How can I tell where it's allowed to rez my dog?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In the past, before my two year absence I would sometimes try to rez my dog at a sim, only to have him vanish and get a notice that I'm not allowed to rez him there, and then I'd have to go through a hassle to get him back. Is there a way you can tell if you can't rez your dog there?

Just now, AnnHerrick said:

In the past, before my two year absence I would sometimes try to rez my dog at a sim, only to have him vanish and get a notice that I'm not allowed to rez him there, and then I'd have to go through a hassle to get him back. Is there a way you can tell if you can't rez your dog there?

The top of my viewer shows little icons by the parcel name.  Those icons indicate the permissions or not.  I think the one for 'build', which is 'rez', is a little box.

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

The top of my viewer shows little icons by the parcel name.  Those icons indicate the permissions or not.  I think the one for 'build', which is 'rez', is a little box.

Okay, I'm a Calas now, and if I mouse over that little box it says "building, dropping objects not allowed." So I can't rez my dog there? I'm guessing that's what it means.

5 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

Okay, I'm a Calas now, and if I mouse over that little box it says "building, dropping objects not allowed." So I can't rez my dog there? I'm guessing that's what it means.

Correct - that means you should not try to rez the dog.

5 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

He's not wearable?  A lot of the newer ones are 'companions' and you wear instead of rez and it follows you around.  Check out Jian and Rezz Room.  Great animals in both stores.

Second Life Marketplace - [Rezz Room] by bartazor

• Like 1

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

He's not wearable?  A lot of the newer ones are 'companions' and you wear instead of rez and it follows you around.  Check out Jian and Rezz Room.  Great animals in both stores.

Well, he does have a leash, maybe that's it, and I'd have to have him leashed before arriving so he's attached to me.

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Do what Rowan said, get a companion pet from Jian or Rezz Room, you can take them anywhere

I don't know if its still there (and I'm at work right now so I can't log in to check) but there used to be a rez spot at Calas Galadhon, in the main sim at the end of the street near the stable. You have to join the group to get permission.

I have a Zooby dog and the instruction manual says this:

(5) ----WALK DOG EVERYWHERE IN SL

After you rezz your dog on the ground, locate your leash handle in your inventory, right click and wear it.  The leash should automatically recognize the dog.  Next click the dog, click Leash button and click ATTACH PET.  A blue menu appears asking you to animate your avatar. Click YES. Once the pet and the leash are attached to you, you will then be able to walk the pet and teleport all over SL.  

Suggest you take a look at the instructions for yours in case it's a different version from mine. 

once leashed, you can teleport to Calas or anywhere else and you won't need to have rez permissions in the destination land.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AnnHerrick said:

Well, he does have a leash, maybe that's it, and I'd have to have him leashed before arriving so he's attached to me.

All Zooby Canines can be Attached to your avatar, which allows  you to take your dog anywhere.   You have to attach him at your home or a rezz zone first.  They are like most breedables and pets - attach and wander all over the grid.

"Attach - Allows you to hold a small dog in your arm or walk a large or small dog next to you on the ground. This is a useful feature to take your dog all over SL on land that does not allow you to rez objects."

You have a Dog Menu.  Attach is one of the many buttons.

"Leash - Allows you to walk your dog on a leash and take it all over SL. You must use a leash for this feature to work"

You should also have all the Notecards that explain in detail all about your dog, from Zooby.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Zoobyland/80/176/21

That will take you to right in front of your Zooby German Sheperd, where you can click in INFO to get all the notecards.   Once you buy the dog, which you already have, you can also read the manual. :)

Edited by Jaylinbridges

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.