I want to hunt Meeroos!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4004 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Meeroo freak me out. People say they are cute but i think there is something creepy about them.

I dont have anything against anyone that keeps them though. Different people need a choice of pets and they wont like every type.

I do think that the option to make them a non breedable should be much less costly though.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Above water it just looks like a little platform in one of the lakes. A hidden dorr inside of it and suddenly you're in this complex. I think the spider was 38 prims or something... only reason I never used him myself.

I think the sim names was Frodes.

Thanks, duly noted. When you first mentioned where it was  you used 'reservoir' and 'giant underground complex' in the same sentence and I was wondering if I'd step into a clearing and see a small white house with the windows boarded up :smileywink:

Lol! Thanks Dillon. :)

I didn't see the other episode about Tribbles. It sounds good though. I can just picture Worf being all discombobulated.

I seriously want to make some parody breedables now. :D  I've been thinking of various names and such. 

ETA: Oh darn I thought I'd get away w/out an edit but I missed something. I can send you a spider, I think. I got it free somewhere forgotten, and used it last Halloween in a maze. It's great. Animated, and senses corners...kind of well. Lol.

Chronometria: I totally agree on the pet food price. 1500 $L for one Meeroo for ONE usage? Come on! That's a chance to throw the SL community a bone, and they blew it. It would've gotten a lot more people to try the Meeroo thing if that wasn't so cost prohibitive. I know the various creators now will claim "oh but compared to RL wages..." But this isn't RL, and besides, I'm sure the breedable creators are not exactly poor. I'd have priced it at 200 $L or less for one Meeroo one usage or maybe $500 for multiple Meeroo/usages. Or even free! But that's just me.

Greed leaves a bitter taste doesn't it?

usually they drive over me (after all I'm at a lower latitude).... unless you count being born in canada as being Canadian, and then I usually manage to squish one of the Leporidae residents if I'm up there late spring time (not that I try, but it's pretty hard not to in some spots)

• Lindens

@Melita OMG I would SO crack up over parody breedables! It'd be like what Garbage Pail Kids are to Cabbage Patch Kids... or if you dare, worse. I heart these kinds of inside jokes and cultural humor for those who "get it".

I saw an apparently rare Clover Meeroo, which makes me have some hope that if you crossbreed that with a pink Meeroo (do they exist?), you'd get a watermelon one! And then I'd breed those like singularity bunnies until I get ARed to infinity and beyond — sigh, I get carried away.

lol, Thanks everyone for keeping this thread good natured and fun. I've been looking in on it but not over-opping :D Loved the comments, all of em. While I may never actually hunt meeroo myself (too busy doing other stuff) I may find the time at some point to assemble a cookbook of tasty meeroo cuisine. Since SL has put me in contact with people from all over the globe, I reckon it wouldn't be a huge undertaking to gather a collection of tempting meeroo recipees from every continent!

Peewee Musytari wrote:

[...].How kewl would that be if all these cute lil Disneyfied pets turned into snarly little monsters causing havok. 

I thought that was the default for ALL breedables? they just hide their evil resource sucking ways with a cute shell

Torley Linden wrote:

@Melita OMG I would SO crack up over parody breedables! It'd be like what Garbage Pail Kids are to Cabbage Patch Kids... or if you dare,
worse
. I heart these kinds of inside jokes and cultural humor for those who "get it".

I saw an apparently rare Clover Meeroo, which makes me have some hope that if you crossbreed that with a pink Meeroo (do they exist?), you'd get a watermelon one! And then I'd breed those like singularity bunnies until I get ARed to infinity and beyond —
sigh
, I get carried away.

Ha! Yes, the Garbage Pail Kids! Or, the Wacky Packages stickers from earlier days...I love it! LOL. I so want to make those type of breedable. I have some names and sketches already in mind :D

Clover + Valentine Pink Meeroo making a Watermelon Meeroo would be awesome. Especially if it was stripey.

Eileen Fellstein wrote:

The problem is - cute domesticated animals. No one wants them harmed. No one would take issue if I were to breed for instance - GIANT TARANTULAS! ...and make them huntable. (I've had one as a pet in RL BTW, though it was normal sized. Very few have the capacity to love such critters)

Hmm... "The wonderful would of Webs" - Breed Spiders up to 10m in size, manyy races and colorations available!

Get your Couple-Web today, to start breeding!

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4004 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.