Skirts

Truestar Mokeev

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Most clothing stores tend to have skirts, of various lengths usually, so it's hard to give you a store with a skirt based on just that metric - I could list a ton of stores that all have skirts, but that wouldn't really narrow anything down.

Are you looking for any particular style of skirt, length aside?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Orwar said:

Most clothing stores tend to have skirts, of various lengths usually, so it's hard to give you a store with a skirt based on just that metric - I could list a ton of stores that all have skirts, but that wouldn't really narrow anything down.

Are you looking for any particular style of skirt, length aside?

Like I said, the "metric" I'm looking for something between a midi (usually just above the knee) and mini because most mini skirts in SL are a lot shorter than I like.  I've perused the marketplace and been to many inworld stores and found just a few in years of hunting that satisfy that preference.

I get the demand for the ultra short skirts so not criticizing designers for offering such.  Just a bit frustrated that it is so hard to find a length not uncommon in so-called RL.

2 minutes ago, Truestar Mokeev said:

Just a bit frustrated that it is so hard to find a length not uncommon in so-called RL.

There are a lot of skirts out there, what I mean is that it's difficult to search by skirt length, compared to searching for, say, denim skirts and finding one of appropriate length and design. You can add keywords in an MP search to specify a style, then browse among that style to find one to your liking.

For example: "Denim AND Skirt AND Maitreya AND Belt" -> Filter by price: L$0-L$10 (to display demos primarily, but also finding dollarbies/freebies), sort by Newest First = the best overview possible of skirts specifically with a belt and with a denim look (except of course people spam keywords that don't fit, so, meh).

On the first page was this, which might be about the right length? https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Corvus-DEMO-Nina-Skirt/21349001

• Like 1

I only have ONE "mid length" skirt in that folder.  I guessed that BAIASTICE would be the winner for that. I think there are a lot more mid  length DRESSES than skirts. One reason that these are difficult to find is that the longer you make the skirt, the  more difficult it is to rig. So the "easy" way out is to make VERY SHORT skirts (I have many "dresses" in my "tops" folders).  

Also you might check SUITS which would typically have a skirt and a jacket and sometimes a top.

This is Baiastice_Belted Leather Skirt  -- both colors and prints and a fatpack.

image.thumb.png.5986ec8e4c27b94d2d3e4b954daa4105.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Truestar Mokeev said:

I'm looking for something between a midi (usually just above the knee) and mini

Sounds like approximately mid-thigh length. 
Hilly Haalen makes quite a few dresses in that length category, so you might find some skirts there that are mid-thigh length.  
Virtue has quite a few dresses that length and she does sell skirts, but I'm not sure about the length on the skirts - the few I'm remembering might be closer to knee length. 
I have a couple from Seven that hit me roughly mid-thigh.

• Like 1

Part of the reason that skirts are so short in SL is because longer ones (when mesh) look so bad with the animations, because of the way they stretch and distort abnormally in the middle. The problem was the same with system-skirts pre-mesh.

There really isn't a fix for this issue except make the skirts shorter, or make them flexi, and flexi creates a whole new set of problems.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maitimo said:

Part of the reason that skirts are so short in SL is because longer ones (when mesh) look so bad with the animations, because of the way they stretch and distort abnormally in the middle. The problem was the same with system-skirts pre-mesh.

There really isn't a fix for this issue except make the skirts shorter, or make them flexi, and flexi creates a whole new set of problems.

Or make them true Avatar Cloth, like they are in Sinespace (or whatever the type/rigging is over there) -- though that probably introduces a whole new set of issues.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.