How old am I?

HazelEnglish

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 881 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Oh ya... I'd say late 50s/early 60s.

I'll just say I admire your attempts at a mature look. I've done this approach with one of my alts, but you've gone further than me. The best I've got is this: this is a mature shape and skin from Dolly Rotten. I'd show a better pic but I'm at work ATM on a break (maybe later). Had to get this from one of my online account storage spaces, I have more on my PC at home.

You can't see it here, but her breasts are saggy and not pushed up. This is basically a system style avatar, but I have a few takes with a Lucybody, just not handy right now.

JumiasUlket_DollyRotten-Kraddic-1233-08062021_008.jpg

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HazelEnglish said:

Ha.  not going to be shot down.  i asked for honest opinions.  In fact I agree with you  And I'd prefer to age down my face a tiny bit more.  But can't find anything to do that.   The next step down in skins and shapes seems to be the 30 plus glamour girls.  Nothing at all for the 'mid to late 40s' I was trying to go for.

I took a look once at the body and soul "mature series"  I have no clue what they consider mature but it's not that. The avatars faces in their series look to be about 30. I guess by mature they mean older than teen. LOL

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 7:54 AM, HazelEnglish said:

Ha.  not going to be shot down.  i asked for honest opinions.  In fact I agree with you  And I'd prefer to age down my face a tiny bit more.  But can't find anything to do that.   The next step down in skins and shapes seems to be the 30 plus glamour girls.  Nothing at all for the 'mid to late 40s' I was trying to go for.

She said mid 40s'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/4/2021 at 9:16 PM, HazelEnglish said:

Could you all help me.  I am trying to create an avatar that represents a specific age.  To help me know if I am getting close, could you all type in the comments how old you think my avatar looks.  Your feedback and honesty would really be appreciated.  Thank you.

HOW OLD?.png

Late 40s and very tired 

• Haha 1

Mid-to-late 50s. Mayyybbbeeeeeee early 60s.

I know this cause the fellow who looks back at me in the mirror every morning wonders who that late 50s guy is starting back at him.

If the OP was shooting for mid-40s she went past the mark by at least a decade or even two, depending on life lived. I only wish I still looked like my mid-40s. ;)

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

It's possible to look like that in mid 40's if someone has suffered with a bad drug habit for years. Does remind me of a former British soap actress in her late 40's who was addicted to cocaine 

Ha - that is funny....just now wondering who you mean.  Presume 'Daniella'?  Lol

Edited by HazelEnglish
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Mid-to-late 50s. Mayyybbbeeeeeee early 60s.

I know this cause the fellow who looks back at me in the mirror every morning wonders who that late 50s guy is starting back at him.

If the OP was shooting for mid-40s she went past the mark by at least a decade or even two, depending on life lived. I only wish I still looked like my mid-40s. ;)

So - I have done another photo using her below....added a smile.  Does everyone still think I look like I am in late 60s, having had a bad drug habit??.  hope not. (LOL)  But 100% happy to get the feedback (bad and good) it really helps me to learn to style my avatar.  Just so wished there were good 'Age 40s' skins.  But there are NONE.  Which is so frustrating given I have been told MOST users of SL are in their late 30s and 40s.  I feel fake wearing the skin of a twenty+ something.  And I don't want to look like 'Wiked Witch of the West' either.

HAZEL-50s.jpg

Edited by HazelEnglish
  • Like 3

On 11/6/2021 at 2:51 PM, Echelon Alcott said:

So OP, would you mind sharing what age you were aiming for when creating the avi?

On 11/6/2021 at 3:25 PM, Marianne Little said:

She said mid 40s'.

What she said 🖕 ...

But I can see I am looking older than mid 40s.  I think the hair is not helping.... so going to try with different hair styles too.  I'll keep at it. 

58 minutes ago, HazelEnglish said:

So - I have done another photo using her below....added a smile.

Those smile filters are always a one-way ticket to uncanny valley. There are some fairly decent smile animations in SL (though they work very differently on different heads, so one has to find some that work with one's own head), those don't generally cause the same effect (although due to how lighting in SL works, the teeth often appear very bright - one can either darken one's teeth a little in the head's HUD, or just add some shading in an image editor).

1 hour ago, HazelEnglish said:

Does everyone still think I look like I am in late 60s, having had a bad drug habit??.  hope not. (LOL)  But 100% happy to get the feedback (bad and good) it really helps me to learn to style my avatar.

Part of the smile filter is that it increases the definition of your already pronounced cheek bones, which reinforces the .. How should one say .. In-sunknenness of the face, which adds to the 'aged/worn' look. 

1 hour ago, HazelEnglish said:

Just so wished there were good 'Age 40s' skins.  But there are NONE.  Which is so frustrating given I have been told MOST users of SL are in their late 30s and 40s.  I feel fake wearing the skin of a twenty+ something.

I haven't looked much at skins in general, it's one of those components of my avatars that I have a really hard time changing as it is such an integral part of their identity, but I do believe that there are such skins around (it's been really popular for a while to make middle-aged male avatars in particular, not sure whether that's somehow related to the endemic of babygirls on the grid!). Other than that, you can modify your appearance with various 'imperfection' layers (check out Izzie's, she's got tons of them - including ones specifically for aging your avatar!). 

Evo X Age Spots, Frown Lines, Crow's Feet & Forehead Lines

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 6:54 AM, HazelEnglish said:

When I first looked at the photo, I thought of Joan Collins as she was when in Dynasty. She was upwards of 48 at that time, and has always had the most amazing cheekbones and certainly has adapted her makeup to keep her glamorous look even to this day, but the neck has always been the giveaway.

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Those smile filters are always a one-way ticket to uncanny valley. There are some fairly decent smile animations in SL (though they work very differently on different heads, so one has to find some that work with one's own head), those don't generally cause the same effect (although due to how lighting in SL works, the teeth often appear very bright - one can either darken one's teeth a little in the head's HUD, or just add some shading in an image editor).

Part of the smile filter is that it increases the definition of your already pronounced cheek bones, which reinforces the .. How should one say .. In-sunknenness of the face, which adds to the 'aged/worn' look. 

I haven't looked much at skins in general, it's one of those components of my avatars that I have a really hard time changing as it is such an integral part of their identity, but I do believe that there are such skins around (it's been really popular for a while to make middle-aged male avatars in particular, not sure whether that's somehow related to the endemic of babygirls on the grid!). Other than that, you can modify your appearance with various 'imperfection' layers (check out Izzie's, she's got tons of them - including ones specifically for aging your avatar!). 

Evo X Age Spots, Frown Lines, Crow's Feet & Forehead Lines

When you say 'Smile Filter' - no idea what you mean?  What is that?

Also - that image above, still to me looks like a (very) young woman, but just with a frown and a few crows feet,.  For ME an an older look has to be more than just some 'addons' around the eyes.  And i do like IZZIES stuff.  Great for small enhancments.   But what I need -  it needs to be a complete skin.  Preferably both full head AND matching body. 

But impossible to find - thats what I mean.  (And i am guessing this is the same for men?)

But if you know of some as you suggest you do...please share, as I'd love to try them. 

But as it stands, I cannot find  - either in world or in market place any full face/head skins (preferably also with a matching body skin) that is a typical (or slighly above average looking) middle aged woman. 

Only ones I find are 'charicatures of older women' - such as comedy old people, or witches, hags, or that sort of thing.  Nothing 'normal'. 

Edited by HazelEnglish
typo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 881 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.