles are worse than others, but it's a real pain.

I crank the muscle and thickness sliders down for most of my shapes so it's a recurring issue I run into that I've yet to find a solution to.

So, the choices are either:

1. Weirdly thick neck

2. Weird bulging in posing sometimes

Pretty hard bargain all around, but I chose the latter. There's a reason my favorite outfit for one of my avatars has a high collar and scarf.

Edited by cariboustag
  • Sad 1

I use Lel heads with a Jake body sometimes for my male avs, and I don't have this issue. Be sure you have the neck sheath disabled in the hud under the shape tab at top. Also, in your Lelutka head hud, try disabling Head Movement under the animation options.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/25/2022 at 3:05 PM, xxxplatinumxxx Belgar said:

Hello!

So, here I come again with some neck problems. Not the line this time, albeit it is a bit visible. Now I've been noticing that the neck looks a bit big for the body but only in the front (Pictures below) while also twisting weirdly in some sitting or poses, either AO, leaning his head to the side, etc.

I've tried editing the appearance so the neck gets smaller but nothing, it will always have a bump on the sides while looking small from behind.

Here's how it looks in the front (and doesn't look like it blends naturally with the body, actually look like a doll with the head of another toy in it.

unknown.png

Here is how he looks in some sitting poses or any pose that makes him bend the neck a little.

unknown.png

Thanks in advance!

I have the same problem as discussed in this old thread from a year ago.  Belleza's CSR told me that the narrower the shoulders, the more pronounced the neck bumps. Try adjusting the sliders for a balance between neck and shoulders.

As for the second picture,  it might be down to how the creator made the pose. Not much fixing that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not entirely helpful, but refreshingly on-topic, this reminds me... I need to make a good-looking BOM-enabled mesh goiter for people who want to play iodine-deprived hilldwelling caucasoids in a totally non-racist way. Thank you for reminding me, I need to get one on the MP before all of the big brands can beat me to it~!

On 8/2/2022 at 2:47 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

I've seen people of multiple nationalities and ethnicities with goiters in RL, FYI.

Well, I wouldn't go assuming anything about their family history just cos they have a goiter, dwell in the hills like decadent remnants and dregs of fallen and inbred families of uneducated wretches, worship eldritch and abominable monstrosities from beyond the stars, wear straw hats with corncob pipes stuck in them as if it's somehow fashionable, are fluent in Latin and Greek, and read books made out of the skin of unbaptised criminals allowed to ripen on the gallows until the stars are right, so maybe you shouldn't either. Let's not make this political.

I was only saying that I didn't want anyone to think I was picking on them for being privileged.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

Well, I wouldn't go assuming anything about their family history just cos they have a goiter, dwell in the hills like decadent remnants and dregs of fallen and inbred families of uneducated wretches, worship eldritch and abominable monstrosities from beyond the stars, wear straw hats with corncob pipes stuck in them as if it's somehow fashionable, are fluent in Latin and Greek, and read books made out of the skin of unbaptised criminals allowed to ripen on the gallows until the stars are right, so maybe you shouldn't either. Let's not make this political.

I was only saying that I didn't want anyone to think I was picking on them for being privileged.

Um..ok?

I took your post as, "only backwards hillbilly inbred people have goiters!"

But then again, I'm comprehension-challenged, as I remind people quite often.

You do you!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.