Bellisseria Parade of Homes Review Blog

PrudenceAnton

01/02/2022
Parade Of Homes 2022 Calendar

The staff at Parade of Homes Review hope you enjoy our gift.
6a00d83451f09b69e20282e13c9c8d200b-500wi

A 2022 Calendar, featuring photos of some of the homes on our listing. Just rez the calendar, it's only 1 LI, and place it on a wall. Each month a new photo image will be revealed, showcasing that month's photo. We hope you all enjoy our gift. Stop by and pick up a calendar at the Parade of Homes Office.
Landmark:  Parade of Homes Office

Cover Photo by: Prudence Anton
Photos by: Teresa Firelight
Scripting & Calendar template by: North Crannock

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

• 1 month later...

PoH: Place of Interest - The Switching Post

6a00d83451f09b69e202942f98e519200c-pi

This week's article by Teresa Firelight is a Resident Owned Place of Interest, 'The Switching Post' 
https://lastditch.typepad.com/belli_parade_of_homes/
Also find our newly added listings for the week of 13.02.22.

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Parade of Homes: Resident Owned Place of Interest - Sweet Blooms Florist
This week's feature article by Teresa Firelight showcases the Sweet Blooms Florist shoppe.

865216043_1-ShopFront.thumb.jpg.406b07cec50e2638544fcfe6413fd469.jpg

Also find our recently added homes listing at the bottom of her article.  There are 6 new additions, including some of the newly released Newbrooke home models.

• Like 9

Parade of Homes: Home of the Week - Sakura House

2134925446_1-Exterior.thumb.jpg.985ad5907781578e6f9f4a9aab24007c.jpg

This week's feature article by Teresa Firelight showcases a lovely Newbrooke home called Sakura House.

Also find our recently added homes listing at the bottom of  her article.  There are 2 new additions this week.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Parade Of Homes Video - Newbrooke Home Models 

Newbrooke Model Homes Video

This week we are happy to present a video by BBB's Videographer, Sceneris, featuring decorated Newbrooke Model homes by some of our Parade of Homes residents. Sit back and enjoy.

Also check out our newly added listings.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Parade of Homes  - Create Landscape Beauty for Your Home
6a00d83451f09b69e202a30d3ecded200b-pi

Make Your Home Beautiful

This week Teresa Firelight has an exciting new  feature article for us. Also find our newly added homes listings at the bottom of her article.

https://lastditch.typepad.com/belli_parade_of_homes/2022/06/create-landscape-beauty-for-your-home.html

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Our newest video features how to beautifully decorate your Bellissiera home using a Multi-Scene rezzer (not temp prims).  The model for this film is the Newbrooke Gatewood home for a Zooby family. This will work as well for just changing your scenery or holiday prep set up.

A feature article will be coming out in 2 weeks time in Parade of Homes, watch for it.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2022 at 6:04 PM, PrudenceAnton said:

Featured Home This Week : Bridgeport Traditional Home 
This week's feature article by Teresa Firelight. A beautifully decorated Traditional Home.  Bridgeport.

1041270093_1-bridgeportExterior.thumb.png.4c9e1ff12ac7d99eadb115935517b6fc.png

17 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

@PrudenceAntonThanks for all the work you have been doing on listing and publishing the Parade of Homes!

Totally Agree, Parade of homes is so much fun. To be allowed to visit pls homes and see the different styles. And to be able to see the owners personality shine through 👏❤️ Cant Thank you enough all of you who dedicate your time in this project ❤️❤️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

"Sort of" continuation of Pru's excellent "Parade of Homes" work plus Gingir's "Public Homes" plus references to some of Teresa's visits blog with other means_

Plz note the article "NEW OPEN HOMES HUD" (in-world) in the BBB Gazette Edition of 9/17/2022 ( https://lastditch.typepad.com/bbbgazette/ ), how the PoH lives on in another form; also see https://robertrhodan.de/index-PoH.html for the off-world catalogue. Both in-world HUD and off-world catalogue collected the so far 186 entries with house and - where available - interior decoration photos, SLURLs, owners'/donators' comments. The catalogues will be automatically updated whenever application forms or feedbacks are received (a simple refresh in the browser or HUD suffices to see the most recent content, no need to re-install anything).

