Bummer, can't get my dog back again

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1082 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If this is anything like Zooby babies you have to use a retrieval box (like the one in your photo that has a script error) to get the animal back. If you just rejoined you probably have an out of date retrieval box.  They give them out free for the babies but not sure about the animals.  Join the group for the zooby pets and ask in there. They will be able to tell you exactly how to retrieve it.  

secondlife:///app/group/38fb89b9-4468-74ed-9d98-5a8c049faef6/about

Try that group because I couldn't find a specific Zooby pet group. They will be able to help or at least point you to where to get help.

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian

2 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

If this is anything like Zooby babies you have to use a retrieval box (like the one in your photo that has a script error) to get the animal back. If you just rejoined you probably have an out of date retrieval box.  They give them out free for the babies but not sure about the animals.  Join the group for the zooby pets and ask in there. They will be able to tell you exactly how to retrieve it.  

secondlife:///app/group/38fb89b9-4468-74ed-9d98-5a8c049faef6/about

Try that group because I couldn't find a specific Zooby pet group. They will be able to help or at least point you to where to get help.

Oh I went to the Zooby store in-world and got a new box. It didn't work either.

1 minute ago, AnnHerrick said:

I'm certainly never buying anything from Zooby's again.

Well that's not fair to say because you don't know how to use their system.  Joining the specific product group in-world and asking for help in there is going to be the number one way to get assistance.  This forum can try to help but unless they have the same pet they can only guess.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaylinbridges said:

what was the inventory name for the dog?  you searched in All Items and All Types, and found nothing?

Dog's name is Sam. Absolutely nowhere in the inventory, and I have one of the only organized inventories in SL.

4 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

Dog's name is Sam. Absolutely nowhere in the inventory, and I have one of the only organized inventories in SL.

Ok...well you can continue to b#tch and whine in here or join a Zooby group and ask people that will KNOW how to fix it. Up to you.

It could also be that you can't use those Zooby's in a Linden home either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Ok...well you can continue to b#tch and whine in here or join a Zooby group and ask people that will KNOW how to fix it. Up to you.

I just joined the group, and since you like being nasty I'm putting you on ignore.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

It could also be that you can't use those Zooby's in a Linden home either.

Nothing in the Linden Home covenant or the home/parcel itself would prevent a Zooby item from rezzing.  Lots of folks with Linden Homes have Zooby babies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If so, it should still show when inventory is searched.

Unless she is a fastidious Deleter to keep her inventory tidy.

My partner has a Zooby tiger - I wonder if the actual manual has more information?   Usually these non copy breeder tools use a private web database.  I assume she has registered Sam with the Zooby database:

Immediately after rezzing, text appears that says,
"Please wait while I register myself..."
"Name me! Click me and type my name in chat."You should type a new dog name in chat. If you miss this info then click your dog and try again.
Once you type your dogs name in chat, a menu appears asking you to identify your dogs gender. Select Male or Female. Your dog is registered to our database and you are officially the owner.

*IMPORTANT*
DO NOT PASS YOUR DOG TO ANYONE UNTIL YOU REZ AND REGISTER IT! If you pass your dog to someone before rezzing and naming it,  we cannot track your dog because our database will not identify you as an owner.

If you lose your dog please go to Zooby's in the Curious Canine aisle to receive a free Curious Canine Retrieval Box.  

That's all I know from the Info cards.

• Like 2

If you do get your dog back, before you attach him again, you might want to check to find out the preferred way for him to be removed afterwards.  I've not had a Zooby  pet before, but I know with KittyCats which can be attached to be carried around, once they attach there is a message in local chat to "drop" them instead of "detach" them, so that they don't get lost.  It would be worth checking with the Zooby group if that is true for the Zooby pets as well.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

My partner has a Zooby tiger - I wonder if the actual manual has more information?   Usually these non copy breeder tools use a private web database.  I assume she has registered Sam with the Zooby database:

Immediately after rezzing, text appears that says,
"Please wait while I register myself..."
"Name me! Click me and type my name in chat."You should type a new dog name in chat. If you miss this info then click your dog and try again.
Once you type your dogs name in chat, a menu appears asking you to identify your dogs gender. Select Male or Female. Your dog is registered to our database and you are officially the owner.

*IMPORTANT*
DO NOT PASS YOUR DOG TO ANYONE UNTIL YOU REZ AND REGISTER IT! If you pass your dog to someone before rezzing and naming it,  we cannot track your dog because our database will not identify you as an owner.

If you lose your dog please go to Zooby's in the Curious Canine aisle to receive a free Curious Canine Retrieval Box.  

That's all I know from the Info cards.

This right here. It's not in her inventory anymore. It's gone. She has to follow the steps and use a retrieval box to get it back. If the retrivial box is not working then she needs to contact Zooby support.

2 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:
9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If so, it should still show when inventory is searched.

She said that she uses Firestorm.  I attached an object to myself (in Firestorm) and then right clicked to see the options.  I can't even find a Delete option - even after clicking More.  There is Detach and Drop.  

• Thanks 1

This part, shown in chat, implies that the system does know about Sam:

image.png.4902746bec8cea9f9f6af0d6d001f35b.png

My guess is that the script error part is because your Sam is too old of a version -- i.e. not version 10.0 or any other version that it can automatically recover.  Thus it is likely that the only option for recovery will be via the owner and/or support staff.

Per the instructions on the Creator's profile, you should IM Anne Whimsy & lilymai1 Resident for customer service.

Side note - I think you had mentioned in another thread that this dog was no longer being made, but I do find a German Shepherd at the Zooby inworld store:

image.png.3dc153c8352d323dace9c9ada8e72682.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1082 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.