What does Second Life Mean to You?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 828 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

YT_VideoSpecial_1.thumb.jpg.9017e31103b476271aeaeaab4b9ed7d8.jpg

Hey there ya'll,

My 16th rez day will be coming up next month and to celebrate it, I made a video compilation to detail as to what SL has meant to me over the years.
I normally don't edit my videos, but after two days of making a 6 min video, those who do edit theirs regularly I bow to your greatness. Seriously!
There are a lot of us oldies around and I'm curious, in all your years what has SL meant for you? (Let's be positive about this or try! lol)

P.S - don't worry, I'm not speaking in the video so it's safe. 😆

My 16th Rez Day video special

Edited by Asadora Summers
To say that I didn't speak in the video - my accent is scares people
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

For me SecondLife is a connection to the rest of the world.  A reminder of the diversity beliefs and cultures on this planet.  My favorite SL activity is picking up random people for dancing and chatting.  I love to hear people's stories.

really ? most people hide their rl

7 hours ago, Asadora Summers said:

YT_VideoSpecial_1.thumb.jpg.9017e31103b476271aeaeaab4b9ed7d8.jpg

Hey there ya'll,

My 16th rez day will be coming up next month and to celebrate it, I made a video compilation to detail as to what SL has meant to me over the years.
I normally don't edit my videos, but after two days of making a 6 min video, those who do edit theirs regularly I bow to your greatness. Seriously!
There are a lot of us oldies around and I'm curious, in all your years what has SL meant for you? (Let's be positive about this or try! lol)

Your video is very nice. Liked and subscrived! 👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

really ? most people hide their rl

Do you think? I have been in SL for 15 and a half years and I have not found this to be true at all. Start talking to people about your own real life stuff and they soon start talking about theirs. Doesn't mean they are going to give you their address or photo, but most people are happy to talk about real life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Asadora Summers said:

Hey there ya'll,

Congratulations on sticking around for 16 years! I'll bet, like me, you have seen a lot of good people leave SL and are left wondering what happened to them.

I have been here just slightly less time than you and for me, SL holds so many fond memories of friendships and fun. It is a wonderful social outlet, and a creative one too.

I have done so many different things in SL over the years - owned so much different land to live on, owned a mall, owned residential rentals, made skins and clothes and furniture, been a fashion blogger(!!), and fallen in love. And I have made wonderful long term friendships, and some fun ones that did not last quite so long, as well as meeting loads of interesting people in passing. So many different experiences SL has afforded me. So Second Life actually does mean a lot to me. Thanks for making this post!

• Like 2

For me it has been a place to do things I can't do in the video games I play. I have kept SL installed on my computers since 2006 and I have played many different video games since then from single player to MMOs. SL creates something of a yin-yang  experience where I can stab people in one game and then go shopping in SL. If all I do is play a violent video game, it's all yang, and there is no harmony in my gaming activity.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 828 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.