Bellisseria Parade of Homes Review Blog

PrudenceAnton

Parade of Homes was the brainchild of PrudenceAnton. It consisted of a listing of Bellisseria Homes and Bellisseria-Resident owned places of interest that were opened to the public. There were two parts to this: 1) a listing of the homes and places of interest, with SLURLs so that you could go visit and with a picture and a brief comment. 2) A Publication with blogs containing highlights of some of the homes and articles on decoration and/or landscaping relevant to homeowners.

I was involved in the latter (the publication) as one of the staff writers/photographers. Pru told me that her RL was getting very demanding, and she had to discontinue Parade of Homes some time ago. The initial plan was for her to write a farewell article and announce it publicly.

Then there was some behind the scenes stuff going on where the system might become a bit more automated and be hud driven-- so that the concept could live on, even if the implementation changed.

Somehow in all of this, that last article never got shared. Prudence is still in SL but her RL is just too demanding right now to have any sort of commitment and it has been hard for her to "say goodbye" to this wonderful and successful project that she launched.

I dont know the whole story, because another piece that I am unfamiliar with got added into the mix. I know that Robert stepped up with relatively short notice to convert the POH listing into something that can be Hud Driven -- It is supposed to become automated too, but I personally dont understand precisely how that will work. I think the idea is to have  a scripted open house sign.. you put it up and it sends a notice to someone to add it tot the system, you take it down and it sends a notice to remove it from the system. But I dont know how that is implemented or how photos are added to it. I dont think the automated part is implemented yet.

If this sounds confusing.. that is because it is complex and I am not sure anyone knows all the pieces of making it work atm. But do rest assured that there are people (especially Robert) working behind the scenes to try and keep the concept of Parade Of Homes alive. I know he has put a LOT of hours into it already, and suspect that there is more work ahead of him on it.

Edited by Teresa Firelight
typed "homes" when meant to type "Places of Iterest"
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

About the Blog side of Parade of Homes... Prudence asked me to keep this alive by continuing to write occasional articles of relevance/interest to Home Owners. I have agreed to do this... my current plan is to publish once a month. My current thinking is that this blog will include building and decoration tips as well as photo essays of assorted people's amazing homes that they have listed with the new system.

For my next article, I am considering blogging my most recent landscaping challenge: Landscaping on Sand.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I like the idea of expanding to Non-Linden homes. I say this totally out of my own interest, haha. I can't show off anything, since I do not have a Bellisseria home now. I am lurking around to see if I jump back when a new theme is released.

Dear Marianne,

I realized the suggestion now (thanks to your kind feedback) .. when you shift-refresh the webpage or the HUD, you will see a new entry for "Non-Belli Homes" in the QuickJumps resp. by scrolling now, albeit empty yet. As the content is autogenerated, it was piece of cake .. just a 2-minutes add-on effort for this new category.

I would be happy to include your non-Belli house in this PoH-OH listing .. so if you like (or any other in this forum also interested to do so) just share in-world one picture of the house and one of the interior decoration (4:3 or similar format) or send me in-world a link to a Gyazo / Instagram / ... from which I can download the pictures to my PoH database plus SLURL plus a brief comment about your house design / deco idea in-world.

Edited by RobertRhodan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Update on the PoH OH webpage and HUD  Sep. 18th, 2022

#1 All photos of house locations and interior decoration are now cached .. so both the new web page clone of the PoH Listings as well as the in-world HUD will load much faster now.
Just shift-refresh to obtain the newest contents

#2 As mentioned above, non-Belli homes with exemplary interior and/or exterior decorations (gardens, ...) for show-and-tell are now listed in an additional group
Hoping for the first "include my amazing home setup too" requests
realized suggestion by Marianne Little

#3 the web page PoH has now a "true" resizing which also scales the photos; the HUD variant is fixed size atm (but can be hidden out of the way)
realized based on a suggestion by Diamond Marchant

#4 about to be allowed to get posting access to the PoH group, to have the members informed too about what's going on.

#5 in the pipeline:
interfacing regarding new applications / location changes or retirements / house sign post management is still open to clarification. as workaround IM me in-world robert rhodan resident UUID 9807578f-529c-4870-8017-5b5f05a25c70

Edited by RobertRhodan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 9/17/2022 at 11:25 PM, diamond Marchant said:

#1 IMHO, a simple list (with SLURLs) of PoH homes is all that is needed.

