Where is the best place to buy mainland?

Aria Aurelia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 655 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Best? I think that's a personal preference. I always looks for well-landscaped neighbours who don't look like they'll up and leave due to the investment in time/effort it takes to landscape well, plus a sim with no popular clubs. The land my look quiet, but if someone's running an AFK place or popular club on a platform above you on the same sim you might get lag issues.

10 hours ago, Aria Aurelia said:

Friend and I are going to pool these 1024's and buy some mainland because quite frankly I'm going to make sure lindens dont gain any money from this premium plus thing.

I went the pool route and it is handy if you can get yourself a good property, we have an amazing one...however that is me and my partner and alts, pooling with friends means you do not gain anything other than your 1024, anything you rez counts, no free build and landscape not counting against prim allowance. It is another choice, it is just not the wisest of choices and the lindens already have your money :) because you would not have 1024 without having paid them, you still log in, you still buy items from other creators, this all goes to LL in some form or another. You also left out the word 'me' when you said from this premium thing, because you could not have meant you were going to stop all residents from doing what works for them.

I forgot to add we got our property on one of the Zindra regions because it was cleaned up and is very quiet if you can get the right spot.

Edited by Sasy Scarborough
  • Like 2

I've pooled up with a friend before and it works fine until one or the other of us gets bored and wants to move on, then the other one has a choice of either paying the extra $7 a month tier, or abandoning.  In the end we both decided it was better if we kept to our own allowances and we now each have a Linden Home. But hey, maybe we'll change our minds again one day and go back to mainland? 

Making an alt premium as well, and pooling up that way, is definitely a better way. 

As for the best places to buy, that's impossible to say because mainland changes almost daily. best thing to do is look for the yellow parcels on the map and teleport in there to take a look. Bear in mind that what looks nice today may be an eyesore tomorrow (and vice versa), if your neighbours change.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 6:41 AM, belindacarson said:

Buy abandoned land direct from LL for 1l$ a metre instead of paying stupidity prices

Second that emotion. Or even better, see if you can buy land at auction for even less. This makes sense if you are a skyboxer or don't care about what surrounds you at ground level.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Come to Northern Heterocera, lots of public roads, mountains, and great builds.   I have property on Campion, Spinach, Highflyer, and Campanula sims.  Sanasara around the Sea of Fables has some nice property available, I have land there on Lakeville and Drawbridge sims.

• Like 3

On 6/26/2022 at 1:33 PM, Aria Aurelia said:

Friend and I are going to pool these 1024's and buy some mainland because quite frankly I'm going to make sure lindens dont gain any money from this premium plus thing.

I'm a bit confused about this statement. I myself went P+ and upgraded a tier level additionally because in the long run, I can actually save money while being able to hold more land on the Mainland to offer public spaces. If LL makes money off of my P+ upgrade while I can enjoy bringing some more nice spaces to the grid, I'll happily let them.

As to the question where the best place to buy Mainland is: I'd say, it really depends on your personal interests. In my case, I would always look for spots that have an access to public road and/or water, and/or where it is close to an active stable community so I could somehow connect with them for the bigger goal. I found on all Mainland continents thriving and thrilling communities and places. If I could, I'd be everywhere :D

• Like 2

I agree with @Mar ScarmonHeterocera is severely underrated and one of my favorite places to live personally, so peaceful and *big* lots to explore (fly, drive or sail). You can also find some pretty great values on land. That said, if you are seeking the cheapest option for waterfront, that would be Sansara... seems it has been selling at a significant discount for the last year (although I'll never understand why). 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Alexis Crisp said:

if you are seeking the cheapest option for waterfront, that would be Sansara... seems it has been selling at a significant discount for the last year (although I'll never understand why).

continents.PNG.b25f80e39240173a9e306a0ce9417681.PNG

This map shows the three areas of connected protected water. The blue and green areas are expected to be joined soon at Stromberg. Sansara is in the yellow area and has but one major sailing area, the Sea of Fables. Also the southern waters are at a higher elevation and isolated. Much of the remaining sailing is in channels or smaller region groups.

One could speculate that the discount in Sansara waterfront is due to this isolation.

A remedy is to connect the blue and yellow areas via a waterway up the eastern side of Sansara, from Bellisseria to the East River.

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Right now I think these roadside parcels along the new road in Aguilleries (Satori) that are set for auction are going to be the hottest mainland parcels.

6 are 1024 m lots.   5 are 2048 m lots.   One is a 2560 m lot. 

All have more abandoned land behind them that could be requested with a support ticket. This is especially useful if you buy your land for a group to get the 10% bonus.

These are going to be highly prized parcels, near a protected linden beach with a rez zone, a water route to the Blake Sea, and likely a water passage connection to Bellisseria in the near future. 

* Oh darn, they're rated General though, so probably better for shops than for a home. I wonder if LL could change the region ratings to Moderate?

1735085572_Aruilleriersparcelssetforauction-July102022_001.thumb.jpg.faa96a0a8910ee6b2436d6c014e7cbbf.jpg

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

One could speculate that the discount in Sansara waterfront is due to this isolation.

A remedy is to connect the blue and yellow areas via a waterway up the eastern side of Sansara, from Bellisseria to the East River.

Very good point @diamond Marchantand unfortunate, I think even without a connection, Sansara is a very important piece of our collective SL history, always surprises me that there's no premium (i.e., higher land values) associated. Love the idea of making a better connection to Sansara... fingers crossed.

Edited by Alexis Crisp
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 655 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.