Help with line issue

DakotaLeRae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1041 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a male avi. I have a Signature body gianni version, lelutka skyler head 2.5 dated and Cesar Skin for lelutka head and signature skin both form stray dog, and I have a neck line issues. I brought the cesar skin. Please can you advance and help me?

5b90b64374fc67f426f95ea530109b50.jpg

7 hours ago, poochbear Fluffpaw said:

I have a male avi. I have a Signature body gianni version, lelutka skyler head 2.5 dated and Cesar Skin for lelutka head and signature skin both form stray dog, and I have a neck line issues. I brought the cesar skin. Please can you advance and help me?

5b90b64374fc67f426f95ea530109b50.jpg

Is the beard on the skin or a BOM layer?  Do you have shine on either the head or body?

• 1 month later...

From another thread concerning the neck issue

On 5/9/2021 at 7:35 AM, Skell Dagger said:

Assuming that you're using one of the Type 1 neck options in the Maitreya HUD (as those are the ones intended to be used with heads like Evolution, which use the Universal Neck setting) then you might also want to check the materials settings on both your head and body. Look on both HUDs for anything labelled as either materials/gloss/shine/environment, etc. Having non-identical materials settings on the head and body can lead to a discrepancy like that, which tends only to be visible when lighting hits the neck area from certain angles.

6 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Here comes the neck line issue, AGAIN.

Let's summarize it once more then...

The avatar's in SL are made out of separate parts. Those parts are made of vertices, which have some data attached to them called vertex normals. These normals basically tell the renderer in which direction the surface has its normal, aka perpendicular, direction for the light bounces to be calculated.

Textures, such as the normal maps, BEND and MODIFY the hard-coded normals, but if the base normals are discrepant, the result will still be discrepant, so textures really do nothing except mitigate the visibility of the mismatch under favorable lighting conditions.

Creators have their own working files. Although vertex normals can be copied and pasted from a set of vertices to another, this requires the modeler to have the other body part in question within their working files. Do body creators have ALL the heads models at their disposal to do this operation, which would cause to have one body version for each single head on the market? NO. Do the heads creators have ALL the bodies to perform the above mentioned operations, which would require one head version for each single body on the market? NO.

So, there really is no fix about unless the head comes from the same brand the body comes from, or a covering mesh is applied on that area to mitigate the problem

I rarely venture into this area of the forum, hence my not noticing @poochbear Fluffpaw's original issue. However, I was alerted to this thread by being quoted from elsewhere, and so despite it being almost two months after the original post (which means the issue may have been resolved by now) for the sake of anyone else coming into it: the issue in the original post may simply be a case of wearing the wrong body.

Signature's male bodies have two options in the folder:

• Default Neck
  • SL Neck

The Default Neck is for all older heads, such as Lelutka Origins, and Catwa's original Bento and pre-Bento lines. The SL Neck version is for all heads that use the newish Universal Neck fitting (which addresses Optimo's point, above; yes, there is such a thing these days that's starting to happen with new releases), such as Lelutka Evo And Evo X and Catwa HDPRO. So if you're using either of those two head types, make sure you're using the SL Neck version of the body.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

I rarely venture into this area of the forum, hence my not noticing @poochbear Fluffpaw's original issue. However, I was alerted to this thread by being quoted from elsewhere, and so despite it being almost two months after the original post (which means the issue may have been resolved by now) for the sake of anyone else coming into it: the issue in the original post may simply be a case of wearing the wrong body.

Signature's male bodies have two options in the folder:

• Default Neck
  • SL Neck

The Default Neck is for all older heads, such as Lelutka Origins, and Catwa's original Bento and pre-Bento lines. The SL Neck version is for all heads that use the newish Universal Neck fitting (which addresses Optimo's point, above; yes, there is such a thing these days that's starting to happen with new releases), such as Lelutka Evo And Evo X and Catwa HDPRO. So if you're using either of those two head types, make sure you're using the SL Neck version of the body.

Sorry, I forgot to quote @Ingrid Ingersollwho posted more recently about the same issue.  Her post was above mine.  

13 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Thanks for this, I never thought of looking at the materials on both skins to make sure they were identical. 

I think my issue is that I'm using a lelutka evo x head which has a completely different mapping from other heads, hence, neck blenders don't work. There's an evo x neck blender on the marketplace for 500L. if there was a demo I'd try it. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rasterscan said:

I bought the matching skins for my body and my head and they wern't cheap neither. . Still get the neckline line. :(

From another thread 

21 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Normally I would agree, but Izzie Button has really raised the bar with her latest BoM neck blenders. She's released female ones as well as male ones (the latter having an Adam's apple, as well as being better matched to the typical tones of male skins) and both sets are tintable. She's done the blend beautifully well, and they cover a much wider range of the neck, so you're not left with an inch-deep band of visible tone change around the join of head and body. I was even able to achieve a seamless blend between a Session female head skin and one of Glam Affair's Pink Fuel body tones for Maitreya's flat chest (and, of course, Pink Fuel have V-Tech skins, although whether they have updated to BoM is not something I've checked). Worth a demo, at least.

That said, I believe V-Tech now updates only for Belleza Freya? I haven't really used mine since I got the Maitreya flat chest add-on, but as long as you have the Maitreya body set to use the Type 2 neck it should all fit together with the V-Tech and the Genus head.

3 hours ago, rasterscan said:

I bought the matching skins for my body and my head and they wern't cheap neither. . Still get the neckline line. :(

There are as many possibilities for fixing your issue as there are combinations of heads, bodies, types of skin, and types of 'neckline issue'. In short, as Lillith mentions:

• Which mesh head are you using?
  • Which mesh body are you using? (if the mesh body contains multiple options, which option are you using?)
  • Are you using applier skins or BoM skins?
  • Can we please see a close-up screenshot of the issue?

Without that information, nobody can really help you.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2021 at 1:55 PM, Skell Dagger said:

The SL Neck version is for all heads that use the newish Universal Neck fitting (which addresses Optimo's point, above; yes, there is such a thing these days that's starting to happen with new releases), such as Lelutka Evo And Evo X and Catwa HDPRO.

Sure, it started happening after someone has made a scripted tool to copy and paste vertex normals and has given those creators a beta to try out...😉 Not hearing complaints or failures reports was making that someone think the testers had not started to use the tool yet, but was wrong apparently!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1041 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.