The Forum Cartel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4718 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I stop in at least twice a day, every day, to see if anyone's there.  Usually I don't find anyone. Sometimes I find a single
person, and half the time that person is a new user who wants a little help. However,once or twice a week I do find
people there, sometimes as many as a dozen.

It's timing and luck.

There is a hud available for free in the back room that will tell you who is at the hangout (when someone's there).

If you can't find it, IM me inworld (Ossian Resident) and I will send you one.

Also, if you join the Forum Cartel group, you can find out in group chat what people are up to.

Sylvia Tamalyn wrote:

Mags Indigo wrote:

If a slightly inebriated DJ is needed give me a yell - though my music tends to the eclectic rather than dance stuff :smileytongue:

FIFY!  :smileywink:

Pfft - I have a feeling I should be insulted or something like that - but pour me out a decent pint and I'll get over it...

Ossian wrote:

I stop in at least twice a day, every day, to see if anyone's there.  Usually I don't find anyone. Sometimes I find a single

person, and half the time that person is a new user who wants a little help. However,once or twice a week I do find

people there, sometimes as many as a dozen.

It's timing and luck.

There is a hud available for free in the back room that will tell you who is at the hangout (when someone's there).

If you can't find it, IM me inworld (Ossian Resident) and I will send you one.

Also, if you join the Forum Cartel group, you can find out in group chat what people are up to.

I used to do that. Ask what people were doing. If there was anything happening. I was always ignored when I asked that specific type of question. and so....

Maybe the migration to Twitter and away from forums in general has affected it a bit? I know that is where info for most stuff/events I attend comes from.

I can only think of one forum that doesn't regularly shoot itself in the foot in terms of quality interaction. Thats the advantage Twitter has, you can choose who to interact with. You can't do that on forums, well you can but its a drag and you will be accused of being a member of a clique etc etc.

Syl was the last one to have a hands on role in events there if I recall correctly and did a super job, she cant be expected to do everything though. Well done Syl :)

Anyone can have a go! Group chat is always pretty active and entertaining :)

Lexxi Gynoid wrote:

I used to do that. Ask what people were doing. If there was anything happening. I was always ignored when I asked that specific type of question. and so....

You should ask if anyone would like to join you for a naked swim. That should get a few replies. Alternatively, you could ask more open-ended questions, such as what is the Buddha nature of a dog?

Maryanne Solo wrote:

Syl was the last one to have a hands on role in events there if I recall correctly and did a super job, she cant be expected to do everything though. Well done Syl
:)

Oh, thanks, Maz! I really appreciate the kind words! :smileyhappy: 

The events I worked on were planned with my partner in crime, Maureen, and it was great fun...but I've now "retired" from event planning for the hangout. It's time for someone else to have at it!

Oh Maureen! I should have known! I'm so sorry Maureen what a superb effort from the two of you.

Such great fun they all were too!

Thanks to the two of you, you both did a superb job for everyone to enjoy all those events and wow they pulled great crowds!

Well!

After Pussycat's original post and Maureen's precise arrangements wasn't today's Impromptu gathering a blast!

Awesome fun thank you all and Ghosty's music knowledge and delivery is simply outrageous! Great work Ghosty!

Well done SL GD forum for allowing this to happen :) Kind of just like ye olde days! or is that Ye Lolled days??

WuHoOOooo! great fun! \o/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4718 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.