What would you pay for?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 773 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've had people pay me for custom vehicle scripting, and my partner has had people offer to pay her to landscape/decorate for them.  

I don't often pay for services, as my time in SL is normally occupied by vehicle-related activities or just socializing, but I will often buy things that I find to be clever or interesting in some way...even if it isn't something I will regularly use...just because I appreciate novel ideas and want to show the creator some support.

• Like 1

I made a club for someone one time for like $400.00 USD, years ago..

I never did that again..

I enjoyed building and creating before that, but that one custom build burnt me out.. hehehehe

I had made a couple before that, but that one really was a grind.. It looked really good and I did some pretty wild stuff, but never touched custom work ever again.

Seems I'm saying the same thing in more than one way.

Because it was just that bad of a time.. hehehehe

• Like 1

Clothes, hair, furniture, avatar and house accessories, landscaping kits, etc...anything like that I pay for. If I really want it, I will save up and happily pay for it. I really wouldn't have a need for anything else that my husband or I can't do for ourselves. Sometimes that takes watching lots of you tube how to videos, but we get there.

Edited by Dafadilia Wayfarer

I pay for items all the time but I rarely pay for services. It's definitely something that's been neglected by LL. I don't know how LL would create additional infrastructure to support a service based economy. If you look at how LL supports land sales in the client viewer and on the website as well as the SL marketplace you see how these are built into SL It seems like this would be a good expansion of SL which would be unique and not found in other virtual worlds.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2022 at 7:23 PM, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

I would pay A LOT for someone to create a HUD that would scan your inventory and remove all duplicates. If it lost a couple things in the process then I probably wouldn't notice.  Then I would organize my inventory myself.

Big mood here. I'd pay for someone to clean my inventory (if such a thing was possible without handing over my account), but I'd also pay for a way to nuke duplicate items. Probably a quarter of my inventory is copies of freebies I'll never look at, copies of items I've gotten in advent calendars, and copies of "gimme" items like drinks or food items (like when you go to a park or there is an ice cream shop or something on a sim). That would make things so much easier to deal with.

For the OP's suggestions, I would not pay for classes because I can never verify the quality of the instructor or their qualifications. I would also not pay to roleplay with someone. I can already pay for music, and I probably wouldn't pay for a makeover. I'm not sure what that leaves. I might pay for someone to pound the pavement for me to find kid-friendly roleplay sims that aren't just modern residential sims, but I don't know how much I'd pay for that.

Edited by HarrisonMcKenzie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 773 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.