What to do about a Linden home that is an eyesore?

SwagART

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I just moved into my new Linden Home, but I step out of my front door and a house around the corner from me is an absolute eyesore. I'm talking about the building being covered in square prim blocks. 

Also, not just one prim block put over the house. I mean, there must be over 100 of them at various angles, and different sizes, with some being huge.

It's hardly in keeping with the rest of the area. So, what can be done about it? This thing is absolutely awful.

Any ideas?

• Sad 3

sounds like somebody rezzed a multi-prim rezzer which on_rez automatically rezzes physical cubes as fast as it can until the parcel runs out of LI

this can happen by mistake sometimes.  Like find a box of of random stuff in a freebie store, and we start rezzing the stuff to see what is

check the owner of the rezzed prims and see if they are the same as the parcel/home owner. If you curious

in any case this being a Linden Home parcel then can Abuse Report it as being out of theme

• Like 2

If you really like the place, you can abuse report it, if not just move to another home. Or wait a couple days, if the person did that by mistake they will go away.

(Once I put a huge sphere out by mistake, it was a megaprim and the size of the region, my neighbours never knew what hit them, I took it in a sec. And I don't even want to talk about that fire prim, )

Edited by Tary Allen
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, SwagART said:

So, I just moved into my new Linden Home, but I step out of my front door and a house around the corner from me is an absolute eyesore. I'm talking about the building being covered in square prim blocks. 

Also, not just one prim block put over the house. I mean, there must be over 100 of them at various angles, and different sizes, with some being huge.

It's hardly in keeping with the rest of the area. So, what can be done about it? This thing is absolutely awful.

Any ideas?

1. Talk to the owner

2. Derender it

3. AR it

4. Toss the home and move to another neighborhood

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SwagART said:

Any ideas?

1. AR it (this should be the very first thing you do)

You shouldn't have to move or derender a property if it is violating the covenant. 

• Like 2

I'm not clear on what is the cause of this problem. Maybe the owner bought some exterior modification that isn't rezzing properly for you? Maybe the owner is being griefed by someone else using a prim rezzer on them? Maybe the owner made a mistake in how they rezzed something themself? A picture would help.

If the objects belong to the owner of the property, you can send an IM to the owner to let them know there's a problem and ask them to fix it.

Or you can just AR them and let LL sort it out.

In the meantime, you can right click on the objects to Derender them. 

If those options don't work for you, you can move to a different Linden Home.

8 hours ago, SwagART said:

Any ideas?

Is this the house in question? If so, the owner has left it open so anyone can rez, with no auto-return. The cubes do not belong to the person listed as being the parcel owner, so odds are, this is the work of a griefer (the owner of the cubes is a two-day old account, almost surely a throwaway one used to trash parcels). AR it, and I'd also suggest sending a message to the parcel owner, who may not be aware that their land settings are favorable to griefers. Perhaps hearing from a close neighbor would convince them to set auto-return on their parcel. 

P.S. I have AR'd it and sent a message to the owner as well.

Snapshot_001.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

Update: just spoke with the owner of the above parcel and explained the issue to him and how to fix it. He was very nice and had no idea this had happened, as he hadn't been to the parcel in a while. Hopefully it will be cleared up soon. 

If this isn't the parcel referred to in the original post above, I recommend the same process: talk with the owner if it appears the objects are not theirs. They may have no idea the junk is there, and will appreciate the head's up. 

• Like 5

• Moles

If anyone sees something that's obviously against the Covenant like this, please AR it.   If someone's inadvertently left open build on and griefers have discovered this, Governance need to know about it asap so they can notify LDPW and we can clean it up and stop things getting worse. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.