Drones invasion at stilt home regions

Coby Foden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Moles

Sorry about this, folks.   They didn't delete themselves as they were supposed to after they'd finished their task (checking and recording the UUIDs of all Linden Homes housecontrollers) and neither, to my horror and amazement, did they delete themselves after the region restarts.

This means we're having to check the regions individually and delete them manually, which is going to take a few days to complete since there's a lot of regions to get round.    

Please be patient while we attend to the clean-up.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

This means we're having to check the regions individually and delete them manually, which is going to take a few days to complete since there's a lot of regions to get round.   

ouch! I feel your pain

could think about making a hunter killer drone (moving/repositioning sensor)  which hunts down objects with same name and creator and returns them. Useful for removing other multiple objects also like prim building guides, etc

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mollymews said:

could think about making a hunter killer drone (moving/repositioning sensor)  which hunts down objects with same name and creator and returns them. Useful for removing other multiple objects also like prim building guides, etc

okokok ... I was searching for a gif to lighten the mood, but wasn't able to find anything funnier than the actual fact of a bunch of Mole drones horrifying their creators by running amok thru Belli.  Then you posted this, and my mind immediately jumped to an even more hilarious future where a bunch of OTHER drones run amok in Belli, randomly deleting things ...

Oh Lord, oh Hiawatha!  Did anyone get video?  Quartz, I suppose it would be too much to hope for that the original drones were shaped like ... say it softly ... p*nises?

I am so sorry for laughing, but ... really ........ *dissolves*

We all have our days.  I remember my despair as I watched my early KFM ferries speed off randomly into the distance, beset by weirdo bugs and pernicious rounding errors, their pitiful little flags desperately waving.

• Like 6

• Moles
10 hours ago, Mollymews said:

ouch! I feel your pain

Thanks.   I'll have a play with that idea.  There's a slight complication in that LlReturnObjectsByID won't let me return my own objects, since I'm an estate manager, but I can easily have myself taken off the EM list while someone else runs the drone. 

ETA:  Now I come to think of it, because I now have ready access to the uuids of all the House Controllers on the region, I know where to start looking for stray drones, so I may be able to trace them with llCastRay, which will be a lot more convenient than using llSensor (and safer!) if I can make it work.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 8

12 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

ETA:  Now I come to think of it, because I now have ready access to the uuids of all the House Controllers on the region, I know where to start looking for stray drones, so I may be able to trace them with llCastRay, which will be a lot more convenient than using llSensor (and safer!) if I can make it work.

thinking about this a bit more

going forward and looking at a general purpose tool; then could include in controller updaters, building guide prims, etc  a separate standalone tidy up listener script (dropped into object contents) which listens for a DIE command from a dedicated bot account, which hops the target regions, shouting the DIE command on a reserved channel

the DIE command could be "object name", "die".  Listener script listens only for the bot UUID, then checks is that my name ? when so then llDie

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.