How old am I?

HazelEnglish

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, HazelEnglish said:

So - I have done another photo using her below....added a smile.  Does everyone still think I look like I am in late 60s, having had a bad drug habit??.  hope not. (LOL)  But 100% happy to get the feedback (bad and good) it really helps me to learn to style my avatar.  Just so wished there were good 'Age 40s' skins.  But there are NONE.  Which is so frustrating given I have been told MOST users of SL are in their late 30s and 40s.  I feel fake wearing the skin of a twenty+ something.  And I don't want to look like 'Wiked Witch of the West' either.

HAZEL-50s.jpg

Is that really a SL smile from the head animations? 😍

Smile filter is something I don't use, but it is a filter that adds a smile to an image where you have closed lips. It has become very popular in SL, and I thought you used one too. https://retouchme.com/service/smile-editor

Did you soften the features a bit like I suggested?

I can not see the rest of your facial features so well, but now you look younger than "50 years with a hard life and too much smoking".

1 hour ago, HazelEnglish said:

When you say 'Smile Filter' - no idea what you mean?  What is that?

Also - that image above, still to me looks like a (very) young woman, but just with a frown and a few crows feet,.  For ME an an older look has to be more than just some 'addons' around the eyes.  And i do like IZZIES stuff.  Great for small enhancments.   But what I need -  it needs to be a complete skin.  Preferably both full head AND matching body. 

But impossible to find - thats what I mean.  (And i am guessing this is the same for men?)

But if you know of some as you suggest you do...please share, as I'd love to try them. 

But as it stands, I cannot find  - either in world or in market place any full face/head skins (preferably also with a matching body skin) that is a typical (or slighly above average looking) middle aged woman. 

Only ones I find are 'charicatures of older women' - such as comedy old people, or witches, hags, or that sort of thing.  Nothing 'normal'. 

4 hours ago, HazelEnglish said:

So - I have done another photo using her below....added a smile.  Does everyone still think I look like I am in late 60s, having had a bad drug habit??.  hope not. (LOL)  But 100% happy to get the feedback (bad and good) it really helps me to learn to style my avatar.  Just so wished there were good 'Age 40s' skins.  But there are NONE.  Which is so frustrating given I have been told MOST users of SL are in their late 30s and 40s.  I feel fake wearing the skin of a twenty+ something.  And I don't want to look like 'Wiked Witch of the West' either.

HAZEL-50s.jpg

Actually, with the smile and from this distance, she looks really good, the neckline too, makes her look late-40s, on the cusp of menopause. (I love the jumper and the tights - I really am loving the autumnal oranges this year more than ever). 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

Actually, with the smile and from this distance, she looks really good, the neckline too, makes her look late-40s, on the cusp of menopause. (I love the jumper and the tights - I really am loving the autumnal oranges this year more than ever). 

Thanks Marigold.  And by the way  - the sweater and leggings, free from COCO.  In their free gifts stand.  (not sure I am allowed to share that kind of info in forums.  But hey great quaility free clothes.  super duper)

• Thanks 1

If possible, reduce the under eye bags.  I didn't get those until I was over 50 and then not as noticeable as your avatar's.  That's also why the eye area is often done before any major facelifting.  Lid lifts are quite popular and can make a huge difference in how old one appears.  I would, however, soften the eyebrow arch.  That does make it look like a bit like an over done lift.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Even with the smile, I still say 50s to early 60s. The hair reminds me of Cruella Devil so that makes her look older. I think that skin or face shape puts you in the 50s age. 

My previous look that I had, I looked 40s. There are quite a bit of skins that look that age but they are from last year and prior years. The new skins this year seem to be younger looking with a lot of shine. So, you should look at skins from prior years. 

I'm on my phone but every year there is a skin event called skin addiction. If you go to their site, it lists skin brands. You may find some that you haven't looked at yet.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 6:16 PM, HazelEnglish said:

Could you all help me.  I am trying to create an avatar that represents a specific age.  To help me know if I am getting close, could you all type in the comments how old you think my avatar looks.  Your feedback and honesty would really be appreciated.  Thank you.

