Your avatar is you? Or just a computer generated graphic to play with?

Doc Carling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1180 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My first avatar was very carefully meant to be a representation of my true self, only much more physically fit. She was way too fragile.  My second incarnation is the one I inhabit currently and she is more laid back. Still a representation of me, but this one is tougher, more resilient, less serious and feels no need to replicate all my inner frailties. I like Kali better.  She has more fun.

• Like 2

Mmmm....

I dont think i have enough Lindens to make my avatar look like me.

So,we look different from one another.

But we are the same in how we talk to people,how we are too much talkative,and etc.

But i was my AV to do somethings that i wont or cant do in RL,

Like being part of a Mafia.

Being a General Of Intelligence and Security Department.

Being a worker in a mine and so on.

Thats why its second life-you be what you wanna be.

Not what your fate wants you to be.❤🔥

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

Just because I'm curious. You mean "The Mafia" or gangs in general?  Why is that attracting you?

The Mafia.

Mainly the Sicilian or Brazilian.

Its the impact of games,movies and series

Other than that i know not everything is like in peaky blinders.😉

I love that action.

Those bloody fights and story lines.

I know they are evil and all.

But you know,villains are attractive.

Not the petty gangs.❤🔥

• Like 1

Let's see, over the years in SL I have been a female, a male, a parrot, a dragon, Sid Nagy, the pope, prince Charles, Obama, a tiny elf, a tiny lion, a skeleton, a 70 year old guy, a giant combat robot, a carpenter selling doors and windows, a florist selling plants and trees. And a handful of other characters.

So yeah, I don't think it is me all the time.
I'm the puppeteer and the avatars are the puppets, but of course parts of my character shine trough when I play them in the theater called SL.

I think the Sid Nagy guy comes pretty close to the RL me. Only that I'm at least two times his age and 2.5 times his weight in RL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have always thought that people's avatars/characters in SL are actually a truer reflection of themselves than their RL selves.

It' is who you are, stripped from the inhibitions and conventions imposed by society and the restrictions of your given physical form. It is who you truly are inside. 

I'm surprised how many people say they "play a character". No matter how hard you try, I feel like it never lasts long until your true self comes out. For better or worse. 

The main different between me and my SL self is that I am way more social in SL, because I am less self-conscious, feel less judged, and have less anxiety about being trapped in conversations with people or forced into a situation I am uncomfortable with. 

It is who I would like to be if I was more confident and less self aware.

My sex life in SL has also been way more adventurous. I have done things sexually in SL that I would never dare attempt or even know how to find in RL! 🤣

• Like 2

My av looks nothing like me in RL, but I think she is still a reflection of my interests and personality. For example: I love ballgowns and bright colors. So I buy a lot of that and change clothes often. I also love the ocean and so walk around in mer form when not dressing up.

My AV is my in world persona but she is also like the ultimate barbie doll when it comes to style. I love the ability to change everything on the fly. Can't do that in RL. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1180 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.