Beef Enchiladas Recipe

Z3RI

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've never seen beef enchilada filling, except inside pre-prepared enchiladas. The fun is in the concocting. I never do them the same way twice. My last batch were filled with onion, red bell and chipotle peppers, black beans, and a few M&Ms. The batch before that was filled with corn, cauliflower and olives. One of these days I'll work in some Sour Patch Kids (when I run out of lime juice).

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Is this a real recipe that they sell in SL that you use in RL?

I'm confused.. hehehe

My recipes contain M&Ms and Sour Patch Kids. Of course they're real, Ceka!*

*I sometimes use black jelly beans to thicken/sweeten spaghetti sauce. They contain sugar and anise, both helpful to tame tart tomatoes.

12a969f0a89789a14f255ebccc07c1fa.jpg

Join the group inworld to get answers to these questions and we can help you there. Very few people on the forums will know what you are talking about.

secondlife:///app/group/b35cc3eb-2236-3374-e68c-e932efc6b7b3/about

You may need to put in a support ticket to get access to the group as it is by invitation only due to spammers.

Added the picture for those that are curious :)

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian

8 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

How about cooking with spiders? I do that, too.

Spider stew is a standing joke in my brother's house. Our father used to make it - unintentionally no doubt - for he had a "stock pot" always on the top of his stove, into which each day he would add a few more vegetables, some water, chunks of whatever meat he had, and when a huge spider that was living in his kitchen for a few days suddenly went missing, we reckoned that had also made it's way into the pan. Hence spider stew. 

• Like 1

I think many of us have heard of chocolate being used in spicy/savory recipes. When I have time to pamper a pot of chili, I'll add dark chocolate and/or cocoa powder to raise the umami. I worked out the black jelly bean trick on my own, after observing my BFF (she's Iranian) add grape jelly to a traditional Iranian stew, to add both sweetness (sugar) and body (pectin). On a lark, I dropped a few black jelly beans on a pizza and found they worked very well. I have a massive sweet tooth and get pleasure from freaking people out, so I'm known for putting candy on everything, particularly pizza.

I dislike spaghetti sauces that run under the pasta to flood the plate with pink liquid. When I don't have time to cook down or strain fresh garden tomatoes to remove excess water, I might add mashed potato flakes or potato starch as a thickener. If the tomatoes are too tart, I'll soften the sour with brown sugar or... black jelly beans (they were Mom's favorite, so I always had some around for her).

I also use Guinness Stout in my cooking. If my chili is too thick, I'll add a bit of Guinness and drink the remainder. I'll never know if the Guinness actually improves the chili, or simply makes me believe it does. I don't care. I also use Guinness in stir-fry, reasoning that it's really just soy-sauce without the sodium.

As for spiders, when I was young Dad did most of the cooking. If he found a spider noodling around in the range hood while cooking, he'd sweep it down into the pot or pan with a flourish and make some silly remark like "there's the finishing touch!". It wasn't until I started having friends over for dinner that I realized the joy I could obtain from the introduction of spiders to my spice repertoire, particularly if I have an audience. As Dad pointed out, the FDA allowance for insects in packaged foods is far higher than one spider per meal.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2021 at 8:17 PM, Madelaine McMasters said:

I dislike spaghetti sauces that run under the pasta to flood the plate with pink liquid.

Agreed! There is nothing worst!!! People should Never eat those!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, I was looking for a place to post as about seeking bloggers for to adv my SL rental business..
but, this was way more interesting (a bit didnt like the squizing a spider part - there are always already DEAD ones everywhere! :P but I am with you! )
And I couldnt escape reading/giving my 2cent with this post.

So, if you allow me sharing my thoughts/recipe, here I go:
I live all alone, way too high, up on the mountains!
That means , I have to bake bread or else, no bread at the table etc etc..

My stomach is big enough ( brags)  and can hold a bowl of pasta (250gr) plus a 120 gr dark cooking chocolate at bed while watching YT for to sleep*
*cant sleep when PC turns off 😮
Alter Ego 16:57 : Shhh... speak only for the recipe
ok..ok.. so,
when I am lazy to cook ( because thats it.. there are NO excuses like i dont have time )
and want to have a fast plate of simple pasta served with fine Italian Cheese like all people want to do...

Then on pure virgin olive oil, I saute a big red onion, 2 red sweet peppers and then I finish it with 2 or 3 really mature grinded tomatoes. ( its summer isnt it ?)
Now I am adding the spices:
Lots of sweet paprika, more lots of tandoori masala, a pinch of hot paprika, the smallest pinch ever of turmeric ( I want it to keep effecting me - so keeping the dose small ;) )

salt, pepper and thats it!
Now I am adding the pasta! ( I use the one that is rice shaped )
Yes! You noticed correct:  No water!  ( yet) We already have a pot full of  liquid came from melted onions, peppers and tomatoes, there where the pasta ( 250gr) was added..
Fire goes slow and I keep steering with a wooden spatula for a while
and then I add a little bit of boiling water, so the pasta will not stuck but keep getting cooked and not actually boiled yet.
Keep steering and;
The last 5 minutes, I am adding as much boiling water it needs ( like 2 cups ) and let it boil without forgeting to steer from time to time.
Like rice - or more than rice - it will absorve any liquid and
The result is..
I eat MORE pasta than I should do! :P

Here is a picture I found on the DARK web from people who do the same like me hehe
Pasta from Ismir

So yeah.. that was my 2 cents.
Thank you for bringing me here!
I wish for all the perople to understand and enjoy the art of cooking!
P.S. Long Live SL! :D

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.