Music Club Peeve & A Bit of Overdue Ranting

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 847 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Square Meters are for "area" - not memory consumption.

I was not sure what it referenced.  How is that number important?  Does it only impact me or others?  I've never researched it but I always assume lower on all.of those is better for everyone.

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

I was not sure what it referenced.  How is that number important?  Does it only impact me or others?  I've never researched it but I always assume lower on all.of those is better for everyone.

The more area, the more that has to be rendered. More or less.

Something to do (I think) with the actual texture dimensions.

• Thanks 1

It would be nice to have a method to get people to explore the area reliably, the "gold hunt" thing *kinda* works, but the fact that you both pay a ridiculous amount for the coins then are "taxed" every time you top them up leaves me with a "$^%& off and die!" attitude toward the company who runs them.

Sell it, or tax the contests, if you do both you are a scammer in my book.

I don't own a club, but I do have a gym, and a *lot* of traffic comes through for the dailies but never leaves the landing point despite there being a quarter region of stuff set up there with everything from a gas station (for GTFO) and a clinic to a portrait studio to a classroom to a swimming pool to a flippin' space station.

But I think maybe, if I'm being generous, one in a hundred visitors move more than three meters from the landing point.

This is the same phenomenon that has me expect a sim to die when they add a club. They put it in then have a DJ show up, and get "traffic" for it, but many are running a full sim with all the associated tier costs and people stay in an area they could cover with a premium land allotment and only pay $100 a year to maintain.

I DJ and have done for years, I've never asked for tips, that seems so tacky. I put a tip jar out, if anyone chooses to tip that is very kind but nobody is obliged to, I do it for love not money and any money I make goes back to other DJs and clubs, but not the ones who panhandle and constantly grift for tips. 

• 2 weeks later...

Refection..
All designers in SL, I am sure they do their designs it cause they think it´s fun. But why do they charge you to buy the stuff? If they like to design and have a shop, their choice, they can pay for it. Just give us the stuff for free, of well ok place a tip jar inside the shop and if you like the items you can tip, if you like. Nobody forced them to become designers? Same goes for scriptwriters, all animation creators, why do we have to BUY this stuff?   Ehh?  🤔  🙄  🤪
Yes I am a DJ, and yes I did become one cause I love music and want to share it with others. But no we can not just collect a ready playlist from Spotify. I spend at least 3 hour preparing a list for each set, meaning a 2hour set takes 5 hours work. I never begged for a tip, but that is my only source of income in SL so I can go and buy the stuff creators sell, such as dances and outfits. I am VERY grateful for my tippers, and I also do respect visitors not tipping, their choice. Money comes and money goes, hard to find things for free. That´s how it is, all over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bailarin Franciosa said:

Yes I am a DJ, and yes I did become one cause I love music and want to share it with others. But no we can not just collect a ready playlist from Spotify. I spend at least 3 hour preparing a list for each set, meaning a 2hour set takes 5 hours work.

I emphatically agree with you, believe it or not! Completely! It is exactly what I wrote in the beginning. If you want to charge for your work as a DJ, just like a designer or builder or scripter, then by all means do so. Charge the patrons before they enter the club or the area you are playing. You can even arrange 10 minutes of "demo" just like a demo of Mesh clothing. A script to do this is very simple to make, as I have already said.

Et-Voila, they pay you. Everyone is happy, as they have paid you for your work. And the big plus of all of it is that there are no people on the stage reminding us to tip every other song or gesturbating about how wonderful the "Tune" is or any other such nonsense.

The whole experience would be so much more enjoyable and relaxing. You produce a product, and as a consumer, I am given a price to pay for it if I chose to do so. Or move along to another music venue.

There are, as they say, many ways to flip that coin. ☺️ (Emojis included!)

Totally completely agree with you.

Edited by TaraSimone Sixpence

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 847 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.