How Does Your SL Look Today?

On 1/25/2024 at 4:58 AM, Sid Nagy said:

I'm on an event for the first time ever with my stuff.
Next week the Valentines Shop And Hop opens. I'm setting up my shop there today.

q012nwg.jpg

I wonder what it will do for sales.
Normally sales drop to zero for me during the first week of a Shop and Hop.
So this time I give it a go and see what happens.

Let us know how it goes... best wishes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

On 1/28/2024 at 12:08 AM, ShaydraPromise said:

Mirror's stillearing.thumb.png.460830ee07f8d62d8120a0c2ca96efd2.pngseeself.thumb.png.708d36f6680474622a4e634461f48d17.pngpbr Ful llength  mirror on SL Viewer with PBR. Mirror at times move like your in diffren't timeline.                                                                    Leave some mirrors at sandboxes. 

I have yet to figure out the fascination with mirrors. They are an interesting new tech in SL... but in a world where my makeup and hair remain perfect, what's the point?

On 1/28/2024 at 11:06 AM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, I'm looking for models for nude watercolours . . .

🙃

Wait... are the models to be painted with watercolors? Or did you mean nude models for a painting done with watercolors?

🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Wait... are the models to be painted with watercolors? Or did you mean nude models for a painting done with watercolors?

🤔

I've tried both!!!

Well, actually, covering the models with oils. It's not easy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

17 hours ago, Bagnu said:

My first attempt at making a dress for SL. The rigging is off, and let's not even talk about Weight Painting LOL!!

Sandy in My Dress 2.png

Baby steps. One day you'll look back and every obstacle in your path will be seen for what it is, just another baby step. Be stubborn, and keep at it!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

Baby steps. One day you'll look back and every obstacle in your path will be seen for what it is, just another baby step. Be stubborn, and keep at it!

^^^ what she said, in spades!  You are about a million miles ahead of me, cuz I can't do mesh at all.  Oh, when you get to it, don't forget the dildo dress.........

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

^^^ what she said, in spades!  You are about a million miles ahead of me, cuz I can't do mesh at all.  Oh, when you get to it, don't forget the dildo dress.........

I have no idea which hobbit that was, but I can look it up, I have all of Tolkien's stuff somewhere.

Oh wait, I can google it.

5 minutes later:

*MY EYES! OH, MY POOR, VIRGIN EYES!*

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

snapthingy_001.thumb.png.a8b0d535bb11403b93a7fafa2a14bf99.png

Exploring the Welcome Hub, met Violet Mole, everyone is nice. I can now have an opinion on this. It is a good one.

Lucky you! It was empty (not counting 3 random avatars) when I went. 1 alien, 1 on a horse, and 1 that I forget.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Lucky you! It was empty (not counting 3 random avatars) when I went. 1 alien, 1 on a horse, and 1 that I forget.

I saw some pink clouds, but I always get that.

Maybe more people go now than at first, iunno. Either way, it's what we make of it, so yeah. If enough people go, there will be more.

Overall impression is very good, I kinda wish it had been like that when I was new.

I'm probably going to make a habit of visiting again, at least sometimes. It's nice knowing there's somewhere I can drop in and ride my bike around without too many people flipping out, lol.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

I saw some pink clouds, but I always get that.

Maybe more people go now than at first, iunno. Either way, it's what we make of it, so yeah. If enough people go, there will be more.

Overall impression is very good, I kinda wish it had been like that when I was new.

I'm probably going to make a habit of visiting again, at least sometimes. It's nice knowing there's somewhere I can drop in and ride my bike around without too many people flipping out, lol.

Very possibly the time of day. I was there also today, but it was much earlier (US Eastern time).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

I made some more progress tonight!!!. The tutorials aren't overly clear on some things. I had to select all layers when binding to the armature, and mesh as the source, not bones!!! Now it's a matter of adjusting the weight paints properly, so the dress isn't connected between my AV's legs. And it isn't supposed to be as exposing!!!

Sandy Dress Better!!2.png

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

LOL, I knew you would say that!!! I was actually thinking of it while I was starting on the dress!!!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I made some more progress tonight!!!. The tutorials aren't overly clear on some things. I had to select all layers when binding to the armature, and mesh as the source, not bones!!! Now it's a matter of adjusting the weight paints properly, so the dress isn't connected between my AV's legs.

Sandy Dress Better!!2.png

Weight painting is a pain, but you'll get there. I even fixed that stray vertex in the female classic avatar's left upper leg once, you know, the one that makes it look like there's a brown streak running down people's legs when they're dancing? I just didn't bother uploading it because yeah. Nobody cares, lol.

Don't be afraid to subdivide, either. It actually helps mesh look more like fabric when it moves, instead of shifting tectonic plates. Which reminds me, I'm supposed to redo a t-shirt sooner or later, now that I know this.

Prior to rigging (or just rebind after), you can even do a quick subdivision surface mod to smooth it all, and then just scale it up a tiny bit to make up for the slight shrinkage that happens when you smooth the fabric. Be sure to apply the modifier afterward.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1