Oh hell yes! -- Pet Delights!

Having enough virgin snow fall on the garden to write rude words in (I needed to de-stress), but for the rain to come along and wash the snow - and the rude words - away before nightfall.

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/4/2024 at 8:37 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

Pet Delight: I tested 5 synthesizers tonight with the new setup, through the mixer. Hopefully this week I'll work on controlling more than 1 at a time using different zones on the keyboards and MIDI remapping.

IMG_2666.jpeg

Pet delight: Now I've got 7 synthesizers in the rack, ready to route MIDI and test with different keyboard "zones" and pedals!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Someone actually sort of offended me today, and it sucked, because it's been so long and I've been so hard to offend lately.

On the delight side, they actually went out of their way to make things right, and I think that's neato. So yeah.

• Like 5

Delight of the Dawn: Sun is coming up, I can make an excuse to log off, finally.

How did I do any of this without any coffee?

At least I can't derail this one...

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Finally, finally, finally, having passed all the PvC dojos of various regions of a hanafuda card game phone app I carelessly downloaded "for random having to wait around"s, unlocked a kawaii cat profile icon, and being able to do PvP now.

Not that there's any more interaction with the P than the C, or I'd have a way of knowing if it's actually a P (they might just fake some bots actually thinking for a sec, unlike the dojo stage C 😛), but, still, it feels a lot more fun, plus, the player names are far more interesting.

• Like 2

Pet Delight: My husband and I traded our Valentine's surprises for one another shortly after midnight since I've not been feeling well and couldn't sleep. He presented me with this beautiful carved wood music box he told me to open. Inside was a velvet bag and inside a beautiful sterling silver ring that had a cubic zirconia heart and hand in bezel setting (He said it is called a hug ring). Inside engraved on the band "I love you forever."  The sweet little music box playing our song, "I can't help falling in love with you."  (UB40 version of the song is our song.) The card was also just beautiful. Everything was beautiful and perfect. Suffice to say, I started sobbing like a big baby.

We can't afford a lot, but it is in these beautiful and perfect moments that make me feel like I have everything. I feel so very humbled and blessed. 😇🥰

Yep...sobbing again like a big baby while he asks if I'm alright....lol

Happy Love Day everyone! I hope you get to spend some of it with the people that you love.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

The power came back on but by then I didn't even care (though I'm grateful for it now).

I'd been out for a wonderful lunch with some friends, had great food and wine and then had a long sleep in the late afternoon.  Best power cut day ever.

Any day that starts with getting to eat all the ice cream is a good day. ^-^

• Haha 3

Pet delights: Other people's mistakes sometimes have a positive outcome.

I ordered a "demo" unit musical instrument that arrived missing the (mostly optional) power supply. The sales tech referred me to their "service" people, I left a message and later saw some emails..asking if I had sent back the power supply with the "returned unit". 

Since I purchased the unit as a "demo" and had not "returned" anything, the email was confusing until I figured out that it wasn't really a "demo" - someone else had returned it minus the power supply. They had emailed me by accident. (In subsequent emails, they said "yes, a 'demo' could be many things including a returned unit.")

Anyway, due to the confusion (and possibly some embarrassment on the company's part), they are sending me a brand new unit and I'll send back the "demo".  I get a new unit and save $400...because they forgot the power supply.

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Anyway, due to the confusion (and possibly some embarrassment on the company's part), they are sending me a brand new unit and I'll send back the "demo".  I get a new unit and save $400...because they forgot the power supply.

That is a major win.

Way better than free muffin mix, or peanut butter.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Pet Delight: I started working on the next "level" for my BASIC-to-LSL Parser.

This level will support UDF's and explicitly creating your own Events, as well as multiple States. (The previous level created Events for you, and all your code went into a hidden "Main()" function.)

We'll see if I can still "safely" support some of the more advanced features of the previous "level", especially Asynchronous calls. (This was implemented as "Event call-backs" to "Handlers", and/or returning to the line of code after where you make an Async call.)

The reason I started on this "now" is, I got carried away and already added a bunch of features to "Level 0" that I was going to wait on, like "FOR EACH" for Lists / JSON / LSD, Event Filters, etc.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

I found a full bottle of Baileys in my fridge I'd forgotten I'd bought last Sunday. 

Cheers! 

I played instant games on the UK's national lottery website and actually logged out £8 better off than I logged in. 

After a bear of a week with my brother repeatedly managing to block the toilet today was a blockage free day and I actually managed to find time to read the weekly local newspaper.

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 7

Pet delight: Today I got "capturing" and replaying MIDI working (saving a sequence played on the keyboard into the DAW and playing it back), and also playing pre-recorded, downloaded MIDI through my own synths, and playing Amazon Music Unlimited through an Alexa stereo input device.

This plus yesterday = a good weekend, recording / mixing accomplishment-wise!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 2