Oh hell yes! -- Pet Delights!

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

A constant pet delight for me is watching this man's videos. 

Not having the delight of raccoons where I live I really enjoy watching them. 

I feed the foxes and hedgehogs and wild birds where I live. The occasional cat - feral and domestic - come by from time to time too. They make me feel like Snow White, while humans make me feel like poo generally.

A raccoon has the intelligence of a fox, the cuteness of a hedgehog (or panda), the lack of timidity of a bear, and opposable thumbs. They only time they seem to fail at intelligence is when they have a bowl of water and cotton candy. They can't stop themselves from trying to wash it before eating it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Pet Delight: Finally started testing some scripting that I've been tinkering with for weeks for parsing expressions. 

"Errors" running it, but that's the first step! This is "good news", because it allows me to focus on what didn't work instead of more tinkering and delays.

This isn't changes to an LSL script, that would be easy. This is "interpreted Schemas", so I've built in loads of debug information and options.

• Like 1

I had a weekend of no delights, so, some delights for today.

I figured out the part that's needed for my furnace, though there's a bunch of other not so fun stuff involved. I know now and that's a delight in and of itself, no matter what peeves come with it.

One of my students had a great day and it's fabulous. All they needed was a bit more room for making mistakes and figuring things out. Today I got to hand them their first 100% paper (ever!) and the sheer delight was enough to warm the whole day. Even other kids were excited for them, because sometimes the struggles are real and people around you feel them too. Honestly, that shared delight just made the whole delight even better. I really love my job, even through the crazy. Trust me, some days crazy is a blessing, even if some weeks it's the norm, lmao. 

The knot on my head has gone down and not so obvious now, still smarts though.

I didn't blow myself up trying to fix the (gas) furnace! I mean, that's probably the best delight, right? The furnace isn't fixed and won't be for a while, but, I'm still standing and so is my house! Go me! 

• Like 8

Yesterday, I notified a merchant that one of their hunt items was not set for sale and asked her to ping me when I could come back and get it.  Merchant was offline, but I wasn't in a hurry anyway.  Got a message today when she came online, thanking me for letting her know.  She then went ahead and dropped the item on me -- saving me the 5L hunt price -- and also sent me a 500L gift card as a Thank You.  

The gift card was definitely above and beyond my expectation of 'good customer service'.  Her store is now on my list of Top Creators to check when searching for specific poses.

Definitely qualifies as a Pet Delight today.

• Like 8

Delight of the Day: Someone gave me a 24-ish-" monitor, and it's actually making a huge difference in how well my viewer works. I'm averaging 10-20 extra FPS, even on nice-looking gfx settings, and I haven't even come close to overheating once. The bottom of the laptop is barely warm.

I also have my viewer window opened up larger than usual, and my draw distance set to 256 meters instead of 96.

\o/

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 9

Another pumpkin patch trip success today! 

We had a rough start to this adventure. I nearly had to cancel the trip altogether because of some unforeseen circumstances, but managed to figure it all out in the end. The morning started off rough, I wasn't sure how the day would go, to be honest. It was cold, it was muddy, children were very unhappy grumpy guses for all sorts of reasons. It was chaotic, but we did it! Even the hardest of little grumpy hearts is magically softened the moment you step into the patch. Then chaos ensues and you have 22+ children all trying to run in a different direction, a couple of chaperone moms who were definitely not prepared for the madness, and a whistle to bring them all back to reality. Yes, a whistle (it rarely works, I'm surprised it did, lmao). 

Also, I took a leap of faith and ordered the motor for my furnace. Now I will sit with crossed fingers that it's actually what I need and will work.  The part number has changed since the fabrication of my furnace, which only further complicated everything ten-fold. The information about my specific furnace isn't even all that readily available, or complete, for that matter, because again, manufacturers change things unnecessarily. I even got the motor out myself. It required heavy use of expletives, some banged up fingers and a couple cracked tiles and a dinged wall (my bad), but it's out. 

