How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

2 hours ago, kisket said:

It's disturbing to hear about Fogbound Blues, it sounds like it's not a good place to go, too much riff raff.

I've had guys try to pick me up while I'm dancing with someone else at almost every popular dance location in SL.  Jerks are everywhere.  It's easy enough to ignore them, so if everything else about the venue is good, I don't let the jerks run me off.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

Go to a dedicated sex SIM, and you'll run into fewer idiots.

If that is true, things have changed a lot since my early days in SL.  I haven't been to a dedicated sex region in about a decade, maybe a bit more, but they were full of idiots back in the day.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, kisket said:

Did you try other viewers?

I get pretty much the same results regardless of viewer, it’s just to be expected running the game at basically max settings in 4k. SL regardless of the viewer just doesn’t utilize the cpu all that well since its engine predates multicore rendering in games being relevant. Firestorm is actually one of the ones that performs better with my GPU from my experience, black dragon for example sees it as an intel igpu and disables a bunch of options outright which is nonsense.

Ive yet to find any viewer that can use rebar properly as well, though it doesn’t seem to matter for anything other than dynamic texture memory being limited. It’s not like it won’t use more than 4gb of vram, it just doesn’t use more than 768mb for texture memory cache.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If that is true, things have changed a lot since my early days in SL.  I haven't been to a dedicated sex region in about a decade, maybe a bit more, but they were full of idiots back in the day.

It seems things have changed. The men on the dedicated sex SIMS nowadays are quite shy in a lot of cases.  Caitlin gets really upset at that, and has said to me many times they should be banned from the SIM.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, kisket said:

I had an electric guitar and a drumset in my 20's, my brother sang and his friend had bass guitar. I never learned to play guitar though & I seem to have forgotten how to play drums. In a college class one day, lol "panorama of world religions," some guys sitting behind me were talking to themselves about going onstage saying to themselves they needed a drummer. I turned around and looked back at them. Sandor, that was so fun. I was playing punk rock music as the drummer with these 3 guys in a college coffeehouse just for one night of my life, totally wonderful experience. I bet you miss that.

Oh my dear effing god do I ever miss that!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've had guys try to pick me up while I'm dancing with someone else at almost every popular dance location in SL.  Jerks are everywhere.  It's easy enough to ignore them, so if everything else about the venue is good, I don't let the jerks run me off.

You are so right. Jerks cannot be allowed to run our lives. Whether it be SL or RL.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, kisket said:

I don't recommend learning the clarinet, accordion, or how to make a racket on a piano. They'll never get you anywhere. Did you learn any other instruments?

Band2.jpg

I tried guitar. I couldn't get my fingers right for the cords. I tried keyboard too. But I fell in love with the drums back in grade 9 when I saw them in my highschool music room. So drums it's always been!!! My first instrument love. And they are staying with me for the rest of my life!!!

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 6

22 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

You are so right. Jerks cannot be allowed to run our lives. Whether it be SL or RL.

Yep, well said!  In SL now, I only go to blues clubs or other venues where I can dance on a dance line (DJs Yummy or Harmony at Fogbound) or in a club mover (Toby's or FAR Day events, always for both) while I chat and listen.  It is very rare for any numb-nuts to bother me then.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I tried guitar. I couldn't get my fingers right for the cords. I tried keyboard too. But I fell in love with the drums back in grade 9 when I saw them in my highschool music room. So drums it's always been!!! My first instrument love. And they are staying with me for the rest of my life!!!

In a few years I'm going to try flute. I need a place with good soundproofing if you know what I mean.

Flute.jpg

• Like 12
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, kisket said:

In a few years I'm going to try flute. I need a place with good soundproofing if you know what I mean.

Flute.jpg

LOL, I do. Flute isn't easy. I'll take the drums...thank you very much...

And why in a few years?

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

LOL, I do. Flute isn't easy. I'll take the drums...thank you very much...

And why in a few years?

Going from clarinet to flute can't be hard, I'm lazy, maybe I'll just buy one and start. You don't still have a drumset do you? I've seen your SL drumset, post more.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, kisket said:

Going from clarinet to flute can't be hard, I'm lazy, maybe I'll just buy one and start. You don't still have a drumset do you? I've seen your SL drumset, post more.

Here are my RL drums. I took this pic earlier today when I saw your post, but I couldn't respond at the time. They are 40 years old, and been through a lot, but still holding up.

My Drums.jpg

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1