Why does it matter?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Yes, I am male. My forum picture indicates that. LOL (rolls my eyes)

You are making less sense the more you post. Might want to take a breather and have lunch or dinner and come back.

I always respond to an IM unless it's a blatant come on.  I used to have a little fun with those but it got old.  If someone pays me a compliment, I'll of course thank them, nothing more.  It's on them if they wish to continue.  Sometimes, it's a lovely chat, sometimes not but that's how you meet people.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Orwar said:

So, in summary. It matters to some, it matters less or none to others, and the reasons for why it might matter differ.

People have their own reasons and perspectives.

All good, right?

Well, yes, kind of, sometimes...

Once you've approached you're saying you're the one who has the right to do so though. But when requesting something from a stranger it's not automatically right to ask because people have different standards as to how they relate to strangers. 

In other words, best to approach gingerly. And know the customs of the location you are in -- that's what social skills are all about.

4 minutes ago, JuliaFina said:

You don't have to admit what you are in rl to anyone! Well unless you want to. Rowan is also a historically male name of Irish and English origins. I am the only rl female in this thread lol. I figure males make a male avatar with a male name when they are new, get too much non-transfer stuff to make a avatar with a female name so they just go for it lol. RP a female with a male name. 

giphy.gif

Don't tell anyone! Can't pull the wool over your eyes huh? (hangs my head in shame) I can't even tell you how accurate your depiction of me is. I mean I really can't.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, JuliaFina said:

And I can post links to others that show it's unisex.  What's your point or are you just trolling now?

Anyway, you've made it clear to everyone your thought process.  Thank you for that, at least and do enjoy the rest of your time on the forums.

ETA.  Btw, from the site you linked...

Gender: Rowan is a historically masculine name, but in recent times it has become a traditionally unisex name, however it remains a more popular name for boys than girls 

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, JuliaFina said:

Welp...that ends that argument because we all know that the internet has totally accurate information. 

Runs over to WebMD to see what this rash is that I have. I am going to save so much money not having to go to the Doctor now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have friends that met in sl and have been married for 5 years now! So sometimes it's good to let the other person know what you are in rl. But yea you don't have to and most times it does not matter.

Edited by JuliaFina
  • Haha 7

Just now, JuliaFina said:

I have friends that met in sl and have been married for 5 years now! So sometimes it's good to let the other person know what you are in rl. But yea you don't have too and most times it does not matter. I can always tell what people are rl anyway as I have an IQ of 160. There's always clues most would not be aware of.

At what IQ number do people learn how to write?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, JuliaFina said:

I can always tell what people are rl anyway as I have an IQ of 160. There's always clues most would not be aware of.

Let's hear the clues. I mean someone so exceptionally gifted would like to share their secrets right? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

And I can post links to others that show it's unisex.  What's your point or are you just trolling now?

Anyway, you've made it clear to everyone your thought process.  Thank you for that, at least and do enjoy the rest of your time on the forums.

ETA.  Btw, from the site you linked...

Gender: Rowan is a historically masculine name, but in recent times it has become a traditionally unisex name, however it remains a more popular name for boys than girls 

61938.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JuliaFina said:

I can always tell what people are rl anyway as I have an IQ of 160.

Pretty sure IQ testing and numbers only exist to soothe a fragile ego .. in exchange for money of course.

The numbers just aren't working out for you.

1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Oh really? The only things I have hanging are my boobs.

I must! I must! I must increase my bust! Onwards and upwards .. wait .. no .. not like that. stupid gravity :/ 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JuliaFina said:

That was a huge clue right there. Just saying lol. What we think about says a lot about who we are.

BUT IT DOES NOT MATTER! Which is the title of this thread.

Just be nice to everyone. Live and let live. If some behavior of others bugs you, there are many ways to not see that content in this game. 

Actually ALL your posts have been one large clue who you are. Whether that is male or female in RL makes no difference.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.