Long story longer, hopes and dreams, it will work. I'll have spent about half of what it costs to have someone else fix it, and who knows how much more it would cost to replace the whole furnace (far more than I have, certainly). 

• Like 5

Dear Casidy, teachers like you are a blessing to every child you encounter and never doubt that they will remember you and pass those blessings on to their own children.  I am also totally in awe of you that you had the guts and determination to fix your own furnace; I cannot even imagine it!  You totally rock!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Dear Casidy, teachers like you are a blessing to every child you encounter and never doubt that they will remember you and pass those blessings on to their own children.  I am also totally in awe of you that you had the guts and determination to fix your own furnace; I cannot even imagine it!  You totally rock!!

I appreciate that, really! I truly love my job, every last second of it, especially the chaos (which we have in abundance, lmao). I am so glad that I chose to completely start over in a totally different field too, even if I'd make far more in another industry. It hasn't been easy, and it definitely won't be easy, but it's so very rewarding. Plus most of my students stay in the same school for at least a few years after I have them, so I get to see them progress and grow each year, which is just awesome. I look forward to spending many, many more years doing exactly this and loving every moment.

The furnace, well, I appreciate that too, but it's mostly out of necessity and not really desire to do it myself, lmao. If I don't fix things, they probably won't get fixed, or certainly will have to wait much longer than they should to be fixed. That's what I get for trying to be an adult, though. One day, I might just be one! The jury's still out on that though. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Warm, creamy, succulent egg yolks.

Particularly in combination with the rich, tangy, salty, decadent smokiness of sandwich caviar. 

Also sour milk.

• Like 3

Pet Delight: I figured out how to use the "Emoji Menu" to find the "tm" Emoji!

Windows Key + "." then search for "tm":

Soon™️

ETA: Only issue is, after posting it shows as "shaded a color", but before posting, it shows as "white".

soontm.png

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I was shaking my head, going yuuummmm, yuuummm

until I read the next like - then I sort of gagged.

Then I read the line after that and did gag.

🤣

It's hard to tell when people are serious or joking, when it comes to food!

I'm SURE that "fish / fish eggs with chicken eggs" is a thing some places!

It HAS to be!

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Is that like buttermilk?

Nah, it's essentially a type of very tangy yoghurt. Traditionally it was made after the milk had soured as a way to extend the expiration date .. By ignoring it and eating it anyway, lol.

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I'm SURE that "fish / fish eggs with chicken eggs" is a thing some places!

Caviar is a very common topping for eggs here, mayonnaise and fish roe on halved eggs is essential to any smörgåsbord. Sandwich caviar is a type of paste made from smoked (or sometimes unsmoked), sugar-salted cod roe, onions, spices/herbs (dill!), oil, and usually tomato paste.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Orwar said:

Caviar is a very common topping for eggs here, mayonnaise and fish roe on halved eggs is essential to any smörgåsbord. Sandwich caviar is a type of paste made from smoked (or sometimes unsmoked), sugar-salted cod roe, onions, spices/herbs (dill!), oil, and usually tomato paste.

I wish Caviar (and sushi, etc.) was still on my (now vegetarian) diet!

• Sad 1

A friend who owned a music instrument (keyboard) company, studios, etc. has offered to let me select some things from his warehouse before he puts things up for sale.  Now, I don't know if he's going to give me "a great deal", give me things outright, or..

But I'm delighted! Like knowing I won a Golden Ticket to Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory.

If I have to pay (like it's not a "gift"), I'll probably ask about some multitrack mixing / recording equipment with a Dante interface..

..or rackmount gear..

• Like 2

I have a very good, and big, delight today!

My blower motor is here! Of course it comes the day it's over 70 degrees, and not one of the days it was below 50, because, that's how life works, right? 

I am 95% sure it's the right part. I am about 75% sure I can put it in, properly, and get it to function the way it should on the first couple of tries. I spent a lot of the weekend watching and reading every single tutorial I could, some more than once. I think I know what I'm doing, but there are a couple things I'm a little unsure of and will need to fiddle with.

If I don't come back, you'll know it didn't go well.

Wish me luck!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1