Hopeless at Landscaping Terrain ETC

gez12

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 977 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I would just practice at it for a bit.  If you mess it up, you can always "revert" and start over.  Use very low strength, small size, and just click click click till you get it the way you want.  If you want to make a certain section flat, you can "select" that area and flatten it with just a few clicks.

23 minutes ago, gez12 said:

im just making messes when i try terrain and that just a mess with the land i may as well put platform in air or rent a skydome or something i dunno 

It takes a lot of practicing to get good at terraforming...allow yourself a half hour each day for a month to get good at it.

If that's something you're not really interested in though you can hire someone to terraform the land for you.  I'm not interested in a terraforming job but I do have a nice quarter sim landscape you might be interested in -- the terrain is made from mesh, prims, and sculpts so no terraforming of the system terrain needed. You can view this quarter sim landscape at my skybox shop though I constructed this one for the ground too -- the name is Enchanted Rainforest and the flower in the middle at the landing area to the SkyBox shop will fly you to the sky to view it.  Don't have it on the Marketplace yet so just make me an offer if you like it.

Flatten and Smooth are tools to use to unmess things. Just use raise and lower to get a section of land to the height you want and then use flatten to spread that area of height around where you want it to go. Use smooth to smooth out transitions between levels.

It really shouldn't take that long to work it out.

I only watched a few minutes of the video from about 5 mins in to 9 mins in and it looks like it should cover all that is needed to know and more in a very understandable way.

Edited by Aethelwine

6 minutes ago, gez12 said:

er thats not what i want in skybox nowhere to put home in sorry i dunno what to do 

It's not a skybox...it's a ground garden.  I only have it in my skybox section of the store for easy viewing and to demonstrate it can be a skybox too.  The plants in the central raised area can be deleted and your home placed there.

Just now, gez12 said:

my home is little bigegr its 45x63 which i have to move majority of things out of that and mess it up 

If you don't want to move your home and its contents then you'd need to hire a customer designer who would terraform the terrain under and around your home and then decorate the surrounding area with plants, streams, waterfalls, or whatever.  That can be time-consuming and expensive if you want it done nicely. 

I don't do that a lot anymore as it is so time-consuming to do a great job, but there are those who want those types of jobs.  Try using Search or classified and input 'landscaper' , 'sim design', , 'region design', 'custom sim designer', 'custom sims'.  Take a look at their work before you hire.

5 minutes ago, gez12 said:

i looked dont have thousands lindens for custom designers so i dunno what to do 

I suggest continuing to practice terraforming to shape the land under and around your house, and then buy a few plants or prefab waterfalls to place around it.   It will take some time to get it how you want but it can be fun to learn.

If you want it all in an instant though I suggest my prefab ground garden...however you would need to delete your home and it's contents and redo it in the place allowed for the home in the prefab landscape.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 977 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.