Zindra - Why is it still incomplete?

Exavor Diesel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So Zindra has been in existence for several years now yet the SE side of the island is still incomplete. Land prices are invariably much higher than other continents due to demand for adult parcels (among others reasons - let's not get into that though!) but the question remans; Why is Zindra still incomplete? It would take 10-15 sims (at a minimum) to complete the island or more if LL wanted to expand. 

Perhaps LL want to leave it void of sims for when/if they decide to expand Zindra significantly, leaving the door open for that to be possible but even if they were to complete it on a smaller scale today, they'd always have the opportunity to create new continents if further expansion was ever required. 

Would be interested to hear people's thoughts on this or ideas as to what it could be used for? Personally I think it would be a great space to create a Blake Sea equivalent within Zindra, perhaps linking Zindra to another continent (by sea/air) in years to come. 

zindra 2021.png

Edited by Exavor Diesel
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can see the (future site of) my house from there...  (I'm now in one of the regions immediately to the north of the "here be dragons" blank zone on the map) - As an "original native Zindran" from the days when I owned a nice chunk of Vallone at the continents creation I've always maintained a presence there and I dont see that changing anytime soon. There's just too many good memories such as participating in the "scarlet letter hunt", one of the many protests about segregating us that way, where to actually find one of the hunt items the hunter had to make use of one of my demo items for long enough that one of its moving parts would shift far enough to expose the hunt box :)

I would love to see the continent completed some day....

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The reason why Zindra was abandoned is because of the fact that demand for land was outpaced by supply. People who wanted adult land would rent from land barons on private estates and regions. Mainland at the time was seen and somewhat still is, seen as laggy and gaudy. Whilst Zindra has improved, along with the rest of the mainland in regards to aesthetics, the problem is that the overwhelming majority of land on Zindra is owned by Life Properties and other land holdings companies. Hell, even my old home on the Southeast Bypass that connects the North and South road networks (which is now replaced by a proper linden road, thanks for doing that well after I moved out and filed that support ticket, Linden Lab), was bought up by those accursed barons.

Linden Lab has no reason to expand Zindra because not only is it isolated from the rest of Agni (Literally on the other side of the grid from the rest of the continents and the majority of standalone regions and estates), if I want a place to ***** people to call home, I'll take advantage of both cheaper land and privacy by using the adult content in moderate land loophole that Linden Lab has in place.

As much as I love Zindra, having spent some of my first years on SL calling it home after I left the now defunct Gulfport in Hotei, Sansara - It honestly is an obsolete concept that was created because of public outrage from the CSI episode and other bull***** media coverage that tried to place SL in a bad light with little evidence to prove their accusations, which on top of that, was made in one of Linden Lab's many kneejerk reactions which equated to shooting one's self in the foot in slow motion, repeatedly. The only way it'll expand is if public interest in the continent demands it. And as long as Zindra is not just barren, but held mostly by land barons who still think it is 2008 and charging for land like it is, I doubt that'll ever happen.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.