"Gateway to the Mainland" in Bellisseria

Rufferta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 774 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Gebuesch/83/184/29  I have tried to put together information on 'how to buy a parcel on the Mainland'. It was intended to be for new residents who have only lived in Bellisseria, but perhaps it would be useful to others.

Information was compiled from the Wiki, forum contributions, and my own experience. 

The newest poster with a notecard is "Bitsy Buys a Parcel on the Mainland".  The web version (of this article only) is at http://thesecondlifetourist.blogspot.com/2022/03/bitsy-buys-parcel-on-mainland.html

Bitsy buys a parcel 2.jpg

Edited by Rufferta
juggling input
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good article! Maybe I oversaw it but if not: wanted to suggest adding info about this short cut that I find very helpful whenever I want to see the outlines of a parcel quickly, or want to be able to click the ground but without the hassle of having to derender objects manually: "Ctrl+Alt+Shift+9".

Edit:
Another thing that just crossed my mind is, maybe it would be helpful to mention how long it approximately takes for LL to react to tickets for buying abandoned land. From what I hear others telling, and my own experience, it oftentimes takes 24 hrs only until LL answers and sets it to be claimed. I remember only 1 case ever, where LL told me that I had to wait 7 days in case someone else claims an interest. And if so, that it would become an auction. 

Edited by Yukiko Yeshto
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, BJoyful said:

This will be very helpful, Rufferta.  Pictures are helpful also, especially those learning English.  Your kindness in filling a need you spotted is very much the Spirit of Bellisseria  🥰 👏

The Good variety of Spirit of Bellisseria which I still feel !! And ever since I saw ppl (ordinary Residents) suddenly made temp Rez Zones in their lots in the first weeks after April 15 2019.  And I remember you there too ❤️

• Like 2

On 3/12/2022 at 12:08 AM, Eowyn Southmoor said:

I put in a ticket for some abandoned land last week. Got a reply back within 24 hours saying I'd need to wait 7 days to make sure no one else wants the area - but within another 24 hours the land was set to sale for me :) 

That's pretty good. Any time I put in for land, it goes to auction instead. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 774 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.