HOW OLD?.png

I'm in my 60s. Just now noticing a gray hair or two. She looks early 40s.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

On 11/8/2021 at 8:41 AM, Claireschen Hesten said:

It's possible to look like that in mid 40's if someone has suffered with a bad drug habit for years. Does remind me of a former British soap actress in her late 40's who was addicted to cocaine 

plastic-surgery1.jpg

https://www.sadanduseless.com/plastic-surgery/

1 hour ago, TrophySpouse said:

I was afraid to find out. 😢

I definitely would not want get surgeon recommendations from her.

She couldn't give them to you. She did it to herself. According to the article I read, she watched videos to learn how doctors do it. And says she is happy with the results. 31/32 year old Ukrainian. She hasn't had any surgery done. Yet. Last I knew she didn't plan on any but hadn't ruled it out either.

On 11/10/2021 at 8:43 PM, blissfulbreeze said:

Even with the smile, I still say 50s to early 60s. The hair reminds me of Cruella Devil so that makes her look older. I think that skin or face shape puts you in the 50s age. 

My previous look that I had, I looked 40s. There are quite a bit of skins that look that age but they are from last year and prior years. The new skins this year seem to be younger looking with a lot of shine. So, you should look at skins from prior years. 

I'm on my phone but every year there is a skin event called skin addiction. If you go to their site, it lists skin brands. You may find some that you haven't looked at yet.

I have looked everywhere.  And cannot find any decent skins that look more mature.  So if you know of any specifically...do please let me know / give me the SLURL.  I cannot find any of the types of skins you suggest exisit.  The only place is POEMA - and that's the skin I am wearing.  So let me know of any specific other ones.  I challenge you :)

Edited by HazelEnglish

On 11/10/2021 at 8:46 PM, blissfulbreeze said:

Forgot to add, the pronounced cheekbones age her more too. Try a softer face, it's a bit too angular.

Thanks - but mature skins that provide all that addiitonal softness do not exist.  Or if they do I cannot find them?  Please share if you know of any? :)

36 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Izzie's has something you could try. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Izzies-DEMO-Blush-Contour-Remover/18650980

I feel that I/we have been too critical? I think you can say that the avatar is good enough. It is you who need to decide it.

31 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Izzie's has something you could try. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Izzies-DEMO-Blush-Contour-Remover/18650980

I feel that I/we have been too critical? I think you can say that the avatar is good enough. It is you who need to decide it. 

Not at all :) I don't mind any feedback.  Good and bad / complimentary or harsh.  It is afterall just a pixelated avatar (it's not really me.  LOL).  So I don't mind hearing all and every opinion, I find them all of equal value.  (although I do find it easy to work out from all the comments which are coming from a male / female persepctive - lol  And I find that interesting) .  And thanks for your time taken to feedback ❤️ 

The thing about trying to look a certain age is that... a lot of people don't look whatever age they are. I hate to use actresses as an example because of plastic surgery and edited photos and everything but Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, Reese Witherspoon,  Gabrielle Union, and Charlize Theron are all in their late 40s.

Personally I'm in my late 40s IRL and I have always looked younger. I can't pass for early 30s anymore but I always surprise people when they find out my age. But also based on my friends who are in their late 40s to mid -late 50s the avatar  looks like late 50s/early 60s.  The photo using the smile filter looks younger but I 'd have to probably see in world.

My avatars always look younger but for me it doesn't feel fake. I know everyone uses SL differently and wants different things for their avatar and has different expectations.  My avatar is an extension of myself and true to who I am in terms of my personality etc but the physical stuff isn't because.. well it's SL and I can experiment with the way I look.

8 hours ago, MillyWH said:

....My avatars always look younger but for me it doesn't feel fake. I know everyone uses SL differently and wants different things for their avatar and has different expectations.  My avatar is an extension of myself and true to who I am in terms of my personality etc but the physical stuff isn't because.. well it's SL and I can experiment with the way I look.

Absolutely.  And everyone should use SL in the way they want, and is meaningful to them.  I personally feel a bit uncomfortable looking too much younger in SL than I am in RL.  But I am not suggesting for one second other people should feel the same way...  🙂

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.