Need help with avatar messing up whenever I switch.

Charles Blakewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a human av and a furry avatar, whenever Im switching between both my avatars body gets really deformed and It shows my furry skin being worn on top of my human skin almost like clothing, I can't figure out how to get it to look normal and how do I get it to stop doing this every time? 

EDIT:: I fixed it by re-applying the baked skin applier omega thingy... why do I have to do this every time I switch between avatars? is there a way to fix it?

Edited by FloofyFoxChaz

You can reset skeleton and animation, which makes it look good for you, but a lot of times SL does not immediately update this for the people around you. When I switch between anthro or feral avatars and human bodies I usually do the reset so I look right to me and then slap the home button followed by back to return where I was and let the act of leaving and reentering a sim force the refresh on others so I don't look like I just fell out of Beetlejuice.

I've often found if I do a lot of animation changes, such as a series of dance moves or working through lists of anims finding preferred ones, my Maitreya body can become deformed.

By deformed I mean that I've developed a tilt at the waist of about 20° and my shoulders have expanded outwards by around 20%. All the 'Health' options within Firestorm won't fix this. I have to relog and it's fixed.

Sadly I just consider it part of SL life. Just relog and get on with it again.

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Wait, you can switch avatars? Based on recent posts, I thought you had to create an alt for each one.

I think that is not what he meant. He has a furry and a human that he changes between on the same account.

Like me, I have a COCO doll and several human bodies in my inventory. The COCO doll shape twist the SL skeleton so I look weird after using it, when I change back.

The tip about taking a copy of every furry part and put it in a separate folder is very good. Then he can can click on that folder and "replace" instead of "add".

I hope I understood it right. It is confusing that he say "re-applying the baked skin applier omega thingy". It is two totally different skin systems - Baked skin versus Omega applier.

Maybe you can clear up it for us? Do you have a baked skin or Omega, or both, one system for the furry and one for the human? And what body/human and body/furry are you using? @FloofyFoxChaz

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/9/2022 at 4:07 AM, FloofyFoxChaz said:

EDIT:: I fixed it by re-applying the baked skin applier omega thingy... why do I have to do this every time I switch between avatars? is there a way to fix it?

The way to fix this is to make a second copy of your body which you use exclusively for your Furry av. Keep two Outfits saved; one with the furry body and everythig else you need for the furry avatar, and one for the human. Then when you want to change from one to the other, just swap Outfits.

If you switch BOTH avatars to Bakes on Mesh instead of appliers, you won't need a second copy of your body, but Outfits is still the best way to change form one to the other.

Another thing you didn't mention but might help others - the newer Furry bento heads cause head distortion when returning to human. 

K22_001.thumb.jpg.6c1409a7831d21b2c2255a6520e0a64c.jpg

This has to be fixed by using Undeform (or reset skeleton) from the Avatar Health menu.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've had that happen when switching from dinkie to human. There's a moment when the cat BOM skin hangs around on the human body, which looks weird but rebakes quickly, but then even after I'm otherwise 100% human, my eyes stay like Karl there. I fix it by relogging, which has never failed to make it go away.

17 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I think that is not what he meant. He has a furry and a human that he changes between on the same account.

Like me, I have a COCO doll and several human bodies in my inventory. The COCO doll shape twist the SL skeleton so I look weird after using it, when I change back.

The tip about taking a copy of every furry part and put it in a separate folder is very good. Then he can can click on that folder and "replace" instead of "add".

I hope I understood it right. It is confusing that he say "re-applying the baked skin applier omega thingy". It is two totally different skin systems - Baked skin versus Omega applier.

Maybe you can clear up it for us? Do you have a baked skin or Omega, or both, one system for the furry and one for the human? And what body/human and body/furry are you using? @FloofyFoxChaz

Sorry I'm a bit confused myself. So, when I switch form human to furry I have to click the omega applier thingy every time to fix the deformity, When I go from furry to human I don't. I'm trying to figure out how to get it to auto fix itself without having to click the omega applier each time. 

14 hours ago, BookishMelinoe said:

I've had that happen when switching from dinkie to human. There's a moment when the cat BOM skin hangs around on the human body, which looks weird but rebakes quickly, but then even after I'm otherwise 100% human, my eyes stay like Karl there. I fix it by relogging, which has never failed to make it go away.

Relogging will undeform you too but you don;t need to rlog, just click Undeform.

4 hours ago, FloofyFoxChaz said:

Sorry I'm a bit confused myself. So, when I switch form human to furry I have to click the omega applier thingy every time to fix the deformity, When I go from furry to human I don't. I'm trying to figure out how to get it to auto fix itself without having to click the omega applier each time. 

The way to fix it is to make a copy of your body. Go into your inventory and find the body in the listing, right click it and select copy. Make a sub-folder and call it "Furry body" and paste it in there. Wear the new copy only when you are furry, and the original only when you are human. You will never need to touch the applier again.

Appliers are NOTHING to do with the distortion I illustrated above. Appliers do only the skin. The distortion is the skeleton.

Edited by Karl Herber
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, FloofyFoxChaz said:

Karl gives the "workable" solution above. I will emphasize the solution is mostly making copies of the body and using one copy for for each skin Applier. This results in only using the applier ONCE to put the skin on the initial body copy then using that copy in all future outfits with that basic look.

I use starter bodies for all my outfits. I have nude copies of the bodies I save as outfits, so !!Nude 2021-11 Slink Org Jen Head. I include my favorite necklace, bracelet, rings, etc. I change the accessories now and then. To start a new outfit I pick a starting Nude outfit and replace whatever I am wearing. Then start I dressing.

This is much easier than changing a single body for every look I want. My fantasy bodies with blue or other colors of skin and various fluorescent tats are on stand by. Using a single body would mean that when I change to a blue skin all my outfits using that single body would change to blue skin. NOT what I want. I want to avoid having a current change affect previously made outfits.

Also, by using multiple copies of a body, updates are easier. Consider that I have a tan human body and a blue fantasy body both made from copies of my Slink Original body. When Slink updates, which they have a few times (for free), I get the new body and make a copy for the blue body. I dig out the skin applier and set up the new blue body to look like the previous blue then use the Viewer Inventory feature to replace all the previous version blue bodies with the new one. Then the same for tan body.

Now that Applier bodies are mostly a thing of the past and skins are now mostly tats or system skins I do not need to make so many copies of the body. I can do the tan to blue change more easily as part of the outfit using system skin. Appliers just don't work well with outfits, unless you make copies.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 2:23 PM, Nalates Urriah said:

Now that Applier bodies are mostly a thing of the past and skins are now mostly tats or system skins I do not need to make so many copies of the body. I can do the tan to blue change more easily as part of the outfit using system skin. Appliers just don't work well with outfits, unless you make copies.

I still use multiple copies of my bodies even now I'm using BOM for all of them. Because the furry ones need specific alpha cuts for the legs, and also they always have black fingernails, so it saves me messing with the alpha hud and nail appliers. I do the same as you and keep nude outfits, so when a body gets updated, I have only a couple of outfits to correct. Firestorm's Auto-Replace Links feature is incredibly useful for this.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.