How Does Your SL Look Today?

17 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Decided to make that 848 roadside I rescued from a micro parcel landflipper (with help from @Clem Marques ) a private residence, since it wasn't really suitable for a park. And yes, I'm gonna put out my bee swarm, with a full parcel scan every 5 seconds. 😂

bjsretreat03.png

Looks great. Glad you found a good use for it!

• Like 4

On 7/19/2024 at 7:10 PM, Bagnu said:

You could go looking for a cage to hold MEN!!! Hmmmpphhh....All the cages I find are meant to hold women only!!!

https://m.facebook.com/groups/FloridaMemes/permalink/4042977759258688/?

Edited by BillFletcher
  • Haha 4

The Happy Hippo Building School sent out a notecard months ago about PBR stuff, and I finally decided this evening to go check out the information they had available.  I don't know that PBR textures or reflection probes will be something I'll ever get too involved with creating (especially PBR textures) but I just wanted to accquaint myself very generally with some of the concepts and terms, in a very simple way.  I had no clue beforehand about the the PBR Materials Layers Editor screen, or that there were some PBR materials in the Inventory Library section. 

20240721HHBSatPandorus_001.thumb.png.e247adecf2ed72ade8139b47db9cd301.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Wandering around SL, checking out my temps after all of the temperature talk on the forums, come take a ride with me 🥰🥰

For those who are curious, perhaps looking for ideas for a new computer and/or perhaps a bit geeky I included the performance Overlay

Viewer:

Alchemy Beta 7.1.9.2492 (64bit)

CPU: 

AMD Ryzen 7 7700 8-Core Processor

GPU:

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 

8gb Vram

Memory:

48278 MB

Display is 1920 x 1080

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

The sim is restarting so we just have to walk outside and down the street in front of the next house.

waiting out the restart

• Like 9

22 hours ago, Istelathis said:

Wandering around SL, checking out my temps after all of the temperature talk on the forums, come take a ride with me 🥰🥰

For those who are curious, perhaps looking for ideas for a new computer and/or perhaps a bit geeky I included the performance Overlay

Viewer:

Alchemy Beta 7.1.9.2492 (64bit)

CPU: 

AMD Ryzen 7 7700 8-Core Processor

GPU:

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 

8gb Vram

Memory:

48278 MB

Display is 1920 x 1080

I'm loving my new 4060ti, it gives good FPS at almost ultra at 1080p

• Like 4

I wanted to give Alchemy a go without my card, opting to use the integrated GPU which is Radeon, it was a bit of a process because I had to disable my nVidia card, then install drivers, then figure out how AMD's overlay works, but I eventually got it to work. 

It wasn't horrible, it wasn't great, the settings were turned pretty low, at around the minute mark I open the preferences to boost my view distance to 256, and turn on shadows and that got a little weird 🤣 That did not last long, as I quickly brought it back down.  I did not play around with the settings after that. 

I should pull my 1050ti laptop out of the closet, and compare the performance to that.  I just don't want to go through the process of finding a spot to put it, then updating Windows, then updating the graphics card, then updating the viewer 🤣  I'm getting lazy I tells ya!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Istelathis said:

I wanted to give Alchemy a go without my card, opting to use the integrated GPU which is Radeon, it was a bit of a process because I had to disable my nVidia card, then install drivers, then figure out how AMD's overlay works, but I eventually got it to work. 

You did that for fun?

Cat up Tree.jpg

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
Original pic too big.
  • Like 6

18 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

You did that for fun?

Cat up Tree.jpg

I'm weird like that 🤣 I've spent days trying to do things like get music streaming through my commodore amiga, then browsing the web on an antiquated browser.  I wanted to find a way to stream SL through it, but haven't had any luck yet.  Most of the time, I don't even know what I am doing, I just like tinkering around until things kind of, sort of, work.  Keep me away from buttons, I'm prone to push them without having knowledge of what they may do.  

image.gif.9db58491a42027d6ead6dadfc9136afa.gif

I've unleashed hordes of zombies in SL by mistake by pushing the wrong button, my neighbors were not at all happy with me, you should have seen the drama on nextdoor, it was, well quite uncivilized😋🪿 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

@Istelathis, have you tried taking a pic of a mirror in Alchemy yet?

Because I just tried. I had everything pretty much maxed out, and the mirror itself worked on screen (at 2048 resolution, so my FPS was like 6), but the reflection does not appear in the pic itself.

Have you been able to make it work in a pic? What am I doing wrong?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

@Istelathis, have you tried taking a pic of a mirror in Alchemy yet?

Because I just tried. I had everything pretty much maxed out, and the mirror itself worked on screen (at 2048 resolution, so my FPS was like 6), but the reflection does not appear in the pic itself.

Have you been able to make it work in a pic? What am I doing wrong?

It only works well for me if I include the interface from the snapshot window.  It is weird, because if you watch just before you open the snapshot window,  without including the interface, you will see your image kind of vanish from the mirror.  With including the interface, it no longer vanishes you.  Hit refresh a bunch of times and you may see what I am saying.  

It is as though it is intentionally trying to erase us!   🤣  I noticed the only way I could get snapshots of mirrors a while back in LL's viewer was by including the interface as well.  

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

It only works well for me if I include the interface from the snapshot window.  It is weird, because if you watch just before you open the snapshot window, or if you have it bound to a key, take a snapshot without including the interface, you will see your image kind of vanish from the mirror.  Hit refresh a bunch of times and you may see what I am saying.  

It is as though it is intentionally trying to erase us!   🤣  I noticed the only way I could get snapshots of mirrors a while back in LL's viewer was by including the interface as well.  

Ah, ok. So not just Alchemy. I'll try it with the interface included (which is a drag but doable) and we'll see if that works!!

Thanks!!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ah, ok. So not just Alchemy.

Nah, I think it is just Alchemy, or at least from what I have tried.  I think perhaps they are just using the same code that an earlier version of LL's viewer did, at least that is my guess.  It should work in FireStorm.

Edit:

Just gave it a shot, it works in firestorm without having interface selected.

Snapshot_084.thumb.png.7040ca84fbf43ee931daa9e93160ce7a.png

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Nah, I think it is just Alchemy, or at least from what I have tried.  I think perhaps they are just using the same code that an earlier version of LL's viewer did, at least that is my guess.  It should work in FireStorm.

Edit:

Just gave it a shot, it works in firestorm without having interface selected.

Snapshot_084.thumb.png.7040ca84fbf43ee931daa9e93160ce7a.png

I'd try it in Firestorm, but there my FPS using the PBR viewer and NO mirrors is lower than it is in Alchemy at Ultra with mirrors on!

I can make this work in Alchemy, even with the interface on!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1