How old am I?

HazelEnglish

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 954 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My father was 50 when I was born and blonde when he was born. I only knew him having completely white hair, sometimes longer than mine. He'd copy my hairstyles, I'd copy his. Our Cindy Lou Who phase was probably our best. I was adorable, he was weird. We envied each other's reactions from outsiders.

Mom, a spectacular curly redhead, got her first grey hairs in her 80s. They were sprinkled about like strands of tinsel and simply beautiful. I'm tracking somewhere between the two, having a head of strawberry blond hair that fades with the summer sun and is sprinkled with grey that does me no favors. My haIrQ drops 10 points from April to October.

I lost all my hair during chemo five years ago, and was told by several people that I have a "rockin' noggin". I liked the look enough (and I'm more than lazy enough) that I now keep my hair short. I'll never be able to match the glorious look of my parents, so I've set my sights, RL and SL, on Irwin Corey*...

1237568525_IrwinandMaddycopy.jpg.62d002def616b800ae8fc375f8910a9e.jpg

*Yes, yes. I know many of you have seen that comparison shot before. One benefit of being a forum old-timer is that you can help the environment by recycling.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

I think the Boatam skin could be made to look older with some of the Izzie's lines and wrinkles and stuff. Although I thought that looked more like 40s. 

Also most people I know have wrinkles and gray hair before their 60s. I mean not super wrinkly and full gray hair but noticeable wrinkles (laugh lines, crows feet , things like that) and starting to gray before their 60s. I can't pass for my early 30s any more because of my gray streak that is finally looking gray instead of like a lightened section of my hair (I have dark blonde hair) and the lines , etc around my mouth and my eyes..and I'm 48.

• Thanks 1

On 11/17/2021 at 10:12 AM, HazelEnglish said:

Thanks - but mature skins that provide all that addiitonal softness do not exist.  Or if they do I cannot find them?  Please share if you know of any? :)

Have you checked out Flickr for ideas? I know it would mean sifting through a lot of pictures but I find checking out flickr  groups is a good way to get ideas for looks or to find clothes/decor /etc that I'm not familiar with . If I see anything around I'll drop a link in

• Thanks 1

On 11/18/2021 at 10:46 AM, Lillith Hapmouche said:

For example, BOATAOM has a "Work in progess" which would qualify as middle-aged, in my opinion:

WIP Lelutka EvoX

Poema is ... well... a bit beyond the goal, you might say.

I really like this....but sorry to sound like a noobie...but what is BOATAOM?  Is it a store?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 954 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.