No love from Spotify

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Makes sense. Sounds like they're targeting a younger audience.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/5/3/23054915/spotify-brings-music-themed-islands-roblox-metaverse

Spotify says it will fill out its digital space with themed mini-quests, virtual meet-and-greets, and other exclusive content, such as paid merchandise made by artists. The platform tells The Verge that the entire portion of revenue from artists’ merchandise will go to the artists directly. It also plans on collaborating with artists β€œto create more opportunities like this in the months ahead.” Spotify is kicking off its Roblox launch with its first music-themed island, K-Park, which is supposed to celebrate all things K-pop and will feature interactive experiences with K-pop artists Sunmi and Stray Kids.

• Like 2

Β  Β .. As if half the DJs on the grid don't rip their music from Spotify - I'd call that plenty of love!

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Myntz Mysterious said:

Yeah, not to mention the number of concurrent users on Roblox out weighs those in Second Life...Β πŸ˜‘

True, but I really find it difficult to compare the two platforms. It's just nothing at all like what we've got here. It's very game-focused. Building them and playing them.

Β so spotify has an island paying roblox to have spotify island or roblox gave spotify the island? confusion and to make sure last video is non propaganda heres another. Come to event to get special merch for . Limited time?

Β 

• Sad 1

Never seen roblox, never used spotify.
You can quite clearly see how badly LL has neglected us all this time.Β πŸ˜’
I too want to be able to colour the air bubbles being constantly emitted from my posterior.
SHAME on you LL! 😭

• Haha 1

if i had to pick 3rd life be ylands for me, but roblox has some very advanced games an auto car one I found made gta 5 look noob. custom worlds. Im not fan of the build setup. Im happy children have a place to hang out w roblox, hard imagining babysitting few million brats.Β 

Edited by Paulsian

Just following Fortnite's lead.

https://techcrunch.com/2022/05/03/spotify-becomes-first-music-streamer-to-launch-on-roblox/

Fortnite helped kick off the trend with its in-game Travis Scott concert in 2020, followed by its Ariana Grande concert last year, and its more recent collection of Coachella-themed items and music aimed to celebrate the festival on its platform. Roblox, meanwhile, also held its first virtual concert in 2020 when it hosted Lil Nas X in an online event space custom-designed with multiple stages inspired by the artist’s music. And last year, Roblox solidified its intentions to bring more artists into its online gaming worlds with the announcement of a partnership with Sony Music, aimed at helping artists reach fans within Roblox and make money.

Likely for the potential merch sales. They picked a few K-Pop artists to start with that have pretty big fanbases.

Doesn't Roblox partner with brands and stuff already? I saw something about Forever 21 being in there as a virtual city with F21 stores you can run.

Β 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.