#2 The forum already has a thread for beautiful pictures of Linden Homes, not limited to PoH homes.

#3 resizing is not possible resp. the HUD variant too large

#1 That's exactly the web page clone of the PoH Listings (which was available as option from start on)

#2 Did I miss something ? The 186 pictures of the homes now contained in the webpage resp. the HUD have been collected from the discontinued PoH listings, and some from blogs Teresa wrote, and 2 from Gingir ... if you know about another thread that I did not notice so far, plz guide me to it, and I will add these too

#3 I've updated the PoH Listings webpage clone now for "true" resizing including dynamic scaling / re-scaling of the photos when one changes the size of the browser window, or re-sizes the browser window's contents with Control+MouseWheel to see more details of the house photos or have improved readability of the text in the comments column.
(As always, just shift-refresh the web page to obtain the most current release of the PoH OH tool's features and contents)
The HUD variant is fixed though atm, but can be hidden out of sight via the red arrow. I will try to establish a user-modifiable HUD that allows resizing. The HUD will still be "maintained" (actually it is just an identical version of the PoH Listings webpage clone but wrapped as "media on a prim"), because there were other users that want the homes' list and the SLURLs to TP to in-world, with having just one SL / FS viewer window.
What I can offer is a HUD variant with a size that you might like better - but I'd ask for your sharing to me a simple cube prim with the dimensions you prefer. But then it seems you like above #1's webpage variant more than the HUD.

Just be ensured that I will do my best to respond to suggestions and change requests.

Edited by RobertRhodan
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, RobertRhodan said:

#2 Did I miss something ? The 186 pictures of the homes now contained in the webpage resp. the HUD have been collected from the discontinued PoH listings, and some from blogs Teresa wrote, and 2 from Gingir ... if you know about another thread that I did not notice so far, plz guide me to it, and I will add these too

Be mindful of listing any home that's been found or pictured somewhere. The people currently in those spots might not want random visitors. Might also want to make sure there's a clear way to de-list a home incase the resident changes their mind, and the HUD should auto-do this if the name of the land owner is not the same as what it was when the home was originally added to the list.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

Be mindful of listing any home that's been found or pictured somewhere. The people currently in those spots might not want random visitors. Might also want to make sure there's a clear way to de-list a home incase the resident changes their mind, and the HUD should auto-do this if the name of the land owner is not the same as what it was when the home was originally added to the list.

That's good advice ... thx ... as I do not yet know which blog Diamond meant that I probably missed, I cannot assess the chapter / rules / covenant being applied there. But agreed, I would not compile anything that is not either clearly labelled "open home" or having a prior approval from the house owner (and photos) !

Reg. de-listing / re-location updates: as written I am completely out in the dark as of now, and lost without Pru handing over this procedure. And as you can see from the current web page clone of the PoH Listings resp. Pru's PoH Listings .. for 167 of the 186 PoH Listings entries there I am lacking any owner information - so I cannot contact them, or ask about the status, or post a group note to that existing "PoH group".
If this ominous house sign post thingy would provide this data, I have not been informed yet how to access this maybe-database.

So I have to ask for the patience of all forum members.

And that's a photo of me a.t.m. (except it's pitch-dark) 😆

out-on-a-limb.png

Edited by RobertRhodan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you get a place and discover that it is listed in Robert's open house system by some previous owner, and you want it removed ---- please contact Robert and he will help you.

Robert and some of his BBB teammates are still trying to figure out the best way to automate and improve a system to let people show their homes to interested parties. At some point there this will all get finalized, and we will have an amazing system.

In the meanwhile, Robert wants this transition period to be as easy as possible on everyone. He will manually help those who contact him to remove their home from the listing. But you do need to contact him -- he doesnt have a way to know about problems if you dont tell him :)

• Thanks 3

Info NC on "PoH Future / Pru" now finally sent to the "Bellisseria Parade of Homes" Group secondlife:///app/group/5ba26786-df18-668b-f4da-1fb1adb798ad/about as well (didn't have send perms before to inform the folks about what is happening)

Edited by RobertRhodan
  • Like 2

Realized yet another idea, Nika Talaj mentioned in the "bellisserians-show-off-your-home-and-garden" forum:
The new V0.5 of the  BBB's "Parade of Homes Listings" does now show an additional column by which owners' can have me add links to more pictures of their amazing homes in addition to the "appetizer" of the displayed house and interior decoration photo.
Just shift-refresh the browser or HUD to have the new version and content at your fingertips..