As written in the Gazette article, the HUD can be collected from a new dispenser at BBB's HQ ( http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Swordfish/207/45/33 ); usage description is included, and is basically identical to the StaFi HUD (stamp finder HUD).

PoHOHHUD.png

Edited by RobertRhodan

2 hours ago, RobertRhodan said:

how the PoH lives on in another form;

Please explain.  Is the Parade of Homes Official Listings no longer being updated?

I tried the HUD and it does not seem to have current info either.

How are residents that have places of interest or open homes supposed to communicate those changes?

Are you sure a HUD is a good idea? Doesn't that make things more complicated? What was wrong with just a blog on a website?

(the hud is big and not resizeable... I prefer having the list of homes to visit in a window that is NOT in my viewer)

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 1

Hi Diamond

A) HUD is just one of two options .. as you prefer to view in a window not in your viewer, just use  https://robertrhodan.de/index-PoH.html (identical content, and resizable) instead of wearing the HUD. Simply refresh to obtain most current contents. This webpage option is much easier than the HUD version, but many users wished an in-world variant too.

B) Parade of Homes Official Listings vs https://robertrhodan.de/index-PoH.html :
I don't see a difference of content, except for the publication method (blog vs. webpage). Plz explain.

C) Communication of re-locations, new open homes / places of interest / photo updates ...: use same method as before: via application form .. so far I think any proud owner/donator can just forward the application form to me directly or via BBB post office.

D) Current content: I've tried to add all content from all resources of all time periods I could collect .. what you see on the webpage should be identical to the PoH listings way back to 10/2021 plus additional houses from other blogs (e.g. Teresa's house visits) and from Gingir's #public-homes.

A personal comment:
I am aware that loosing on very short notice a well-received blog and established method to publish is never pleasant, but I tried to compensate and continue the wonderful work of Pru et al. within a few days since her withdrawal, as volunteered, unpaid, and LL-unassociated investment of hours of my lifetime ... as many folks within the BBB team also dedicate work to the community for free. And, of course, I am open to suggestion, ideas, change requests, ...
IMHO, at least the webpage https://robertrhodan.de/index-PoH.html is nearly the same as Parade of Homes Official Listings, with quick jumps to house categories plus column with interior deco plus SLURLs plus owner/donator comments .. so plz kindly accept this attempt to let a good thing not die all of a sudden but to continue it - though with other means available to me.

Regards - Robert, BBB Team

Edited by RobertRhodan
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RobertRhodan said:

so plz kindly accept this attempt to let a good thing not die all of a sudden but to continue it

great, ty

Question is, how do we communicate additions, deletions, or moves? I was confused by item C above. Is using the old  update link the BEST way? Why would we need to "forward" anything to you?

Also is the Bellisseria : Parade of Homes group still active? There are no notices there that inform about changes.

One more thing (ha ha). IMHO, a simple list (with SLURLs) of PoH homes is all that is needed. The forum already has a thread for beautiful pictures of Linden Homes, not limited to PoH homes. When you want to visit, it is because you want to see a home of a particular theme and/or check out furniture or landscaping for ideas. Some might decide which home to visit based on a photo but not me. The fact that it is in the PoH means the owner is proud of it and it is probably worth a trip. Also people (like me) are constantly updating their home, so any pictures may be out of date.

• Like 1

t.b.h., Diamond .. I do not know yet, as stepping-in was on such short notice, and I need to wait until Pru will be occasionally / rarely online again .. she mentioned about an automation with sign posts placed at homes, but we were not able to discuss this in the faintest detail yet. I do not know when her RL involvement will allow her a handover of these tools  (as always: RL comes first) ... which I why I'm suggesting a workaround for the time being by "forwarding" as I do not know yet to whom the update link is connecting.

I wasn't informed there is a special group too - thanks to you for mentioning it .... so this is why there is no announcement via a group note but just via the Gazette and this forum. Hope Teresa is able to guide me / add me / or post a group note referring to the Gazette article.

