Superbowl!

Rat Luv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

You were probably one of the kids running around saying TUBULAR! instead of cool. 🙄 Thankfully that didn't last long. lol

Thanks Tubular Bells.

I just seen it on cable and watched it and it really freaked me out..It was in the 90's when I seen it..

What the heck is tubular? 0o

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I just seen it on cable and watched it and it really freaked me out..It was in the 90's when I seen it..

What the heck is tubular? 0o

“Tubular” started in the 70s when surfers used it to describe something cool (surfing the tube formed by the wave). Then Exorcist hit the theaters, and everyone was running around saying "tubular" instead of "cool" for a while.

The phrase made a comeback in the ‘80s and was another common phrase said by the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: "Totally tubular, dude."

20 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

“Tubular” started in the 70s when surfers used it to describe something cool (surfing the tube formed by the wave). Then Exorcist hit the theaters, and everyone was running around saying "tubular" instead of "cool" for a while.

The phrase made a comeback in the ‘80s and was another common phrase said by the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: "Totally tubular, dude."

In the 80's I doubt anyone where I lived was saying Tubular..

That sounds more like something that would have been going on in the suburbs.

I don't even think I was old enough to know what slang was until the mid 90's. hehehehe

I do remember this having an impression on me though.. hehehehe

Fell in love with Pac right from the get go.. :D

Edited by Ceka Cianci

On 2/15/2022 at 5:58 AM, Ceka Cianci said:

I seen the exorcist when I was like 10 years old..

I hung a cross over my bed that stayed there until I moved out of the house.. hehehehe

I had a similar reaction to that movie at about the same age.  I had talked my mother into taking me,  and we sat up all night - unable to sleep.

Exorcist never really scared me. I knew what to expect. The head falling out of the hole in the bottom of that boat (under water!) in Jaws made me almost jump out of my seat. 

The one movie that really got to me was Apocalypse Now. The flip side of that is Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Wait... shouldn't this be in that other thread? lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.