Noob question

Lewis Luminos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

From someone who doesn't often bother with a Linden Home - this thing about getting 5 re-rolls per 24 hours, is that 24 hours from midnight to midnight, or is it a rolling 24 hours from the first roll?

I actually did all five rolls a couple of months ago and was astonished to discover that it was 24 hours from the last roll. After that I made sure to space them out and didn't get locked out again.

• Thanks 2

If I roll at 3pm SLT and then again at 5PM SL time and every two hours after that until I exhaust all 5 rolls within a 24-hour period, I can roll again at 3pm SLT the next day but only once and not again until 5pm SLT and every two hours after until I have exhausted the five again. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

If I roll at 3pm SLT and then again at 5PM SL time and every two hours after that until I exhaust all 5 rolls within a 24-hour period, I can roll again at 3pm SLT the next day but only once and not again until 5pm SLT and every two hours after until I have exhausted the five again. 

Well said Mercedes. You explained that very well.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

Yes, spacing out the attempts worked well for me too

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Always Incognito said:

Im still a bit lost (maybee language problems) so if I roll too early i will lose one of my 5 rolls that day?

Although the term ‘day’ is used, it’s actually referring to a 24 hour period. The counts do not reset at midnight on any time zone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Always Incognito said:

Im still a bit lost (maybe language problems) so if I roll too early i will lose one of my 5 rolls that day?

Making a roll "too early" isn't even possible. If all 5 of your rolls were less than 24 hours ago you will not be allowed to make another at all.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sister Nova said:

Although the term ‘day’ is used, it’s actually referring to a 24 hour period. The counts do not reset at midnight on any time zone.

But if I abandon today at 6 then try to roll tomorrow before 6 (cos i forgot the time) and get the message i have to wait . Have i burned 1 roll then because i rolled too early? I feel daft 😳

Thanks @Maitimo now i understand 🧡

Edited by Always Incognito

2 minutes ago, Always Incognito said:

But if I abandon today at 6 then try to roll tomorrow before 6 (cos i forgot the time) and get the message i have to wait . Have i burned 1 roll then because i rolled too early? I feel daft 😳

Don’t feel daft, it really isn’t explained clearly. No, you won’t have lost a roll because it’s actual abandons that are counted, not attempts to get a parcel. :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moles

Think of it like this way..... You have 5 attempts. Think of them like tokens. When you get a home you use one of those tokens. That token can't be used again for 24 hours. When you have used all 5, you cannot try again until one of your tokens is available once more.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Thanks a lot! I counted my rolls and in the last one (some days ago) I was to slow so someone had taken it before me (a stilt ofc. i was only after the package and would have left it anywo). But after that I didnt get anymore roll so i guess u can lose 1 attempt if u are too slow and ”burn” a roll 🤔

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.