Thank you for your understanding, and that some things still need to be worked out. I do appreciate your support and much longer experience in this PoH transition phase.

Regards - Robert

Edited by RobertRhodan
  • Like 1

I think, Robert, you're getting questions because this all comes as a shock to those of us in the forums who do not follow the Gazette.  But, to briefly recap what appears to have happened, it appears that Pru has had to abruptly step back from her BBB (and possibly SL) involvement due to RL events.  I imagine that she has not had time to pass off the POH blog so that others could update it, so you, Robert, have stepped in to provide another method to access and keep updating the list of homes?  Very kind of you.

There seems to be little known other than the Gazette article Robert references in his first post above.  I hope - I'm sure all those reading hope  - that all will be well with Pru and her RL connections.  As those in the BBB and her closer friends learn more, I hope they will share as appropriate.  Until then, let's all send strength to Pru and hers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Is this only of interest to Bellisseria residents and LH owners? 

Assuming "this" means the Parade of Homes listings, I believe it is very useful to anyone who is interested in Linden Homes, either as a prospective Linden Home owner trying to pick a theme or to an existing home owner looking for tips on decorating and landscaping.

(And also to proud home owners who want to show off their home 🙂)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

Assuming "this" means the Parade of Homes listings, I believe it is very useful to anyone who is interested in Linden Homes, either as a prospective Linden Home owner trying to pick a theme or to an existing home owner looking for tips on decorating and landscaping.

(And also to proud home owners who want to show off their home 🙂)

Yes, I was unintentionally vague - specifically the Parade of Homes, related magazines, etc. I certainly didn't mean updates on Pru.

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Is this only of interest to Bellisseria residents and LH owners? 

The original PoH was focused on Belli and LHs, and the show-off of amazingly cozy admirable setups there, just as Diamond wrote in her reply. Hence, when you look at the quick jump list on top of the new webpage or HUD, you recognize all the current 186 LH house examples grouped by types (Stilt, Victorian, ...) neatly, exactly as Pru did in her listings.

But as I started integrating Gingir's Public Homes, I suggest we might just allow other, non-Belli home owners to show their interior decoration examples by an essential photo (with references in the comments column) too - as long as they have open houses as well you are allowed to visit - but under a separate group than the LH types, e.g. "Non_Belli Open Homes with Interior Deco Ideas" - thus it would not interfere with or confuse anyone seeking advice for a specific Belli LH house type.
I will listen to your feedbacks though.

Also, I assume Teresa will keep up her blog about house visits and decoration hints, and when she does, I will reference these homes and interior deco pictures on the webpage and HUD as well.

QuickJumps.png

Edited by RobertRhodan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, RobertRhodan said:

The original PoH was focused on Belli and LHs, and the show-off of amazingly cozy admirable setups there, just as Diamond wrote in her reply. Hence, when you look at the quick jump list on top of the new webpage or HUD, you recognize all the current 186 LH house examples grouped by types (Stilt, Victorian, ...) neatly, exactly as Pru did in her listings.

But as I started integrating Gingir's Public Homes, I suggest we might just allow other, non-Belli home owners to show their interior decoration examples by an essential photo (with references in the comments column) too - as long as they have open houses as well you are allowed to visit - but under a separate group than the LH types, e.g. "Non_Belli Open Homes with Interior Deco Ideas" - thus it would not interfere with or confuse anyone seeking advice for a specific Belli LH house type.
I will listen to your feedbacks though.

Also, I assume Teresa will keep up her blog about house visits and decoration hints, and when she does, I will reference these homes and interior deco pictures on the webpage and HUD as well.

QuickJumps.png

I like the idea of expanding to Non-Linden homes. I say this totally out of my own interest, haha. I can't show off anything, since I do not have a Bellisseria home now. I am lurking around to see if I jump back when a new theme is released.

Since this is your webpage, and you that has all the work with it, I think you are totally free to use it for more that Bellisseria only. It is a good public service, as long as you avoid confusion, and group it as you say. Maybe split Non-Linden homes in two, "Mainland" and "Private Estate".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1