How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

6 hours ago, Spiffy Voxel said:

Mirrors in Second Life are definitely still a work-in-progress. Might be worth reporting this at the Feedback Portal with the animated GIF above as evidence.

Added this to Feedbak https://feedback.secondlife.com/bug-reports/p/mirrors-not-mirroring-particles (it may be merged to another bug report at some point)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bagnu said:

It takes curiosity not bravery. I probably have more time to be in SL than you do. Bravery is about spending time with Cat and Cinny. Those two Ladies do NOT tolerate any form of BS.

I am just about the lowest maintenance, easiest-going friend anyone could have. I ask for nothing except common courtesy and respect.

You are correct about the BS, though.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Yes, but the point was that particles aren't reversed. They should be.

I think you misunderstand how mirrors reflect.

If the text is "This is mirrored text" the word 'This' will be on the person's right side and 'text' on their left. From my left-right as an observer looking at them the 'This' is on my left. If a person, from their perspective, sees the text on their chest in a mirror, it appears mirrored. They may THINK it is reversed. It isn't. It is mirrored.

To understand, raise your right hand. In the mirror it is still the hand on YOUR, the observer's, right side and what we might think of as the image's left hand, if we miss the point of mirrors. It is the hand on the same side as the word 'This'. And the right side of the mirror from the observers point of view.

Wink your right eye. Which eye in the mirror winks?

Move your hand from one ear to the other. If that is an east to west move then the hand in the mirror still moves east to west.

If particles are drifting from the word 'This' toward the word 'text' then in the mirror they will still drift from "This' toward 'text'.

Mirrors are not like lenses. A lens will reverse  left/right and up/down, truly reversing things. In which case a move from E to W will appear to be W to E.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I am just about the lowest maintenance, easiest-going friend anyone could have. I ask for nothing except common courtesy and respect.

You are correct about the BS, though.

I didn't even imply that you were high maintenance, or not easy going. I know you. You aren't. I simply said that you don't tolerate BS. 

A friendship requires much more than mutual courtesy and respect. that is how strangers should treat each other.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

I think you misunderstand how mirrors reflect.

If the text is "This is mirrored text" the word 'This' will be on the person's right side and 'text' on their left. From my left-right as an observer looking at them the 'This' is on my left. If a person, from their perspective, sees the text on their chest in a mirror, it appears mirrored. They may THINK it is reversed. It isn't. It is mirrored.

To understand, raise your right hand. In the mirror it is still the hand on YOUR, the observer's, right side and what we might think of as the image's left hand, if we miss the point of mirrors. It is the hand on the same side as the word 'This'. And the right side of the mirror from the observers point of view.

Wink your right eye. Which eye in the mirror winks?

Move your hand from one ear to the other. If that is an east to west move then the hand in the mirror still moves east to west.

If particles are drifting from the word 'This' toward the word 'text' then in the mirror they will still drift from "This' toward 'text'.

Mirrors are not like lenses. A lens will reverse  left/right and up/down, truly reversing things. In which case a move from E to W will appear to be W to E.

I think I understand your explanation, but the particles are neither mirrored nor reflected.  The words on Doc's shirt are reflected but the particle words "Get a Second Life" are not... so I wonder if its the way particles are rendered... or just something which got missed in development?  Inworld, I can never see the 'other side' of the smoke because the projection of the texture follows my 'eye/camera'.

ac378d3d091910e9f9bf21e035deca9e.png

Edited by BJoyful
afterthoughtfullness and lack of coffee
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bagnu said:

I always love seeing your fuzzy coats!! Celia is SO jealous!!! Which one is that one?

Aw thank you!! I love my fuzzy little coats, and it gets really cold at the beach in the evenings so they are a must! This is where I got this specific fuzzy coat from http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/GABRIEL/128/127/23 it's an older fuzzy coat from 2021, "off-shoulder fur 2021" I hope you're able to find it!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BillFletcher said:

So the girl who isn't Caitlin and I had lunch together.

Lunch

LOL, she doesn't truly look like Caitlin, but that was the first thing that I thought when I saw your pic of her!! I hope you had a great lunch with her!!!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

LOL, she doesn't truly look like Caitlin, but that was the first thing that I thought when I saw your pic of her!! I hope you had a great lunch with her!!!

Lol I didn't really think so, but thought I would play along. It was a working lunch. Did some pictures for a portrait.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BillFletcher said:

Lol I didn't really think so, but thought I would play along. It was a working lunch. Did some pictures for a portrait.

Cat keeps a "signature look", so even if I had names turned off in my collar, I would recognize her AV Not to mention all the little details she wears would be a giveaway. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Cat keeps a "signature look", so even if I had names turned off in my collar, I would recognize her AV Not to mention all the little details she wears would be a giveaway. 

Yes, the details can be significant. I recently met a young lady who at first glance looked almost exactly like another young lady I know, but details such as piercings are very different.

• Like 2