Why can't I see my house? I've logged in twice. This has happened before, but usually will rezz after a while.

Jaide Beck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1209 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A little clarification, please ..... does "not rezzing" mean that you can't see the house, or that it actually is not there?  If you walk over there, do you bump into an invisible house?

That's an important distinction.  If the house is failing to be visible, you have a viewer problem.  You might be able to make the house appear by right-clicking where it ought to be, or simply by zooming your camera way out and back in again.  If the house actually isn't rezzing, then there's a problem with the mailbox for your parcel or with the rezzer for the region.  If that's the case, then you can contact Live Chat or file a support case to report it and get Linden Lab to fix it.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 3

A handy way to render unrendered (as opposed to not rezzed) objects is to toggle wire-frame mode on and off: Ctrl+Shift+R, twice.

There's a couple of places I visit that sometimes fail to rez objects for me, but after almost every TP I find at least some objects not rendering (often HUD objects I'm wearing), so much so that I've added a wire-frame on/wire-frame off macro to one of my programmable mouse buttons.

• Like 2

If it's a Linden Home in Bellisseria, re-rez it from the control post or whatever you have to choose your house type. If it doesn't work (there are no house options in the menu to choose from), click and hold on the post for at least four seconds to re-set it (I think it's four, might be longer). 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

A little clarification, please ..... does "not rezzing" mean that you can't see the house, or that it actually is not there?  If you walk over there, do you bump into an invisible house?

That's an important distinction.  If the house is failing to be visible, you have a viewer problem.  You might be able to make the house appear by right-clicking where it ought to be, or simply by zooming your camera way out and back in again.  If the house actually isn't rezzing, then there's a problem with the mailbox for your parcel or with the rezzer for the region.  If that's the case, then you can contact Live Chat or file a support case to report it and get Linden Lab to fix it.

When I say it isn't rezzed. i can't see it, I don't know i, how can i tell if something is there if I can't see it? I pressed ctrl alt T and I see no house. This is not my house, it is a linden home. I am not sure how I confused you, but hopefully you see what I'm saying now . :)

4 hours ago, Karly Kiyori said:

If it's a Linden Home in Bellisseria, re-rez it from the control post or whatever you have to choose your house type. If it doesn't work (there are no house options in the menu to choose from), click and hold on the post for at least four seconds to re-set it (I think it's four, might be longer). 

I can't see the house options button. This has happened before, but usually by the next time I rezz it is back.

6 hours ago, KT Kingsley said:

A handy way to render unrendered (as opposed to not rezzed) objects is to toggle wire-frame mode on and off: Ctrl+Shift+R, twice.

There's a couple of places I visit that sometimes fail to rez objects for me, but after almost every TP I find at least some objects not rendering (often HUD objects I'm wearing), so much so that I've added a wire-frame on/wire-frame off macro to one of my programmable mouse buttons.

Thanks for your help. It didn't work.  :) I appreciate it. 😆

8 minutes ago, Jaide Beck said:

When I say it isn't rezzed. i can't see it, I don't know i, how can i tell if something is there if I can't see it? I pressed ctrl alt T and I see no house. This is not my house, it is a linden home. I am not sure how I confused you, but hopefully you see what I'm saying now . :)

Like @Rolig Loonsaid, if you walk into an invisible wall where your house should be, the it just hasn't rezzed for you.  If you can walk right in where a wall should be, then house isn't there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

I normally find relogging or teleporting away and back again fixes it. I get it alot at shopping events or busy places, the viewer just sort of decides I have rezzed enough, I can't be bothered to rezz any more.

Oh no.. I thought I'd tp away and come back n see the other houses, but now I can't see mine again. WHYYY SL 😢

It is an annoying bug, the way this happens sometimes, but to the extent it is happening now it is sounding like a symptom of a poor connection to the data centre. 

You could try turning your router off for a minute and then back on again. If the fault is at your end it might help. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jaide Beck said:

Oh it looks like some, or all of the homes are the same way. Why is this happening? This is the second, or third time. :o

Type Ctrl+Shift+1 to bring up the Statistics pallette. Near the top of it you'll see you packet loss, that is how much of the data sent from the server is lost on the way:

bilde.png.8bf64afadb46099c39a98c1194082432.png

If the packet loss is several percents, you have problems with you internet connection, as Aethelwine suggested.

If not, there are two other possible explanations. One is an old bug that has popped up every now and then and caused objects, usually scripted ones, to fail to load. It's been a few years since last time I heard about it but maybe it turned up again during the migration to the cloud as Prokofy suggested? Has anybody else had similar problems recently?

The other possible explanation is simply that the region is filled up with more content than your computer can handle. I'm not sure how plausible that explanation is. Bellisseria region varies from heavy to very heavy, depending on the content added by the residents, but it has to go all the way to extremely heavy before you should expect such problems.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ChinRey said:

Type Ctrl+Shift+1 to bring up the Statistics pallette. Near the top of it you'll see you packet loss, that is how much of the data sent from the server is lost on the way:

If the packet loss is several percents, you have problems with you internet connection, as Aethelwine suggested.

If not, there are two other possible explanations. One is an old bug that has popped up every now and then and caused objects, usually scripted ones, to fail to load. It's been a few years since last time I heard about it but maybe it turned up again during the migration to the cloud as Prokofy suggested? Has anybody else had similar problems recently?

The other possible explanation is simply that the region is filled up with more content than your computer can handle. I'm not sure how plausible that explanation is. Bellisseria region varies from heavy to very heavy, depending on the content added by the residents, but it has to go all the way to extremely heavy before you should expect such problems.

Hi, I checked it's gone up and down, but right now it's 2.1% and ookla said my internet speed is 355.19 mbps.

4 hours ago, ChinRey said:

I appreciate your help though. :) I have tried several things, I did submit a ticket as well. :o

I went on an alt and I could see my house on the alt, so something's a miss on this avatar.. 

7 hours ago, Jaide Beck said:

Oh no.. I thought I'd tp away and come back n see the other houses, but now I can't see mine again. WHYYY SL 😢

Yup.  It's almost certain that you have a connection problem.  The houses in that region are there, but your Internet connection is losing enough information that your graphics card cannot display them reliably.  As Aethelwine suggested, you can try rebooting your modem and router to see if that improves the connection.  If possible, avoid using a wifi connection to the Internet too, because that can be another cause for data loss.  Your computer and its Internet can be just fine for normal e-mail, watching YouTube videos, and playing some sorts of on-line games, but still not be good enough to handle Second Life reliably.  The speed of the connection does not make a difference.  Reliability does.  If you are losing packets of information so that your computer cannot stay in sync with the SL servers and keep up with the flood of data they are feeding to you, it will continue to have a hard time rendering things. 

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1209 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.