The Women Are Marching Today!

Luna Bliss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 980 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

21 hours ago, Finite said:

Yes we were all taught that. Apparently, it hasn't worked. Hence why some places are trying out new things instead of sticking with the old.

Oh they do?  I am a bit old fashioned and only know of condoms.

I would definitely like to know those new methods that could offer protection against HIV, syphilis etc during sex.

Is it a new lube or pill or something like that?  Can you please inform me about it?

Edited by Nick0678

57 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

I would definitely like to know those new methods that could offer protection against HIV, syphilis etc during sex.

Is it a new lube or pill or something like that?  Can you please inform me about it?

If everyone just stuck to SL sex, the only responsibility the man would have is to occasionally wash the sock. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nick0678 said:

Hmm you linked a couple sources to this and so have I. Sorry I am not going to read things for a supposed grown and mature person.

You've presented yourself as an expert here yet have only demonstrated that you passed week one of sex ed. Did you not pass the class? It's as if someone was teaching you how to drive and you stopped paying attention after they showed you how to start the car.

8 minutes ago, SynesthetiQ said:

If everyone just stuck to SL sex, the only responsibility the man would have is to occasionally wash the sock. 

I would gander there's a lot of socks in some bins.

• Haha 1

Just now, Finite said:

I think you're giving the male population of SL too much credit.

I'm thinking the test is a little bit like how you test if pasta is cooked - if you throw it at the wall and it sticks, then probably worth a quick rinse.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Finite said:

Hmm you linked a couple sources to this and so have I. Sorry I am not going to read things for a supposed grown and mature person.

You've presented yourself as an expert here yet have only demonstrated that you passed week one of sex ed. Did you not pass the class? It's as if someone was teaching you how to drive and you stopped paying attention after they showed you how to start the car.

I don't understand your reply.. so do you know a BETTERr way than condoms to protect against HIV and STD's in general while having sex or not ?

If you do feel free to post a link saying "This pill will protect you from HIV, forget condoms" otherwise you are just avoiding the question because you have no mature answer.

18 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

I don't understand your reply.. so do you know a BETTERr way than condoms to protect against HIV and STD's in general while having sex or not ?

If you do feel free to post a link saying "This pill will protect you from HIV, forget condoms" otherwise you are just avoiding the question because you have no mature answer.

No one has claimed there is some magic pill. All anyone has said is there are modern methods of teaching sex ed and safer sex. (Condoms are part of safer sex too. In fact it was the first topic in the link I originally posted). You pointed out that the UK doesn't use the term "safer sex". I merely pointed out that they in fact do. Mature would be reading and comprehending what people are saying to you and not attempting to read between lines that don't exist. 

Edited by Finite

2 minutes ago, Finite said:

No one has claimed there is some magic pill. All anyone has said is there are modern methods of teaching sex ed and safer sex. You pointed out that the UK doesn't use the term "safer sex". I merely pointed out that they in fact do. Mature would be reading and comprehending what people are saying to you and not attempting to read between lines that don't exist. 

So the mature way is to use Condoms. Thank you for agreeing with me.

Play safe, use a condom.

98131-120226-condom-hmed2-10a.jpg

19 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

So the mature way is to use Condoms.

I'm impressed with how STD's are lower in Greece compared to the U.S. However, Greece has the highest abortion rate in Europe due to lack of female methods of birth control more often used in the rest of Europe.  Also, the abortion rate in the U.S. has lessened.

So, if you don't think abortion is a good form of birth control I imagine some wouldn't be so impressed with Greece.

* Of course these are official, reported stats on abortion rates, but many seek unsafe methods that are not reported when abortion is illegal or more difficult to access.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Thanks 1

Why are STD's so high in the U.S. and on the increase?

The United States has the highest STD rates in the developed world. The United States has the highest gonorrhea rate of 124 per 100,000 people and the third-highest rate for chlamydia of 479 per 100,000 people. STD rates are increasing in the United States for many reasons, including decreased condom use amongst vulnerable groups such as young people and gay and bisexual men. Additionally, state and local programs have experienced budget cuts, resulting in clinic closures, decreased screenings and care, and reduced patient follow-up. The states with the highest STD rates are Mississippi, Alaska, and Louisiana.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/std-rates-by-country

23 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

HI Nick,

While your sense of responsibility and commitment to condom use is really laudable, sadly many men don't share that responsibility.

Condom use is really problematic across society (probably shouldn't be, but it is) and largely (sadly, speaking as a man) the problem lies squarely with men. If for no other reason than the "receiving partners" are the ones disproportionately most at risk from the consequences of unprotected sex and thus we men tend to shirk our share of the responsibility.

I do therefore agree with Finite that there are many initiatives under way which seek to either educate men specifically, empower women more,  and/or find other interventions.

For a really interesting read on this have a look at https://www.bustle.com/wellness/why-dont-guys-like-condoms-like-unprotected-sex

Also in terms of your request for alternative interventions against HIV, have a look at https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/basics/prep.html

• Like 1

• Lindens

Helllllo! 

Unfortunately it seems we had a few people continue to derail this thread AFTER the previous warning from Acan, soooooo it is now locked!

Once again reminding people that the Second Life forums are not a place to name call and argue with one another. Please either take it in-world, your local walmart parking lot, or block them- no one needs to see that here. 

Thanks!

Obi 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 980 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.