How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

We're naming the centre after Dorothy Pitman Hughes, who, mostly famously, appeared in an iconic photo with Gloria Steinem raising her fist in salute, but who was more importantly a pioneering black feminist and a passionate child welfare advocate who opened a community-run cooperative daycare for local working women in the late 60s, the West 80th Community Childcare Center. She also founded the New York City Agency for Child Development. (Clicking on the sign opens a page about her.) She seemed a really appropriate woman to celebrate in this context.

Daycare-Blank.thumb.png.d4b7a03758a77ce1caf76a9c7b78c0b9.png

Lovely work, a sweet story and thank you for naming/dedicating your wonderful playground to Dorothy Pitman Hughes!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I'm so happy happy, I have made a picture wall. Handmade in blender! The woodgrain bends 45 degrees in the corners, as they should. 2 days ago, I could not do it. And the whole wall, is 0.5 land impact and 0.2 download. Meaning I can make a second picture collection - different frames and motives - link those for 1 land impact! Yeah, this will save me land impact.

my frames_001.png

I wish I could emote a happier emotion. The joy of making is nonunderstandable. Love your work.

• Like 2

Cat and I visiting Archangel's Dutch Estate. It's just GORGEOUS!!! We found the wine cellar, which we thought at first was a dungeon. That was just projection on our part, because of our lifestyle. I couldn't take many pics, because Cat runs around so fast, I can't follow her and take pics at the same time. We were there for over an hour. 

Being there led us to an insightful discussion and inspiration. 

Cat and I Dutch Estate 5.png

Cat and I Dutch Estate.png

Cat and I Dutch Estate Cellar.png

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

Cat and I visiting Archangel's Dutch Estate. It's just GORGEOUS!!! We found the wine cellar, which we thought at first was a dungeon. That was just projection on our part, because of our lifestyle. I couldn't take many pics, because Cat runs around so fast, I can't follow her and take pics at the same time. We were there for over an hour. 

Being there led us to an insightful discussion and inspiration. 

Cat and I Dutch Estate 5.png

Cat and I Dutch Estate.png

Cat and I Dutch Estate Cellar.png

Great you've been to Dutch estate! Ah, the cellar! Last year I' ve had there wall rings from Dutchie. Next time I will place them back LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, archangel969 said:

Great you've been to Dutch estate! Ah, the cellar! Last year I' ve had there wall rings from Dutchie. Next time I will place them back LOL

/me smiles. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

Picture thread, ok, so this duck is way too jaggy but was fun.

image.thumb.jpeg.006104ade4a41c6efe841fbecc0f0867.jpeg

edit: in the duck designer's defense, the duck was intended to be way smaller, like bathtub sized, not sim sized. Still, way cute!

I love it! 🥰❤  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Inspired by the mega duck, I decided to get a rubber duckie boat in search of other elusive mega ducks, I went far and wide.. have faced many obstacles, and even fought off pirates!

Snapshot_1381.thumb.png.cffd8f3c7f9be11024aba112343141c4.png

I know somewhere, there must be more mega rubber duckies.  

Update:
None so far, but I am appreciating the beauty of Bellisseria

Snapshot_1392.thumb.png.bd63b35e32ec0051c1ca3abff3ab9428.png

Rubber duckie boat is pretty good at crossing regions too!

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

IF I am your mega duck queen, simply ask for more, I have fleets. Our region celebrates you for your bravery, you may have whichever title suits you best, Knight of a Thousand Rubber Ducks.

Thank you!  For now the rubber duckie boat has proven to be nearly indestructible, I have rammed many an obstacle that dare cross our path and have triumphed thus far 🙃  I'm but a simple fairy on a duckie, in need of no title, perhaps an anchor though because I can't seem to stop 🤣

Snapshot_1393.thumb.png.70dda1ed599b9b78b0d7a50ca424aa55.png

I've just recently reached mainland!  Hopefully no zero second orbs will get in the way of my search for mega duckies.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Istelathis said:

Yes!  All hail Mega Chicken and skelebobs 🤣

Wow, Is, I stepped away for ONE SECOND to get you better ducks and then this? Well, if it is for Marigold then I will follow you, although now it's up to you to make these chickens float.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Had to go AFK for a bit, and found myself back in Bellisseria 😜

Snapshot_1395.thumb.png.50e2d009e7a4018e48b7cea14f1e64b7.png

I wonder how long I have just been floating here, it is a good spot to stay while I go off again in search of some pizza as I don't want to lose all of the ground I have covered whilst in search of the mega duck.

I just hope the owner doesn't come back to a fairy on a duck, at the end of their pier and wonder what the heck is happening 🤣  I should set my away message in the event that they try to send me a tell asking what I am up to.  

1 hour ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

Wow, Is, I stepped away for ONE SECOND to get you better ducks and then this? Well, if it is for Marigold then I will follow you, although now it's up to you to make these chickens float.

🤣 The search for the mega duck continues, but I am also on the lookout for mega chickens that may be up to whatever shenanigans mega chickens do.  Can you imagine the size of their eggs though?  I mean, at the going rate of eggs I could save a fortune 🤑 If I find one, we could all be rich!  I'll need the skelebobs to move the eggs to the market as they would be too heavy for me.

We could make a bunch of Dutch Pancakes for @archangel969 too 🙃 

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Had to go AFK for a bit, and found myself back in Bellisseria 😜

Snapshot_1395.thumb.png.50e2d009e7a4018e48b7cea14f1e64b7.png

I wonder how long I have just been floating here, it is a good spot to stay while I go off again in search of some pizza as I don't want to lose all of the ground I have covered whilst in search of the mega duck.

I just hope the owner doesn't come back to a fairy on a duck, at the end of their pier and wonder what the heck is happening 🤣  I should set my away message in the event that they try to send me a tell asking what I am up to.  

🤣 The search for the mega duck continues, but I am on the look out for mega chickens that may be up to whatever shenanigans mega chickens do.  Can you imagine the size of their eggs though?  I mean, at the going rate of eggs I could save a fortune 🤑 If I find one, we could all be rich!  I'll need the skelebobs to move the eggs to the market as they would be too heavy for me.

We could make a bunch of Dutch Pancakes for @archangel969 too 🙃 

Minions! Pay attention! Good job on your chicken search, but we do not eat eggs. If you have ever had an Easter you know only candy and toys come out of eggs, go find those.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

Hush, this is what happened when I flooded my region, in another thread I discovered I could raise my sea level!!! lol

image.thumb.jpeg.1d3bbc6f6fc3a962f0b58e2e3111fb4e.jpeg

Did you lower the land, did everything go down with it? When I owned land I never found the flood button, how did you do that?

• Like 3