SkyStunner Bunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

15 answers to this question

Yup, that's a HUD all right. It's probably not a real, scripted HUD, though.  Just a simple textured prim that you somehow attached to one of your HUD attachment points. I see what you mean by a "sky add on".  It does look sort of like the image that you might put on a parcel surround, probably for using in a skybox.   

If you really can't find it in the Worn tab of your inventory, try this ....   Go to a nice private place and right click on yourself.  From the menu that appears, select Take Off and then Detach All.  (The specific words may be different, depending on which viewer you are using, but they all have those options.)  You should become stark naked and the HUD should have disappeared.  Then get dressed again.

• Thanks 1

Ctrl-Alt-H can be pressed to hide all HUD attachments. If the thing on your screen is a HUD, this will hide it. Press again to reveal your HUDs.

If it doesn't get hidden, it's something else. Based on everything that's been shown/said so far, I don't think it's anything attached to the HUD. I just don't know what it is yet.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1

I have no idea what a sky add on is, but if you have something that's covering the screen in your viewer, so that it's there no matter which way you turn, it's a HUD.  You should be able to open your Inventory's WORN tab and identify the thing. Just detach it. (Double click it in that list, or right click and select Detach.)

Do you have your outfit saved, and a good outfit to go back to?

Basic info nobody tells you: Under the T-shirt menu, there's a "Save As" button. When you get a look you like, click "Save As" and give that look a name. You can then go back to that look, which includes your avatar, clothes, and accessories, by clicking on the "Wear" button in the T-shirt menu. It's useful to have at least one good outfit saved, because you can then easily recover from wardrobe malfunctions like this.

This looks like you're wearing something you didn't intend to wear. You can attach just about anything, including non-clothes items, to your avatar, and may have somehow attached something you didn't intend. It will be in your "Wearing" list.

Firestorm Help Island is a good place to get help with these kinds of problems. They happen all the time. The two main questions at new user help points are "What do I do now?", and "How do I fix this %$&%^ clothing problem?".

28 minutes ago, SkyStunner Bunny said:

@animats I do have many saved fits - from before this started too and it doesnt go away when I put them on :((((((((

Use region environmental settings.  It almost looks like an EEP setting that you Apply to self only.  Using region settings might take that one off.

Or pick any other EEP from your settings folder and Apply to Self

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Thanks 1

@Rowan Amore I use firestorm - do you mean using the "shared environment?" It still stays. I found the store but I searched in my inventory & the only thing I have from there is a saturn bag I bought at the same time this happened. The sky thing is from ~LuLuB! (I think this is it because this was in the sale last weekend). I am going to message them as well but all I did was click Demo and it hasnt gone away. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SkyStunner Bunny said:

@Rowan Amore I use firestorm - do you mean using the "shared environment?" It still stays. I found the store but I searched in my inventory & the only thing I have from there is a saturn bag I bought at the same time this happened. The sky thing is from ~LuLuB! (I think this is it because this was in the sale last weekend). I am going to message them as well but all I did was click Demo and it hasnt gone away. 

I only EEP because Disfuntionality had a day cycle EEP in a sale that looked a lot like that.

https://sl.dysfunctional.space/?p=965

• Like 1

Bunny, I visited their store. It does seem that they could do a better job of presenting their products...the Demo options were not even live, and I wasn't willing to buy one just to investigate further.

It does appear to be an object that you can put in front of a window, or elsewhere on your land, and control its appearance with a HUD. Since you're wearing it, and it's an object, it pretty much HAS to be somewhere among your attachments, and should show up in the Worn tab of your inventory.

Please go over that section very carefully. You should find it there and be able to detach it.

Besides the Worn tab, another way to see the things you have on is to right click yourself and choose Edit Outfit. There will be 3 tabs, for clothing layers, attachments, and body parts. Be sure to look in all 3 tabs for it, although Attachments is the most likely.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Ctrl-Alt-H can be pressed to hide all HUD attachments. If the thing on your screen is a HUD, this will hide it. Press again to reveal your HUDs.

If it doesn't get hidden, it's something else, and based on everything that's been shown/said so far, I don't think it's anything attached to the HUD. I just don't know what it is yet.

I like this idea! I didn't know about "hide HUDs", so possibly would have tried the "resize" function that helps you find and move/resize HUDs that are slightly off-screen. I bet this is it, the image take up her entire HUD space.

On 6/1/2022 at 12:51 AM, Rowan Amore said:

Use region environmental settings.  It almost looks like an EEP setting that you Apply to self only.  Using region settings might take that one off.

Or pick any other EEP from your settings folder and Apply to Self

Good job!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.