A Batch of Hand-Crafted Artisanal UI Changes

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1035 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

40 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I keep my LMs sorted into subfolders in the Landmark folder.  Clothing, Full Perm, venue type, etc.

I do also, which is why I like the new pop-up when adding a LM in the newest LL viewer.     

-------------------------------------------------------------

I do think that these UI changes were made to try and make things easier for new residents, so looking at the changes in that light - rather than as a long time resident (or one who may not have even used the LL viewer for quite some time) - is helpful.    

I started using the LL viewer full time again a week or so ago, and so far these new changes have not been an issue for me, usability wise.  I actually haven't used the FS viewer since BOM first went live.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MoiraKathleen said:

I do also, which is why I like the new pop-up when adding a LM in the newest LL viewer.     

-------------------------------------------------------------

I do think that these UI changes were made to try and make things easier for new residents, so looking at the changes in that light - rather than as a long time resident (or one who may not have even used the LL viewer for quite some time) - is helpful.    

I started using the LL viewer full time again a week or so ago, and so far these new changes have not been an issue for me, usability wise.  I actually haven't used the FS viewer since BOM first went live.  

Then the Lindens should be able to claim that they increased retention due to this viewer and that's unlikely, because the reason people leave SL isn't because the landmarks aren't arranged in some supposedly "intuitive" manner.

• Haha 1

The Linden viewer is notorious for releasing programmer art as final UI - Fixing that makes up a decent portion of any TPV's basic workload and it's a much bigger and more complicated job that it might seem.

LL cleaning up some UI is very welcome.

Yes, this may well impact retention - first impressions, usability and looks matter.

Sorry this isn't the one job the OP thinks LL should drop literally everything to work on, they are very well aware of search being wonky.

Edited by Coffee Pancake
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I like a tidy screen

and yet I see the camera control floater on that screen, and even toolbar buttons along the bottom. It's pretty easy to develop the "muscle memory" to have a more enjoyable experience without those.

Personally, I find the favorites bar very useful, but that's probably due to my idiosyncratic use of SL, and I simply couldn't navigate the grid without popping open the "address bar" part every few minutes, so it's not that my screen is tidy. I've also come to depend on my scripts in a few translucent HUDs, so maybe I just don't have room for a toolbar and a cam control floater amid all my clutter.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1035 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.