Hoping for content for this new listing column .. just IM me your links in-world, dear home owners - I will not open the tool to anyone adding picture links by themselves .. PoH-OH publishing will not be responsible for user-added content in this pictures link columns -  notify BBB about any unfit content.

Edited by RobertRhodan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

Over at the "Bellisseria Bureau of Bureaucracy" ( http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Swordfish/205/58/39 )

Touching this sign for the Parade of Homes group;

image.thumb.png.94eaaa20d4077ba9738597ccf9b3cd8d.png

Just brings up the "This object is not for sale." prompt.

I suspect it should be giving me group joiner information instead? ;)

will be checking about this asap .. thx for the "heads up"

• Like 2

13 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

Over at the "Bellisseria Bureau of Bureaucracy" ( http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Swordfish/205/58/39 )

Touching this sign for the Parade of Homes group;

image.thumb.png.94eaaa20d4077ba9738597ccf9b3cd8d.png

Just brings up the "This object is not for sale." prompt.

I suspect it should be giving me group joiner information instead? ;)

Issue is fixed now -- thank you for bringing it to our attention UnilWay

• Like 2

PoH-OH-Listings welcomes Marianne Little and Ingrid Ingersoll

Plz always shift-refresh to see the most current content on the PoH-OH-Listings Webpage.
Also note the new column "More pictures linked by owner" .. it can also contain a link to an album of interior deco photos.

Carson Cobert's "Leeward Stilty Outpost" has a new SLURL, of course updated in the webpage.

Screenshots from the webpage:

PoH-OH-NewEntries.png

Edited by RobertRhodan
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

A new >>> Application Form <<< to request adding one's home to the "Parade of Homes / Open Homes Listings" is provided.

When you click SUBMIT the data is emailed to me .. no need to IM me anymore.
In the link fields for your home photos and interior decoration photos you can e.g. use a Gyazo screenshot and copy/paste the links into the AppForm, or reference any webpage link to Flickr, ...
The AppForm will also be referenced via the BBB Gazette, and on the "Parade of Homes / Open Homes Listings" .

Edited by RobertRhodan
  • Like 1

[ Significant Progress for the  "Parade of Homes / Open Homes Listings"  (webpage and HUD) ]

for the 188 entries I now have identified and updated (based on Pru's content and great work):
174 SLURLs = 93%
115 owner names = 62%
126 "established" dates = 67%
9 "retirements"

Just shift-refresh the webpage resp. the inworld-HUD to obtain the most recent content (updated 10/1/2022 12:30 AM SLT).

Note that the webpage and the HUD contents are auto-generated by 1 mouse-click ... so in case you find something needing a correction, do not hesitate to contact me ( robertrhodan (no space, no dot) UUID key 9807578f-529c-4870-8017-5b5f05a25c70)

(/me praises the wonderful VLOOKUP spreadsheet function, plus data dump of the previous database, plus Google App script)🙂

Edited by RobertRhodan
  • Like 1

On 9/27/2022 at 3:15 AM, RobertRhodan said:

A new >>> Application Form <<< to request adding one's home to the "Parade of Homes / Open Homes Listings" is provided.

replace above link by this improved one: New Application Form

PoH/OH website/HUD is fairly stable now .. I will therefore discontinue posting about the PoH/OH in this forum from now on. For any news plz refer to the BBB Gazette and the PoH group
Thanks for your patience in the transition process .. Robert Rhodan

Edited by RobertRhodan
  • Like 2

On 10/5/2022 at 8:00 PM, RobertRhodan said:

PoH/OH website/HUD is fairly stable now .. I will therefore discontinue posting about the PoH/OH in this forum from now on. For any news plz refer to the BBB Gazette and the PoH group
Thanks for your patience in the transition process .. Robert Rhodan

Just a final note on improvements for PoH/OH Listings:
+1: all photos now based on hi-res originals ( > 1200x768 pixels )
+2: click on any photo opens separate hi-resolution window for detailed view 🙂
+3: content windows scale with browser window size
+4: successive adding of more interior deco photos in the next weeks, category by category 🙂
+5: link to an owners' picture album can be added
(1..3: not applicable for the in-world HUD version)

Simply shift-refresh the webpage or HUD to obtain the new release

Edited by RobertRhodan
  • Thanks 4