Thank you Linden Lab

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1025 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Well then ... this is either 

1. The change hasn't spread to everyone yet.
  2. This is some AB testing nonsense to determine the impact of the new logo on SLM sales and metrics.

I really hope it's just #1

Its probably #2. I'll throw $10 on it.

remember lots of the pages are still based on the old lithium hosting they used to use too.  so it might take a while to unjumble that mess.    ask me how I know...   hate moving from self hosted to hosted platforms and than to others or back to self hosted, something is always broken or lost or is basically hard to fix and redo at times.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

remember lots of the pages are still based on the old lithium hosting they used to use too.  so it might take a while to unjumble that mess.    ask me how I know...   hate moving from self hosted to hosted platforms and than to others or back to self hosted, something is always broken or lost or is basically hard to fix and redo at times.

Yeah but they’ve had plenty of time to unjumble it all. Going on 10 years now? Look at their corporate site. It’s nice. The SL sites looks like it’s all lost in ancient times. I don’t get why they don’t hire an outside team to redo it all. I waited years for the new MP logo. It’s their super slow snail crawl to do even the smallest and easiest things that’s frustrating. 

But then again…now that I think about it…maybe the websites current mix of old (everything behind the front page) and new (new logo, front page, updated forums) does actually represent Second Life. We still have the old prims beside the new mesh. Hmmm….

32 minutes ago, Chris Nova said:

Yeah but they’ve had plenty of time to unjumble it all. Going on 10 years now? Look at their corporate site. It’s nice. The SL sites looks like it’s all lost in ancient times. I don’t get why they don’t hire an outside team to redo it all. I waited years for the new MP logo. It’s their super slow snail crawl to do even the smallest and easiest things that’s frustrating. 

But then again…now that I think about it…maybe the websites current mix of old (everything behind the front page) and new (new logo, front page, updated forums) does actually represent Second Life. We still have the old prims beside the new mesh. Hmmm….

Problem is and will remain, how many people are assigned to web development,  it could be a needle in a haystack type situation.   been there done that many many times personally,  or this is a side project of some ones, it is what it is right now and that's how it is.

4 hours ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

Mayyybe they are testing which version looks the best? XD I really hope its just that x3

So do I. I think the blue hand with no background is the best. The blue background with the white hand looks a bit messy to me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1025 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.