How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

10 minutes ago, kisket said:
2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Don't look into the abyss too long, as they say...this becomes dangerous.

When one fails to embrace the abyss it creates a fear of death. Good and evil, or love and disrespect have a lot in common, in one case, oneself is given freely, in the other, taken. I think everyone should be free to do what they want as long as they keep harm to a minimum, and the abyss can sometimes provide that freedom.

We might need to define that 'abyss' used by Kierkegaard a bit better to evaluate this.  I guess it's on topic, as what we're doing this almost Friday eve is trying to figure out Kierkegaard and what evil is.  And of course we need to know this so we can relate effectively in SL.  I think he might have been referring to 'despair', not sure.

So how are you defining this 'abyss'?

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 2

The abyss is the unknown or in SL terms, change your EEP to something dark and turn your draw distance down as low as possible.  Now imagine what is out there that you can't see or comprehend.  Are you scared of the unknown abyss or do you embrace it?

Fear of the unknown is so common that people make stuff up about it all the time to feel better about their circumstances and find answers where there are none.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

For me, in practical terms, the abyss is like the next moment, it's the nothingness that allows us to create what we imagine and change. The Tao Te Ching defines it, without defining it.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, kisket said:
16 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

For me, in practical terms, the abyss is like the next moment, it's the nothingness that allows us to create what we imagine and change. The Tao Te Ching defines it, without defining it.

Ahh ok, that's an interesting interpretation, and worthy of discussion.

When I was using the term 'abyss' (and I really don't think it's Kierkegaard's meaning though he made the phrase popular) I was more meaning that I think it's wise not to spend too much time involved in the darker aspects of life, in 1st or 2nd lives, as it can easily take you over the edge into places that aren't good for you -- an excessive darkness that's destructive (I've seen it happen to people). It's quite seductive, actually...that darkness.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

it's wise not to spend too much time involved in the darker aspects of life, in 1st or 2nd lives, as it can easily take you over the edge into places that aren't good for you -- an excessive darkness that's destructive (I've seen it happen to people). It's quite seductive, actually...that darkness.

That's an interesting double meaning, the abyss can help us get out of the abyss. But there's nothing like a good teleport to get out of these horrid Halloween sims. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

"just open the damn door, Luna"...says a message from my next shamanic healing on tuesday...

What time? Really, they want you to open that door? What if it's locked. and they need to grease the hinges first, it's not Halloween yet.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I love you all but it's Friday and it's been raining for decades and I am finally home for a bit and my brain hurts............  can I just have puppies and kittens??  Please...........  please?

I love when I encounter random kitties in world. Here are a couple from yesterday's explorations, just for you, to bring some sunshine into your life. 

Leora 1 - random cat on mainland.jpg

leora 2 - cat called firestorm.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2023 at 12:05 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm in one of my "meh" attitudes with SL these days - and been that way for quite a while.  I still log in almost daily, but mostly to keep notices cleared and deal with misc. things.  Pretty sure I've been wearing the same outfit for 2 or 3 months now.

I used to change my outfit two or three times a day, mainly because I was in a store's group and they were prolific creators of smashing outfits with matching shoes and jewellery accessories. That was years ago though, and after I took a break, I found I stayed in the same outfit for months. 

Lately I've got a bit of the old zest back for changing my clothes, just because of the 55 linden dollar Thursday notecard having a vendor/creator who makes for all the mesh avatars, but also a lot of things for classic avatars like mine too, and they have a gzillion lucky chairs (slight exaggeration), midnight madness. 

I know this might sound quite silly, but I got excited at this dress I picked up this week because, even though that skirt isn't flexi, it holds it's shape beautifully when I walk, and I love the detailing on it. This might be my new favourite outfit. 

temp 1.jpg

• Like 10

True, true........  If I am not socializing much, I can go for months in one outfit cuz WTF not?  But I have been going to many of FAR's Lunatic Events recently and I take Dressing for the Theme VERY seriously, LOL.  Also have been following Luna to various events at Shambhala (what IS my spirit animal today??) so want to be appropriate there as well.  It all leads to tons of new outfits that get used, tweaked, reused, ad nauseam.

Edited by Leora Greenwood
illiterate before coffee
  • Like 5

I was looking through some photos yesterday, trying to find funny ones for another thread, but then had a small idea to return to the same location and do a then and now comparison.

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sakaw/117/107/79

When I owned a small parcel of mainland on this region in 2008, exactly 15 years ago, there were not even any roads or trees, so I built my home and the shop next door to it on a raised foundation, knowing that one day pipework, hardcore, and then tarmac would be put in eventually by the Linden Department of Works. 

September 2008

temp 1.jpg

September 2023

temp 2.jpg

September 2008

temp 3.jpg

September 2023

temp 4.jpg

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 7

Returning home late one night, Tiggie and I are startled to see......  what?  A skull?  and a swirling portal to where??  Are those glowing eyes seeing us??????????

Skull_002.jpg.a7a578e71afae8100d43d16f1e2ceecb.jpg

unable to stop, we are pulled up and upward............ where are we??

Skull_001.thumb.jpg.a483a7ef751f0a296d15d8a24b71e441.jpg

Edited by Leora Greenwood
never enough.........
  • Like 11
  • Haha 2