Clothing etc for REBIRTH body - what are my options?

GoldenSlumber

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello! I bought the REBIRTH body/head because I think they are beautiful and super flexible for what I want, but i seem to struggle with clothing options. It's likely just me because I'm new and still learning how this whole thing works. Does anyone have recommendations for clothing for the REBIRTH body, stores, or at least what type of clothing and accessories I should be looking for? Thank you for your help!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, GoldenSlumber said:

Hello! I bought the REBIRTH body/head because I think they are beautiful and super flexible for what I want, but i seem to struggle with clothing options. It's likely just me because I'm new and still learning how this whole thing works. Does anyone have recommendations for clothing for the REBIRTH body, stores, or at least what type of clothing and accessories I should be looking for? Thank you for your help!

I honestly don't see a whole lot offered for that body when I'm at shopping events.  Someone might have more info for you but meanwhile, you could check their Flickr group.  Some photos might have credits for clothing worn.

REBIRTH SL

There is almost no clothing for Rebirth, except what they sell themselves in their own mainstore. If this is not sufficient you will need another body. Keep Rebirth for when you're able to be naked.

• If you like slim, smaller hips & breasts:  Get Maitreya or Legacy.
  • If you like hourglass shape (big hips/breasts, small waist): Get Kupra 
  • If you like naturally curvy (thicker waist); Get Belleza Freya 

These are the only bodies that are well-supported for clothes.

• Like 4

In general all the non-top bodies have difficulties when it comes to finding clothes. One thing you can do is look for all in one complete outfits with sleeves (not too long a sleeves  often have a "hand" rigging issue). If you like those sleeves that droop longer than hands (I really don't) you are in luck.  Winter clothing is typically easier than summer. 

Zenith has outfits in that vein and there are a good number of role play all in one top and pants or dresses.   S@BBiA  makes "fitmesh" that typically fits all avatars with some garments being more lose fitting than others. 

If the body is BOM then you can use any texture garments especially pants and lingerie.  

It IS a challenge when you get a body beyond the top five.  But it is a thrill when you find something that works.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lewis Luminos said:

There is almost no clothing for Rebirth, except what they sell themselves in their own mainstore. If this is not sufficient you will need another body. Keep Rebirth for when you're able to be naked.

• If you like slim, smaller hips & breasts:  Get Maitreya or Legacy.
  • If you like hourglass shape (big hips/breasts, small waist): Get Kupra 
  • If you like naturally curvy (thicker waist); Get Belleza Freya 

These are the only bodies that are well-supported for clothes.

Freya is nearly phased out by now as far as new event releases go. Some here and there, but I'd say not even 5% if you're looking for something more unique than 100th pair of jeans and tank top.

It's Maitreya, Legacy and Reborn. Kupra lost tons of support too after Reborn got as popular as it is now as it mostly fills the same niche, while being closer to "normal"/freya look if tone down the shape and use included "smaller butt" deformer.

I'm not saying I've made a mistake because Rebirth has an amazing product. Their bodies are really top notch and they are innovating new features, however, they do need to build out a network of clothing builders to support their bodies. For now I'm mixing and matching and i'm doing ok - but forget having a long, successful shopping weekend. I REALLY appreciate everyone's answers!!

• Like 1

I really liked Freda for clothes for Rebirth body.  They have some cute things with a hippie vibe.  :)  Other places I found clothes were small shops at various sims like Lolland and Golden Sun Beach & Shops.  A lot of the Rebirth stores tend to be in places where there are more kid avatars around.  I switched to a Maitreya body fairly quickly after purchasing Rebirth just beacuse there wasn't enough clothing that I liked - too much kid stuff, not enough adult.  I hope this helps!

Freda Store

Freda Marketplace

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Freda, Arti and a few other makers.  Just search "rebirth" and "Eden" in marketplace under apparel category, you will find most of it.

Limited selection but not the worst, feels like Rebirth need to get their dev kit into more hands or the body will die.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.