Legacy mesh bodies - finger & toe nails

Orion Pastorelli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a question about applying personal textures to the finger & toe nails of the Legacy mesh bodies ?

I made a small tattoo for myself and was able to apply it to my Legacy body using BoM. Is there a way to use BoM to apply textures to the finger & toe nails?

Or do I have to use a HUD based applier to do so?  If so, do they offer a dev kit?   Or do you have to submit your textures to the Legacy body store and they make the applier for you, like in the old TMP days?

Edited by Orion Pastorelli

They never released the nails kit, that's why there are only mesh nails that are rigged to their bodies and exactly zero texture appliers available. Latest 1.4 update had some note about new dev kit coming soon, which is given the recent announcement of Legacy X will probably be around the time it's out. So maybe then, but who really knows, not releasing something as simple for 2 years is pretty puzzling.

Edited by steeljane42
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, steeljane42 said:

They never released the nails kit, that's why there are only mesh nails that are rigged to their bodies and exactly zero texture appliers available. Latest 1.4 update had some note about new dev kit coming soon, which is given the recent announcement of Legacy X will probably be around the time it's out. So maybe then, but who really knows, not releasing something as simple for 2 years is pretty puzzling.

A few stores did do applier for the old tmp body.  They're still in my style HUD and work on the legacy.  I don't think I recall who made them.  I do know one was from Baiastice.  That was ages ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, steeljane42 said:

That is laughable. 😵 They can't get out a nail kit, so people are forced to use mesh nails? And this is a big business in SL?

But what is this about Legacy X? A new body with some minor differences, that will not be an update, but a new 5000 L body?

• Thanks 4

9 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

A few stores did do applier for the old tmp body.  They're still in my style HUD and work on the legacy.  I don't think I recall who made them.  I do know one was from Baiastice.  That was ages ago.

Then it's even more weird they never released the nails appliers kit for the Legacy.

24 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

That is laughable. 😵 They can't get out a nail kit, so people are forced to use mesh nails? And this is a big business in SL?

But what is this about Legacy X? A new body with some minor differences, that will not be an update, but a new 5000 L body?

You're not forced to use rigged nails, body comes with 5 types/shapes (I think?) of nails as is. But you're stuck with whatever nail polish options they have. Which are plenty for some people, from natural colors to usual red/black etc. Or, like Rowan said - you can use old TMP styles if you had them before. But yeah, all those fancy or fun designs like Dark Passions and similar creators make are not available.

And Legacy X is going to be a free update to current owners of legacy, then sold separately to future customers after it's released, first planned is the female (not perky) one. And from what it sounds like it's going to be same body rigging wise, but with HD stuff just like new Lelutka heads are.

Edited by steeljane42
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, steeljane42 said:

Then it's even more weird they never released the nails appliers kit for the Legacy.

You're not forced to use rigged nails, body comes with 5 types/shapes (I think?) of nails as is. But you're stuck with whatever nail polish options they have. Which are plenty for some people, from natural colors to usual red/black etc. Or, like Rowan said - you can use old TMP styles if you had them before. But yeah, all those fancy or fun designs like Dark Passions and similar creators make are not available.

And Legacy X is going to be a free update to current owners of legacy, then sold separately to future customers after it's released, first planned is the female (not perky) one. And from what it sounds like it's going to be same body rigging wise, but with HD stuff just like new Lelutka heads are.

Yes, I know about the included nailpolishes. I should clarify that I meant patterns like stripes, ombre and also other colors than the default.

But thank you for clearing up what Legacy X is! It is a step in the right direction when they release free updates. A very big step.

If the HUD included about 5 shades of red and 5 shades of pink I wouldn't care, but yeah, wearing open toed shoes with Legacy is an exercise in frustration for me. There is no hope for any kind of color coordination. The single shade of pink, for example, barely looks like pink in many lighting situations.

On 3/22/2021 at 5:11 PM, steeljane42 said:

You are talking about a brand that didn't update their TMP body for years, even though they promised an update. So not surprising. I'm still shocked I've gotten updates on my Legacy/Perky.

Thanks to everyone who replied, I really do appreciate the feed back.^^

On 3/22/2021 at 5:11 PM, steeljane42 said:

I guess I will have to wait for this new Dev Kit to be released...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.