Making SL avatars act less dead.

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

16 hours ago, cunomar said:

Can't remember how many male AO's i have bought but i always revert to the free one because its the least fidgety toddler told to stand in the corner .

Haha so true.. I know they're trying to fill in the idle animation, but it's like most animators don't actually watch what people really do in real life, waiting for the bus, standing there or w/e (take away the cell phones for now when you visualize this).

Most people are moving, but it's not as animated as some AO's are - which yeah can get annoying so you take them off.

Fidgeting, rubbing my arm like my elbow hurts, swatting at flies, etc I think I had to abandon even the newest Default avatar walks and idle animations, man were they weird.

Default aVatars always stressed; wringing their hands, holding their stomachs or generally looking perplexed lol

image.thumb.png.c889a00b08ed6998f873b730f6a1efb4.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, cunomar said:

And theres the answer to the original question - to make them more lifelike create a random all inclusive almost non existent set of animations limited to 1mm of on screen movement . Subconscious motion .

You can buy AO sets like that, to be honest they are too subtle for normal use and don't convey sufficient emotional body language, but they are also horrible for picture taking.

• Like 1

I don't think that the problem is avatars looking or acting dead on a technical level. It's that too many people are overly interested in themselves, want to talk but not really listen, treat others as a commodity or extras and themselves as the centre of the universe, things like that.

But new tech and options are cool, even though I fear I won't have much of it personally, I get sick and headaches too easily.

• Like 2

131324462_ex1.png.1836c95fe352a14b2ba6359dacabe482.png

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I don't think I look dead at all, what with my AO and my Lelutka facial expressions. I sometimes zoom in and watch myself.

yea I stood for like an hour watching this one avatars face (not the old one above - a new mesh head)..... it was amazing the expressions. some of these heads are getting pretty advanced as far as facial expressions. before mesh I had a facial expression hud which i still use sometimes for pics or movies.

Edited by SodaGnome
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.