Why is deed to group not available?

Kira Skydancer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Now, I'm pretty sure - but not 100% positive - I've used radios on mainland before, successfully (I have 'em on my Linden homes for sure)...

I just purchased a parcel in the Snowlands, bought it with my "land' group, and am wearing the group tag (and I'm the owner/creator)... but, for some reason, deed to group is not an option, and I know I need that in order for my radio(s) to work.

I'm pretty sure I'm missing something stupid, and simply need application of a cluestick: What group or land settings would 'turn off' the ability to Deed to Group?

FWIW, the group I use to buy/sell Mainland has this problem, but - perhaps oddly - the group i use for my Linden homes ('cause alt), has 'deed to group' as an available option on those parcels. So now I'm really confused.

Edited by Kira Trafalgar
additional info.

If I understand correctly, the group already owns the parcel. If that's the case, you don't need to be able to deed the parcel to the group, and that's why you can't see that option.

To make a radio work on group-owned land, the *object* needs to be deeded to the group. Go into edit mode and select the radio, then check the box that says "share" under the group name. From there, you will be able to deed the object to the group. 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Kira Trafalgar said:

I just purchased a parcel in the Snowlands, bought it with my "land' group, 

6 hours ago, Kira Trafalgar said:

But that doesn't fix the Land option... Allow Deed To Group is greyed out. 

You bought it with your land group so it's already deeded.

• Like 2

First you rez the object you want to deed, and then right click it and choose 'Edit' to open the edit window. In the General tab of the edit window there's the option to share and deed. Tick 'Share,' click the spanner to choose the group and then 'Deed'

Edited by K9Mark

17 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

If I understand correctly, the group already owns the parcel. If that's the case, you don't need to be able to deed the parcel to the group, and that's why you can't see that option.

To make a radio work on group-owned land, the *object* needs to be deeded to the group. Go into edit mode and select the radio, then check the box that says "share" under the group name. From there, you will be able to deed the object to the group. 

Ah, now that makes sense and was the obvious thing I was missing. The radio is shared... could she have made the radio so it only works on Linden properties (it was free to Belli citizens) - guess I'll ask :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kira Trafalgar said:

Ah, now that makes sense and was the obvious thing I was missing. The radio is shared... could she have made the radio so it only works on Linden properties (it was free to Belli citizens) - guess I'll ask :)

I imagine so. I'm no scripter, and I'm not in the Belli group so I don't know about the radio in question, but I know that (for example) the security orbs that come with Linden Homes only work on Linden Homes parcels.

10 hours ago, Kira Trafalgar said:

check if the radio is transfer permission

when an object is no transfer then it can't be deeded to group, as deeding changes the owner to the group (owner change requires transfer permission)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kira Trafalgar said:

I don't see how that's possible and never heard of a "radio only for Belli," although since there is a mailbox "only for Belli," maybe it is flagged in some way.

Often the problem with an item that won't deed is that the items inside "content" have not been put in "share". It's not enough to just put the entire object on "share". Go in "contents" and see if there are things like notecards or even landmarks that have not been put in "share". If there is a script that isn't shareable, don't worry about it. But every possible thing that can go in share must be checked off or it won't work.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.